Not quite sure what to make of this one...

blokesbloke

A French town is going to name a street "Rue de Brexit" by its Front National mayor, in tribute to "pay tribute to the sovereign British people".

However apparently the road is in an ugly industrial zone and is circular, going nowhere in particular!

French town to get 'Brexit street' to pay 'tribute to the sovereign British people' says Front National mayor

Is this a back-handed compliment or a sly Gallic sting?

I mean I am a Brexiteer, and the mayor is rather cute if a little young and boyish-looking for me, but still... all seems very odd.

mac tíre

Windup, surely.

Though, do they mean Brexit Street in French or just broken English - "Ze British will rue de Brexit"? :p

derryman

A French town is going to name a street "Rue de Brexit" by its Front National mayor, in tribute to "pay tribute to the sovereign British people".

However apparently the road is in an ugly industrial zone and is circular, going nowhere in particular!

French town to get 'Brexit street' to pay 'tribute to the sovereign British people' says Front National mayor

I mean I am a Brexiteer, and the mayor is rather cute if a little young and boyish-looking for me, but still... all seems very odd.
I think they are taking the mickey.

between the bridges

Moithinks thon Frenchiez know their onions...

shiel

It does not matter a ************************e what they mean by naming a street Brexit.

There will be much more serious issues arsing by this time next year.

blokesbloke

It does not matter a ************************e what they mean by naming a street Brexit.

There will be much more serious issues arsing by this time next year.
Oh fúck off you tedious tool.

This is a light-hearted thread while we're all still digesting leftover turkey.

Nobody's forcing you to read it or post on it.

stopdoingstuff

We know you shave you shave down there. There is is no point in denying it.

shiel

Sorry to be serious.

But there is nothing light hearted about Brexit as all of us will find out to our cost long before next year's turkey.

blokesbloke

Sorry to be serious.

But there is nothing light hearted about Brexit as all of us will find out to our cost long before next year's turkey.
Sorry if I overreacted Shiel but really, you'd try the patience of a saint.

Allow a little levity into your life, man!

Truth.ie

Sorry to be serious.

God I cant wait till we start the Irexit referendum.

Truth.ie

Do you really think that'll ever happen?

I can't see it meself...
Given the Establishment's total disdain for EU based referendums in this country you might be right.
We might have one when the whole project collapses and it's just Romania and Lithuania left.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
A bit pre-mature in Rots opinion ( not blokesblokes possible interest in the mayor!:shock:) should be provisionally named Rue le Brexit means Brexit!:rolleyes:

GDPR

Nearly all our French friends are Front National voters and/or members and they all celebrated wildly (as did I) the glorious victory at the referendum. Don't believe the lies of the mainstream media; the FN has more in common with Fianna Fail in its glory days than it does with National Action or Combat 18. My reckoning would be that they were being completely sincere. As a UK citizen who voted for Brexit I find it a touching gesture.

mac tíre

We're not allowed to have fun on p.ie anymore.

And they say us Irish are the best of craic. :roll:

New Threads

Most Replies