Now is the time to act on Climate change aka Glowbull Warming. We can start on Monday 5th March, 2018.

valamhic

Now is the time to act on Climate change aka Glowbull Warming. We can start on Monday 5th March, 2018.

During the 2nd world war, German aerial bombers used the lights from street lighting, industries and homes as a targets for their devastating bomb drops. Strict laws were introduced by the British Government to prevent citizens accidentally pinpointing themselves, their homes and their neighbours to to enemy. The police were used to police it, but a special corps of “semi civilian” supervisors were deployed. --Glimmer Men--- You may have seen them in the comedy series “Dad’s Army”. Penalties were imposed on persistent offenders, but the Glimmer Men were normally obeyed and many lives were saved as a result. The military used to switch on decoy lights in open spaces to deceive the enemy.

This week in Ireland, there is a red alert weather warning. Global warming has resulted in the “Beast from the East”. Storm Emma All the warm air is gone to the North Pole and Arctic winds are sweeping in across Europe reaching Britain and Ireland. Great work is being done in keeping people off the roads and most people are stocked up with food. Minor roads in my ares are blocked with 6 feet of blizzards.

However, sales of fossil fuel, coal, turf, peat briquettes, wood, gas and electricity for heating are well up.. The IPCC, the EU government and the Irish Government all tell us that burning this fuel will cause more icy conditions due to glowbull warming. It must be stopped and there must be a transition to solar panels to heat homes. We can import wood chips from the USA as recommended by RTE programmer ECO Eye.

I propose an immediate ban on all forms of fossil fuel for home heating. Limited amounts of electricity to be allowed provided the wind is blowing the turbines round. I also propose the appointment of a special force to police it (like the Glimmer Men). Patróil Breosla Iontaise. They would be given jobs for life with 2 million euros worth of pensions plus a bonus for ever person they prosecute. Powers of seizure of stores of fossil fuel to be granted. In this way Ireland can punch above its weight in combating climate change.

Exemptions will have to be made for government buildings, celebrities, winners of acting awards and RTE.

There is no time to lose, lets begin next Monday the 5th March, 2018.

Roll_On

It must be boring, snowed in and all, but really that's no excuse for you to go at the sniffing glue again.

CookieMonster

*slow clap*

Analyzer

Glowbull Warming

That is a very good term.

Al Gore will be around in his massive SUV at any moment to set the record straight.

He just has to leave his massive house first.

valamhic

Glowbull Warming

That is a very good term.

Al Gore will be around in his massive SUV at any moment to set the record straight.

He just has to leave his massive house first.
We have a target of a fossil fuel free Ireland in a few years time, why not make a move now? There are thousands of tons of fuel being burned right now. It will cause runaway warming in the Sahara and more of this cold weather here in Ireland. Its time for responsible government.

valamhic

It must be boring, snowed in and all, but really that's no excuse for you to go at the sniffing glue again.
I am not snowed in, I use the tractor to get provisions. However some people are snowed in with drifts and some of them have SUVs.

I thought I would get a better response especially when I proposed exemptions for the great and the good.

valamhic

Gawd!

Are ye reading Finnegan's Wake now?
Why does nobody take me serious. I see smoke from every chimney.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-renewed-importance-of-pope-franciss-encyclical-on-climate-change

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/magazine/coldweather-theory-of-witchcraft-the.html

Pope Innocent declared the medieval ice age was due to witchcraft. 1,500 were burned alive to try fix the weather. There is a woman living alone in a Townland near me and I suspect she is casting spells. This is where the climate police would come in handy. They could be interrogated and charged if found burning coal

Last edited:

CatullusV

The wardens in the UK who monitored darkness were entirely different from the glimmer men, who monitored gas usage in Ireland during WWII - this included gas usage during the day. Your thread starts with a gross factual error.

valamhic

The wardens in the UK who monitored darkness were entirely different from the glimmer men, who monitored gas usage in Ireland during WWII - this included gas usage during the day. Your thread starts with a gross factual error.
Funny enough I noticed that there was noting on Wikipedia on British Glimmer Men. But it was just as a familiar example. The main issue is not what is historically accurate but what we can do to stop Global Warning. It obviously means stopping the burning of fossil fuel for good and that can't be done without servere penalties and climate police. Interviews could be carried out by Eamonn Ryan and Catherine Martin TDs of the Green Party to make sure the Glimmer Men/Wardens or whatever were made of the right stuff.

CookieMonster

*shocked*

CatullusV

Funny enough I noticed that there was noting on Wikipedia on British Glimmer Men. But it was just as a familiar example. The main issue is not what is historically accurate but what we can do to stop Global Warning. It obviously means stopping the burning of fossil fuel for good and that can't be done without servere penalties and climate police. Interviews could be carried out by Eamonn Ryan and Catherine Martin TDs of the Green Party to make sure the Glimmer Men/Wardens or whatever were made of the right stuff.
When you base case on errors from the outset your credibility goes down the toilet. If history - or your personal version of it - is not relevant then why the hell did you raise your version of it?

valamhic

When you base case on errors from the outset your credibility goes down the toilet. If history - or your personal version of it - is not relevant then why the hell did you raise your version of it?
Why is it so vital whether the Glimmer men were in Ireland or England or called wardens?. What if they were called Johnny's like the police are called Bobbys. Surely the point is they ran around making sure the rules were complied with and were effective. There is no time to lose

CatullusV

Why is it so vital whether the Glimmer men were in Ireland or England or called wardens?. What if they were called Johnny's like the police are called Bobbys. Surely the point is they ran around making sure the rules were complied with and were effective. There is no time to lose
You were the one who mentioned them. If you can't cite documented history with any credible degree of accuracy then your ability to project into the future looks suspect.

valamhic

You were the one who mentioned them. If you can't cite documented history with any credible degree of accuracy then your ability to project into the future looks suspect.
These supervisors existed, they can be the model for our new climate police force. The Gardai were based on the RIC which in turn was based on the Peelers. Ireland did not become a republic until 1949, so we were still a British dominion. Why not discuss the subject of preventing climate change?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies