• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Norway to ban Saudi financing

Clanrickard

eoghanacht

Yeah, have to agree.

Anyone wanting to see violent Islam dealt with in a lasting way has to tackle the Saudi's, the main sponsor of whabism.
Instead of spending millions bombing remote mountainn training centre, nip their funding at the source.

Ofcourse, i doubt the norwegians will get their way.

Hewson

Grumpy Jack

Call me cynical but would the Norwegians do this if they weren't swimming in North Sea oil?

Olaf better hope it doesn't run out soon.

Meanwhile, we should wait til the crude starts flowing from the Porcupine Basin into Fenit before we extend a big F U to the Saudis.

Glucose

Saudi-Arabia vil bygge moskeer i Norge - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

Norway has said that because of restrictions on freedom of religion in Saudi Arabia Norway will not allow it to fund Mosques in Norway and they will raise the issue with the council of Europe. A welcome development.
Well done to the great nation of Norway.

Not gagged by the EU.

Free to decide over its affairs.

A very welcome rebuttal of Saudi Arabia's policy of funding mosques in Europe, while at the same time denying religious freedom in its own country.

Wait for the far lefties to label Norway as a far right regime when in fact Norway is a tolerant progressive society that is trying to preserve its liberal culture.

ocoonassa

The Sauds shouldn't be allowed to put up any madrassas or churches in Ireland either IMO.

A Saudi school for Dublin? - The Irish Times - Sat, Dec 12, 2009

Also whilst we're on this topic, halal and kosher slaughter are in breach of European animal welfare standards. They should be outlawed immediately. People are entirely free not to eat meat should they find that the only available variety is prohibited by their fables.

ocoonassa

Meanwhile, we should wait til the crude starts flowing from the Porcupine Basin into Fenit before we extend a big F U to the Saudis.
No. We should do what is proper and keep our dignity and honour intact.

Clanrickard

Also whilst we're on this topic, halal and kosher slaughter are in breach of European animal welfare standards. They should be outlawed immediately..
Good call.

Grumpy Jack

No. We should do what is proper and keep our dignity and honour intact.
And our cars, buses and trucks in garages, trains in sidings and aircraft in hangars.

Ever heard of the 1973 oil crisis?

Ireland is in no position to giving anyone the finger right now. It's called realpolitik.

Clanrickard

And our cars, buses and trucks in garages, trains in sidings and aircraft in hangars.

Ireland is in no position to giving anyone the finger right now. It's called realpolitik.
There are other countries to get oil from you know.

Hewson

Also whilst we're on this topic, halal and kosher slaughter are in breach of European animal welfare standards. They should be outlawed immediately. People are entirely free not to eat meat should they find that the only available variety is prohibited by their fables.
You've got that dead right.

ocoonassa

Realpolitik can suck my balls if you'll forgive me for saying so. I'm a human not a monkey. Dignity and honour is important. Practically all that makes me human and sets me apart from an animal.

The Venezuelans, Nigerians or some of many other people will sell me oil. All the oil in the world is not in Saudi.

Libero

Grumpy Jack

Realpolitik can suck my balls if you'll forgive me for saying so. I'm a human not a monkey. Dignity and honour is important. Practically all that makes me human and sets me apart from an animal.

The Venezuelans, Nigerians or some of many other people will sell me oil. All the oil in the world is not in Saudi.
So while it appals you to get oil off the Saudis, you're quite happy to take it off other oppressive regimes.

You forgot to mention those other paragons of democracy and tolerance - Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, the UAE and Algeria.

Or why not just do an oil for passports swap with the Russians?

What a childish little hypocrite you are.

Dignity and honour are all fine and dandy but they're f**k all use for heating your home, running your car or producing electricity, so without oil you won't be too long going from human back to monkey.

It's just a good thing you're only a pathetic little internet nob jockey who won't get to make such decisions so you can safely rant away while the grown ups take the realpolitik decisions that keep you warm and in food.

Now go off and grow up and come back when you've come into the real world instead of some trot fantasy utopia.

Last edited:

Roll_On

Good, I hope that in the future we're able to turn our nose up to Saudi Oil. Their regime shouldn't be tolerated by the west but unfortunately they fuel our democratic republics.

Grumpy Jack

Good, I hope that in the future we're able to turn our nose up to Saudi Oil. Their regime shouldn't be tolerated by the west but unfortunately they fuel our democratic republics.
Indeed. A harsh reality but one we have to live with.

Many of the alternatives sources of oil are equally as repugnant as the Saudis but beggers can't be choosers.

And last time I looked little ole Ireland was the one sitting holding a very large begging bowl.

ocoonassa

So while it appals you to get oil off the Saudis, you're quite happy to take it off other oppressive regimes.

You forgot to mention those other paragons of democracy and tolerance - Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, the UAE and Algeria.

Or why not just do an oil for passports swap with the Russians?

What a childish little hypocrite you are.

Rather I would say that the honour of being a childish hypocrite rests firmly with yourself if you can so easily resort to childish name calling when your vacant arguments are blown out of the water.

The most evil people selling oil on the planet are the Theocratic Monarchy called Sauds. There is nothing at all hypocritical in buying oil from people less distasteful than them.

Dignity and honour are all fine and dandy but they're f**k all use for heating your home, running your car or producing electricity, so without oil you won't be too long going from human back to monkey.
It appears many have failed to make the transition the other way in the first place. As I say. There are other people on the planet who sell oil. Your ranting here is entirely redundant. Dignity and honour are still integral to both humanity and my argument.

It's just a good thing you're only a pathetic little internet nob jockey who won't get to make such decisions so you can safely rant away while the grown ups take the realpolitik decisions that keep you warm and in food.

Now go off and grow up and come back when you've come into the real world instead of some trot fantasy utopia.
lol I think other people will decide easy enough who the internet nob jockey is here.

Your 'grown ups' are a joke, look at the mess they have made of everything with their 'realpolitik' Neither my warmth or food, nor anybody else's either are dependant on buying oil from Saudi.

The only reason that this little nugget of delusion that you have swallowed gets passed around is on behalf of the well being of the colony in Israel. That you are too simple minded to appreciate that fact doesn't shock me.

Roll_On

No, it's called cowardice.
that's a bit of an extreme statement. At the moment there's nothing we can do, we are oil dependent, Norway is not, they can afford to turn their nose up to Saudi. Hopefully in the future, we can dot the same, but at present it just isn't a viable option.