• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Not 'Not Paddy Kelly's car' seized by bailiffs at request of ACC

EvotingMachine0197

So his wife owns the Merc Coupe and the Beamer ? How amazingly convenient.

He must own something. A tennis racket or a wheelbarrow or something.

I suppose the missus owns the house too ....

He3

Gandhi said to own two shirts was theft. One was the limit as long as others had none.

Is Kelly our Gandhi?

Last edited:

EvotingMachine0197

Gandhi said to own two shirts was theft. One was the limit as long as others had none.

Is Kelly our Gandhi?
Well, if Kelly were our Gandhi, what would that make his Missus ? She's the one with the collection of German cars. All she needs now is an Audi A8 or something ..

DCon

So his wife owns the Merc Coupe and the Beamer ? How amazingly convenient.

He must own something. A tennis racket or a wheelbarrow or something.

I suppose the missus owns the house too ....
I wonder where the wife got all teh cash to buy the assets.

I would love to see all these asset rich wives start divorce proceedings. I wonder would the husbands cede posession as happily then...

Maximus Cynicus

PROPERTY DEVELOPER Paddy Kelly was reunited yesterday with the 7 series BMW which was taken from his Donnybrook home by bailiffs on Thursday.

According to Mr Kelly, a representative for the sheriff returned the car, which belongs to his wife Maureen, early yesterday afternoon. Mr Kelly said the driver of the car apologised to Ms Kelly on behalf of the sheriff after Mr Kelly suggested it would be appropriate to do so.

I do hope Mr. Kelly responded reciprocally in apologising for the 16.9million owed to creditors also. Decent skin that he is; after all, wouldn't it be "appropriate" to do so?

On Thursday, bailiffs acting on foot of a warrant to the Dublin City Sheriff’s Office initiated by ACC seized the seven-year-old saloon car. ACCBank has a series of judgments against Mr Kelly. In April the bank obtained a judgment against Mr Kelly and his sons for €16.9 million in respect of development loans.

Both ACC and the Dublin City Sheriff declined to comment.

Mr Kelly told The Irish Times he had never owned the car and that the authorities had documents indicating this. He is taking legal advice on the matter. “ACC engaged in an isolated action which was not well-judged,” he said. “However, we don’t hold a grudge.”

I do hope a large award is given to Mr.Kelly for stress, mental anguish or whatever you're havin' yerself. Then it's deducted from the 16.9 million already awarded against him

bokonon

I wonder where the wife got all teh cash to buy the assets.
How does this work anyway?

The wives receive 50% of the husband's earnings on the way up, but do not contribute 50% to the debts on the way down - is that right? If so, it sounds inequitable.

He3

Is Kelly our Gandhi?
Well, if Kelly were our Gandhi, what would that make his Missus ? She's the one with the collection of German cars. All she needs now is an Audi A8 or something ..

Give her time.

Mr K is a recent convert to simple living. She may catch up.

He3

The wives receive 50% of the husband's earnings on the way up, but do not contribute 50% to the debts on the way down - is that right? If so, it sounds inequitable.

Unconditional gifts are unconditional.

An Gilladaker

No problem when your up their with the great and good as the song goes
[QUOTE
[ but the captains of industry won’t let him lose
and still he still drives a car and smokes his big cigar
and still he takes his family on a cruise, he’ll never lose]

songsandstories.net Blog Archive Christy Moore’s Ordinary Man

toughbutfair

why don't we just change the law so we can take the spouses assets?

If the wife profits from the boom she should be liable in the bust.

The law/constitiion is just a piece of paper, we can change it whenever we want.

Akrasia

Steal a loaf of white sliced from the local Dunne's, go to jail.
When was the last time someone in ireland was sent to jail for stealing a loaf of bread?

Iarmhi Gael

You know, I'm generally the one who defends the generic "developer". because without them we'd not have much the development that was needed back in the 90s... but then it got out of hand, and I still lay most of the blame of rezoning addicted county councilors, but anyway.

You don't think alot of the rezoning was done because of brown envelopes then CM?

neutral_lurker

The foreign banks would love to have got the deal that the Irish banks got through NAMA. They weren't offered the deal and they are acting accordingly. Its got nothing to do with the ethos of the given bank. ACC isn't a great white knight. It is simply acting in its own self interest in the face of not being offered entry to NAMA, in the same sense that the Irish banks are acting in their own self interest in the face of being offered entry to NAMA.

Well it just shows what a rip off Nama is - nothing to pat ourselves on the back about.

Seriously how long are we going to take this these people are just laughing in our faces and that picture is beyond offensive given how much money he owes.

johnfás

Well it just shows what a rip off Nama is - nothing to pat ourselves on the back about.

Seriously how long are we going to take this these people are just laughing in our faces and that picture is beyond offensive given how much money he owes.
Not patting anything on a back. Just not going to buy into the nonsense of supporting large banks as being some sort of salvation type figure, as some here wish to do in respect of foreign banks. Just wait until they start throwing families out of homes and then everyone will do a 360 degree turn. I'd rather just not go down the path in the first place. People in Ireland need to stop being so hysterical in their euphoria and their anger. Pretending we're the best in the world one day and the worst the next is simply a schizophrenic way of living.

charley

why don't we just change the law so we can take the spouses assets?

If the wife profits from the boom she should be liable in the bust.

The law/constitiion is just a piece of paper, we can change it whenever we want.
would require a referendum which would never pass

DCon

would require a referendum which would never pass
would never be proposed you mean.

Forty Gaffs, Callely etc etc would hardly want it

charley

would never be proposed you mean.

Forty Gaffs, Callely etc etc would hardly want it
same difference TBF seems to be under the impression that you can tippex out parts of the consitution when the need arises.

DCon

same difference TBF seems to be under the impression that you can tippex out parts of the consitution when the need arises.
Where in the constitution does it guarantee people the right to split proceeds but not obligations with their partners?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies