Not such a "wee country" today...

Scipio

Yes because it is very rare. The only one I know about is Billy Leonard.
I haven't met an NI SF-supporting Protestant yet, but I have met a quite a few Protestant Nationalist SDLP voters (as opposed to tactical voting Unionists).

They are out there.

Cruithnig

I haven't met an NI SF-supporting Protestant yet, but I have met a quite a few Protestant Nationalist SDLP voters (as opposed to tactical voting Unionists).

They are out there.
South Down has a brave few Protestant SDLP voters. Some in North Down too I think.

Arracht

Brian Keenan, Stephen Rea, Ronnie Bunting (deceased), Walter Ellis

all (relatively) well known northern Protestants who have spoken in favour of a united Ireland that I can think of from the top of my head.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
De Valera was a huge Rugby fan but politics kept him from matches.

McGuinness is a cricket Fan.

Strange place Ireland.
Dublin unionist Edward Carson was an enthusiastic hurler in his youth. So you must have been glad to see hurling's Poc Fada ( long shot ) competition taken place on Stormonts grounds last summer for the Edward Carson cup ?

Anyway, no interest in golf whatsoever, big deal about the bastardised Ulster flag been waived for UTV or whatever.

Schomberg

Dublin unionist Edward Carson was an enthusiastic hurler in his youth.
No he wasn't. He was however an enthusiastic hockey player. you'd be better off highlighting Billy Wrights hurling interest..at least that's had cold fact. ;)

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
No he wasn't. He was however an enthusiastic hockey player. you'd be better off highlighting Billy Wrights hurling interest..at least that's had cold fact. ;)
But as Wright found out Crip McWilliams had a deadly shot ;)

bobbysands81

It isn't a 'sectarian emblem', and if anyone's being a bigot, it's your good self.
It's a the "flag" of a "country" that was described as a "Protestant country for a Protestant people" and that was openly hostile to Catholics, how can it NOT be described as sectarian???

Cabbage/Turnip

It's the flag of a group of people with their own identity. That's what it is. A piece of cloth.

Now you, for whatever reason, don't like 'themmuns'. Well, tough. A lot of 'themmuns' don't like you.

'Themmuns' can't stop you from flying the tricolour, and you can't stop 'themmuns' from flying their own flag if that's what they want to do.

Just get over yourself. How old are you? 6?
Story is McDaid was killed because loyalist ob heard of a tricolour been flown so you are speaking nionsense the tri colour cant be flown freely in the north

weepee

The red hand of Ulster flag, stopped being the flag of NI in 1972. Its still flown from certain building and many many lampposts, in the same way barbed wire is used to mark out a farmers field.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom