• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Now confirmed, President Bartlet has FF blood in his veins

GDPR

Martin Sheen, that lovely lovely man, that great Democrat, that marvelous President Bartlet of West Wing fame, confirmed tonight on the Late Late show that which we West Wing lovers always knew, he has indeed FF blood in his veins. Didn't you just know it.

He confirmed that his uncle Micheal Fieland from Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary was a leading figure in the IRA and fought on the anti treaty side, sound man Michael.

Interestingly on his Spanish fathers side his people fought against Franco’s fascist regime, although reading between the lines you could clearly see that the fight was really against blueshirtism and all that FG stood for at that time, that was my impression anyway and he certainly didn't deny it, despite not being asked, several times.

I hope this information was helpful to you.
It might not be funny, but it certainly made me smile.

Welcome home Martin.

'orebel

Bit silly blaming his ridiculous outlook on his genes, innit?

Eire1976

Martin Sheen, that lovely lovely man, that great Democrat, that marvelous President Bartlet of West Wing fame, confirmed tonight on the Late Late show that which we West Wing lovers always knew, he has indeed FF blood in his veins. Didn't you just know it.

He confirmed that his uncle Micheal Fieland from Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary was a leading figure in the IRA and fought on the anti treaty side, sound man Michael.

Interestingly on his Spanish fathers side his people fought against Franco’s fascist regime, although reading between the lines you could clearly see that the fight was really against blueshirtism and all that FG stood for at that time, that was my impression anyway and he certainly didn't deny it, despite not being asked, several times.

Welcome home Martin.
Good to know that his lineage isn't from stock that sold Ireland down the river so that farmers could make a few quid selling beef to Britain, while murdering their own in a war they weren't prepared to have with the British.

carlovian

Welcome home Martin.
I assume youll also share his endorsement of Michael d as president.

He said we were lucky to have him.

Shows the importance of a timely tweet.

carruthers

Welcome home Martin.
The anti treaty side fought? That is news indeed. Thanks.

Marcos the black

That's not blood, that's snake oil.

GDPR

I assume youll also share his endorsement of Michael d as president.

He said we were lucky to have him.

Shows the importance of a timely tweet.
Nothing wrong with MickeyD that a good haircut couldn't fix.

He said nothing on the tweet, like SG he concentrated only on the positive. It would be my guess, admittedly only a guess, but that as he hasn't an underhanded bone in his body, he wouldn't have approved of the tweet.

Welcome home Martin.
Sure so do I - both grandfathers founder members, one an IRA man both anti-British and anti-Treaty. I'm even distantly related to the Lenihans.

So FF blood doesn't necessarily mean much!

Franzoni

Welcome home Martin.
Yep Mr Sheen had his own episode of... 'Who do think you are..?'...fascinating stuff....also a pacifist and a strong supporter of social justice not to mention an excellent actor......

Hitch 22

Welcome home Martin.
His uncle was Michael PHELAN you fool.

Sheen who took his name from the Catholic televangelist Archbishop Fulton Sheen was steeped in the Democrat Party.
Irish Democrats in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century were immigrants who had been involved in the Irish Parliamentary Party. The same party machine that brought Parnell to power in Ireland was later then engine of Irish American political success in the US especially the Kennedy Dynasty.
When Sinn Fein swept the IPP out of their seats in 1918 all that happened in many cases was IPP branches simply became Sinn Fein branches overnight.
Later they switched allegiance to Fianna Fail.
Therefore Fianna Fail had strong support in the US from the Irish Democrats and that has been the case ever since.
So no surprise that Sheen would identify with FF.

GDPR

Sure so do I - both grandfathers founder members, one an IRA man both anti-British and anti-Treaty. I'm even distantly related to the Lenihans.

So FF blood doesn't necessarily mean much!
Don't speak of yourself so. I'm sure there are lots of good things to be said for you, you're made of the right stuff too.

Marcos the black

FF never had any shortage of donors in America - their fundraisers were made a fortune for them.

Pity a fair chunk of it never actually made it into the FF coffers back home....
Ah, come on now. No need to drag Dev into this ;)

GDPR

FF never had any shortage of donors in America - their fundraisers were made a fortune for them.

Pity a fair chunk of it never actually made it into the FF coffers back home....
It did the job it was intended to do.

Sorted the Indo and the Times of the day nicely.

I like President Bartlet, a fine man, a fine actor and would have made a fine politician and really good to know where his heart is.

GDPR

Yep Mr Sheen had his own episode of... 'Who do think you are..?'...fascinating stuff....also a pacifist and a strong supporter of social justice not to mention an excellent actor......
All of the above, it's in the blood you see.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies