Northern Nationalists whining again - What's good for the goose, is good for the gander?

Antóin Mac Comháin

Sinn Féin Councillor Kevin Savage has condemned the sectarian image, which was stuck to a recycling bank in Banbridge Town.

The Banbridge Councillor said:

“The image which has been stuck to a glass recycling bank displaying a man kicking someone with the slogan ‘Kick a Fenian in the head’ is abhorrent.

"Such sectarian images have no place in today’s society.

"This is no doubt a veiled reference to the brutal sectarian murder of Robert Hamill in Portadown in 1997. It is both sickening and disturbing.

"I have reported this as a hate crime to the PSNI asking that it be removed immediately. I have also contacted local council officials and the Department of Infrastructure.

"Anyone with information should bring it forward so as the actions of those involved can be challenged.

"We should all be able to live free from harassment and intimidation and free from displays of racism, sectarianism and homophobia.” - https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjI_Yf546zXAhXCGuwKHS86BWwQFghJMAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fsinnfeinireland%3Flang%3Den&usg=AOvVaw2S0fccDeeIOHkPAOndFmJI

What about the Jews?

InsideImDancing

Imma knock you out when I get you, Antóin.

Fight me at half 3, at the Wolfe Tone monument. :)

Strawberry

Is the OP seriously criticising SF for condemning this sectarian poster? Seriously?

A better question would be why are SF the only party condemning it.

mac tíre

You did?...........:lol:
He was on here offering to meet people in Dublin to challenge them. Well, I think that's why he wanted to meet up with them. :D

Antóin Mac Comháin

Is the OP seriously criticising SF for condemning this sectarian poster? Seriously?

A better question would be why are SF the only party condemning it.
No. The OP is asking a question, hence the question marks, but now that you've mentioned it, are SF only opposed to racism and sectarianism when it affects Catholics and Muslims?

Supra

This thread will be a whinge fest. The title started the ball rolling

hollandia

The question the OP asks is "what about the jews?". Well, what about them? what is the relevance to the sticker? Is it a vile conspiracy led by international Jewry? Or is the OP off his rocker?

mac tíre

Are you suggesting there's something suspicious about adult men getting together to have a wrestle?
Not at all. However, it may be a little disconcerting when you are told that the 'wrestling ring' looks like a toilet cubicle on purpose.

mac tíre

No. The OP is asking a question, hence the question marks, but now that you've mentioned it, are SF only opposed to racism and sectarianism when it affects Catholics and Muslims?
Real intention of the thread alert! Real intention of the thread alert!

Antóin Mac Comháin

The question the OP asks is "what about the jews?". Well, what about them? what is the relevance to the sticker? Is it a vile conspiracy led by international Jewry? Or is the OP off his rocker?
Or alternatively I'm a secularist, and I have Jewish relatives, and I wouldn't vote for SF because of their support for the Muslim Brotherhood?

New Threads

Most Replies