Northern Ireland vote required by constituency/county to achieve 50%+1 in a border poll

McSlaggart

Its not all one way. Plenty of unionists too.
Yes we agree that Derry city and south Derry have a nationalist majority...... do you have any idea how daft this all is?????????

County Derry is a nationalist majority county get your head around that fact.

Mickeymac

It says another border poll cannot be held within 7 years of one taking place, it does not say that once a border poll has been called that there must be one every 7 years after that.

It would appear that lie down you had earlier had a negative:lol:

Craigmore..

No you fool. Apart from Cityside. That's it.
South Londonderry is mainly rural. It's a bit empty. There's a large Unionist majority in Londonderry county minus the cityside of Derry, despite the lies that tokkie might tell. That's a fact. Another thing overlooked is the practical disowning of SF by Catholics in North Down.

Mickeymac

Yes we agree that Derry city and south Derry have a nationalist majority...... do you have any idea how daft this all is?????????

To end this nonsense, Ireland has a Nationalist majority just like they did when the British and onionists enforced partition.

Disgusting IMO and most people across the Globe would agree with me.

Craigmore..

Yes.it is but not minus the 50k in the cityside. The Cityside is a small locality which doesn't give a proper insight into Londonderry County itself. I couldn't reiterate that more to anyone.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

The waterside in Derry apparently is now has a nationalist majority.
Is it balls. Come with me to my church on Irish St this Sunday and we'll have a wonder around. It ain't populated by Rebs.

Nordie Northsider

This Forum is none of your business Stater.
Worthy of Wilde, that retort. In fact I am from the lovely county of Derry. I was thinking of moving back there and starting a big family but it's greening up quite nicely without me. Tick, tock matey.

Mickeymac

Worthy of Wilde, that retort. In fact I am from the lovely county of Derry. I was thinking of moving back there and starting a big family but it's greening up quite nicely without me. Tick, tock matey.

Declare only "your genious" sir to such illiterate AH's pal.

McSlaggart

Yes.it is but not minus the 50k in the cityside. The Cityside is a small locality which doesn't give a proper insight into Londonderry County itself. I couldn't reiterate that more to anyone.
You have already accepted that South Derry has a nationalist majority. Thus the only part of the county with a unionist majorty is the north East of the county.

Nordie Northsider

Just for comic value, can I point out the Ulster-Scots name for the area we're talking about? It's Coontie Lunnonderrie

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies