Northern Ireland Election 2017

GDPR

With the reduction of seats alone, there'll be a lot of noses out of joint when the dust is settled. The seat reduction is likely to favour larger parties over smaller ones.

Hans Von Horn

With the reduction of seats alone, there'll be a lot of noses out of joint when the dust is settled. The seat reduction is likely to favour larger parties over smaller ones.
Sinn Fein will devour the SDLP. Michael Martin will have his Ass handed to him in his first Northern Ireland Election.

The DUP will devour the UUP

Last edited:

GDPR

Sinn Fein will devour the SDLP. Michael Martin will have his Ass handed to him in hiss first Northern Ireland Election.

We'll find out in due course, yet it's a little early to be making such predictions with 6 weeks of campaigning to go, a long time in politics.

Hans Von Horn

We'll find out in due course, yet it's a little early to be making such predictions with 6 weeks of campaigning to go, a long time in politics.
It's going to get very Tribal. The game is don't divide your Tribe's Vote.

Hans Von Horn

You just don't get the same Rainbow of Whingers in Northern Ireland Elections as we do in the 26.

Hans Von Horn

mac tíre

They do not understand Northern Ireland if they insist on running in it!
FF running the north? There are not enough brown envelopes to go around since the DUP has cornered that market.

devoutcapitalist

DUP slogan: "Stop Sinn Fein been the largest party"

Sinn Fein Slogan: "Vote Sinn Fein to stop the DUP been the largest party".

Well that's basically the narrative of both parties.

gijoe

Don't think so. I think its the partys with multiple seats in the constituencies that will lose out. Two quotas has gone from 28% to 33% and three quotas from 43% to 50%.

West Belfast is interesting as always. SF look on paper favourites to hold their 4 seats but will the Shankill Rd Unionists transfer enough to Alex Atwood to get him over the line ahead of a Shinner?

devoutcapitalist

Don't think so. I think its the partys with multiple seats in the constituencies that will lose out. Two quotas has gone from 28% to 33% and three quotas from 43% to 50%.

West Belfast is interesting as always. SF look on paper favourites to hold their 4 seats but will the Shankill Rd Unionists transfer enough to Alex Atwood to get him over the line ahead of a Shinner?
I hear PBP are running 2 candidates in WB, I can't see the SDLP holding their seat. It may go SF 4, PBP 1 or SF 3, PBP 2 if SF shed some further support in WB but highly unlikely.

Shpake

Rubbing my bleary eyes....
So they hold an election, there might be some changes at the constituency level but I'd expect the two largest parties to be Sinn Féin and DUP as before.
But what then?
Kiss and make up or direct rule from Westminster?
It's possible of course that Arlene Foster might retire... (or resign) and the two parties get the show up on the road again.

SuirView

Sinn Fein will devour the SDLP. Michael Martin will have his Ass handed to him in his first Northern Ireland Election.

Has post #7 on this thread escaped your attention?

mac tíre

So, will this thread appear in the "election box" on the Homepage that we had throughout 2016?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies