Not such a "wee country" today...

jackbetal

Given that they're both apparently Northern Irish Unionists
McDowell is more apolitical which is probably because he is the result of a mixed religion marriage whilst McIlroy is just a kid who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. A young Catholic who is flying what he believes to be a flag representing his area of Ireland but is really more akin to a terrorist flag.

Schomberg

Yep, plenty of pics across all of the papers with the five lads and the two flags, Schom lets on he didn't see that one ofcourse as the wink denotes above.

How crap life must be for him trying to turn a great victory like this into a point scoring exercise on an internet forum.

Well done to all the Irish players, southern and northern alike.
Gawd! Eoin...yer such a flippin old predicatble bore. :lol:

here's the tri colour pic I found after searching a bit...happy now?

eyeSpy

Well done NI. Ye've great success in producing handy golfballers.
Well done Padraig also.
And well done Europe, wherever that is?

What's funny to me is how these golfballers are blown away by the camaraderie of the event.
Welcome to team sports you loners!!!

It is nice though to see people, one of whom won 10m American Currency Units the previous weekend, take such an event to heart.

Verhofstadt

Website
To reiterate the opening post.. well done to McDowell and McIlroy on brilliant performances yesterday.. great golf and a great day to be European... together we are stronger... I love all that.

Garza

Anyway, back to golf.

G-Mac has become favourite to win the BBC Sport's Personality of the Year award, I for one will be voting for him. US Open Champion and vital Ryder Cup point, what a year for him!!

Ah Well

And good luck to Rory as he represents his beloved Team GB in the London Olympics...NOT
That won't be happening because Golf is not one of the Sports events in the 2012 London Olympics. It will be for the 2016 Olympics in Brazil

fluffykontbiscuits

Most real Protestants disagree.

Study it for yourself.

It is a Gnostic cult that uses Christian symbolism to represent Osiris, the Egyptian God. Not Christ.
Bit naive are we? You know the tooth fairy doesnt exist either....

Well look getting back on topic, well done to all. Was discussing it in the office, he could be in line for BBC sports personality of the year deserves it. Would like to see who he goes up against

corelli

[MOD\Just by way of information. I would advise those posting on the NI forum to check Dave's Feedback thread on the main page./MOD]

Oppenheimer

Wee enough to need two Italians, Four English men, a Swede, a German, a Spaniard, a Dub and a Scottish captain just to beat one whole nation at golf.

:)
Now, now - they have fifty States to choose from and a pop close to 300 million - the stakes are even when you make it US v Europe in both those regards.

slippy wicket

Well done to all involved, a great result.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I can understand McDowell holding it given he is a Northern Protestant but it's more surprising for McIlroy as a Catholic. I am not being sectarian just stating the facts.

Arracht

I can understand McDowell holding it given he is a Northern Protestant but it's more surprising for McIlroy as a Catholic. I am not being sectarian just stating the facts.
Why surprised? I'm not a golf fan but I think McIlroy stated that he'd play for Team GB in the Olympics rather than Team Ireland, regardless of the church he attends (or doesn't attend as the case may be) nothing he has said seems to suggest that he anything but a unionist.

Would you be equally surprised by a northern Protestant nationalist?

oboe

He's a nice middle class Catholic from Bangor who attended an integrated school. The term 'Castle Catholic' could have been invented for him.

Fair enough - hes entitled to his opinion (or lack there of).

Personally i couldn't care less. He seems like a decent bloke getting well paid for very little - good luck to him

oboe

I am almost certain you are wrong on that. He is from Holywood and went to Sullivan Upper.
I googled Sullivan Upper - it seems to be an integrated school with an Irish saying for its motto

Chrisco

He's a nice middle class Catholic from Bangor who attended an integrated school. The term 'Castle Catholic' could have been invented for him.
Erm... how can 'Castle Catholic' be invented for someone middle-class?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Why surprised? I'm not a golf fan but I think McIlroy stated that he'd play for Team GB in the Olympics rather than Team Ireland, regardless of the church he attends (or doesn't attend as the case may be) nothing he has said seems to suggest that he anything but a unionist.

Would you be equally surprised by a northern Protestant nationalist?
Yes because it is very rare. The only one I know about is Billy Leonard.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom