Not 'Not Paddy Kelly's car' seized by bailiffs at request of ACC

constitutionus

Thing is that he would (a) need some records of the transaction in which the wife got ownership of the car and (b) did she declare it?

should be easily sorted with the log book.

well Paddy, it's all just part of "the game" so not to worry, eh? sure you've got your bus pass at this stage?

i for one applaud ACC Bank for taking care of business.

mind the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves...

He3

Another corner turned on the road to recovery.

Mar Tweedy

Another corner turned on the road to recovery.
Lol!

If the missus bought it with her own money she'd be right to be raging though.

Apart from the family home I don't understand how assets accrued through profits can be hidden in a marriage when the debts have to be paid. She may well have bought it independently but if not, I don't see why it souls be protected necessarily.

DCon

He (or She I guess) got the car back

PROPERTY DEVELOPER Paddy Kelly was reunited yesterday with the 7 series BMW which was taken from his Donnybrook home by bailiffs on Thursday.

According to Mr Kelly, a representative for the sheriff returned the car, which belongs to his wife Maureen, early yesterday afternoon. Mr Kelly said the driver of the car apologised to Ms Kelly on behalf of the sheriff after Mr Kelly suggested it would be appropriate to do so.

On Thursday, bailiffs acting on foot of a warrant to the Dublin City Sheriff’s Office initiated by ACC seized the seven-year-old saloon car. ACCBank has a series of judgments against Mr Kelly. In April the bank obtained a judgment against Mr Kelly and his sons for €16.9 million in respect of development loans.

Both ACC and the Dublin City Sheriff declined to comment.

Mr Kelly told The Irish Times he had never owned the car and that the authorities had documents indicating this. He is taking legal advice on the matter. “ACC engaged in an isolated action which was not well-judged,” he said. “However, we don’t hold a grudge.”
Bailiffs return seized luxury car to property developer - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 07, 2010

FakeViking

Steal a loaf of white sliced from the local Dunne's, go to jail.

Run up gambling debts of €350 million in the property game (i.e. conning young families into paying most of their income for much of their life for shoddy shoeboxes), never mind, the Galway Tent insurance policy will kick in.

Abacus

Couldn't agree more. When he first started writing those articles the Tribune put in a footnote with a disclaimer of sorts, saying who he was, what he did and that he owed significant amounts to Anglo. The past few weeks that footnote has been missing and it almost comes across as an Editorial piece. I was suprised at the Tribune allowing him to write such horsesh1te.

Oh, Annie.....you may be one century plus but you are as sharp as ever.
I had actually overlooked the removal of the
disclaimer...."well spotted" as Joe Duffy would say.

CookieMonster

You know, I'm generally the one who defends the generic "developer". because without them we'd not have much the development that was needed back in the 90s... but then it got out of hand, and I still lay most of the blame of rezoning addicted county councilors, but anyway.

I have time for those who were in that business and took their downfall and being just part of the business. Sometimes you fail and that's that. It's slimey scumbags like this guy who really deserve to be knocked from their self granted pedestal fast and hard.

Smug git.

People use the term 'knacker' usually to describe people who are poorer and anti social. i often find it is a term that grates on me. this time i think it is appropriate. the photo on the front page of today's irish times is a photo one of the of the biggest 'knackers' in ireland...

FakeViking

Agreed. It's one thing arguing with the bank that the car belongs to his wife (her other, other car), but to pose for a photo is a real smack in the face for anyone who has had their property siezed by the bailiffs.

Abacus

You know, I'm generally the one who defends the generic "developer". because without them we'd not have much the development that was needed back in the 90s... but then it got out of hand, and I still lay most of the blame of rezoning addicted county councilors, but anyway.

I have time for those who were in that business and took their downfall and being just part of the business. Sometimes you fail and that's that. It's slimey scumbags like this guy who really deserve to be knocked from their self granted pedestal fast and hard.

Smug git.
Cookie......I could subscribe to a lot of that. Ironic truth and all that.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies