Not quite sure what to make of this one...

firefly123

Nearly all our French friends are Front National voters and/or members and they all celebrated wildly (as did I) the glorious victory at the referendum. Don't believe the lies of the mainstream media; the FN has more in common with Fianna Fail in its glory days than it does with National Action or Combat 18. My reckoning would be that they were being completely sincere. As a UK citizen who voted for Brexit I find it a touching gesture.
I think I'd prefer the combat 18 lads than fianna fail in its glory days. Less destructive

Truth.ie

The Uk survived very unhappily pre-EU. It survived, but just about and was severely dysfunctional. It would be ridiculous to say that it may have been saved by the EEC/EU, but it was certainly in a bad way. The collapse of the empire is sort of, well, an historical fact. It has scrabbled along its way since. What you are doing is is describing the new reality as the desired outcome. That will always be a winning position. Ex post facto, though, can only ever be a justification for past errors and not a rationale for forward planning.
The period under the EU was the first period EVER when working Brits were worse off than their parents generation.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/18/millennials-earn-8000-pounds-less-in-their-20s-than-predecessors

Blokesbloke

So that's what caught BB's eye! :p
Cheeky wee rip!

Quite the opposite actually. When I was 15 I fancied men in their 40s and 50s and I still do.

Only issue is as I get older I say I like "older men" and realise that soon I will be talking about men my age and can no longer use the expression "older"!

GDPR

The Uk survived very unhappily pre-EU. It survived, but just about and was severely dysfunctional. It would be ridiculous to say that it may have been saved by the EEC/EU, but it was certainly in a bad way. The collapse of the empire is sort of, well, an historical fact. It has scrabbled along its way since. What you are doing is is describing the new reality as the desired outcome. That will always be a winning position. Ex post facto, though, can only ever be a justification for past errors and not a rationale for forward planning.
Life in this fallen world is severely dysfunctional but the problems it has faced (not all down to hitching up with Brussels by any means) since 1973 have been greater than those it faced in the 1960s and for most of 1950s. The Empire was long before my time and I came around at about 16 to thinking the "Little Englander" position that it was a mistake in the first place was the correct one. The idea that membership of the EEC, than EC, than EU and devil knows what title is next helped the UK avoid some disaster is silly. France had an Empire that she lost to- did that mean she desperately needed and needs the EU and would have been a wreck without it?

Truth.ie

Cheeky wee rip!

Quite the opposite actually. When I was 15 I fancied men in their 40s and 50s and I still do.

Only issue is as I get older I say I like "older men" and realise that soon I will be talking about men my age and can no longer use the expression "older"!
So, as a teenager in the 80's you probably found Frank Bough, Patrick Moore, Tommy from Cannon and Ball, Nicholas Parsons and Robert Kilroy Silk as total w@nk material.
Did you never consider electric shock therapy?
;)

between the bridges

So, as a teenager in the 80's you probably found Frank Bough, Patrick Moore, Tommy from Cannon and Ball, Nicholas Parsons and Robert Kilroy Silk as total w@nk material.

Did you never consider electric shock therapy?
;)
Why? does it improve the ************************...

between the bridges

Ffs wan k is a banned word on p.ie!! Wan kers...

O

Oscurito

Are you supposed to pronounce the 't' at the end of Brexit?

En Français, je veux dire.

Lord Talbot

EDIT wrong thread, p.ie bugs sometimes when you sign in, sends you to a different thread.

sort it out p.ie

Last edited:

GDPR

Ireland will only unite when we transcend nationalism and unionism and forge a common Irish identity which doesn't depend on religious tribalism or political dogma.
What does that have to do with this thread? You are stuck in the 1980s and 90s lad. A Southern relic from the Troubles.

O

Oscurito

EDIT wrong thread, p.ie bugs sometimes when you sign in, sends you to a different thread.

sort it out p.ie
Nonsense. You're flootered right up to the eyeballs on the fíon dorcha but you don't want to admit it.

NEVER EVER DRINK AND POST.

Felixness

Sorry to be serious.

But there is nothing light hearted about Brexit as all of us will find out to our cost long before next year's turkey.
I hope someone got you a set of rosary beads to occupy your fingers during all that hand wringing. petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies