Now this is Barking Mad! - PC sues for Discrimination - which shows PC just gets Madder!

ShoutingIsLeadership

Would you use the same argument for the armed forces?
If you're talking specifically about ground troops, possibly not. I'd need to research what other qualities are valuable in ground troops before being definitive

blinding

then theyll have to make a law that fit people cant be criminals as well.... ;);):)
That could work but......... I detect a flaw....perhaps have ‘ leaner ' sentences for unfit criminals .

Back to the Opening post ; I’d get the dog to run the 10 miles....the dog might then be lighter .

How often are you going to have to carry a dog anyway...You don’t very often see people carrying large dogs...unless somebody is going to be advocating for unfit dogs to join the ‘ Pigs ‘ ( politically incorrect term for police people )

I suppose shooting criminals from the get go would be a bit extreme for most . How come no one has invented the ‘ Knock them into contention ( happiness ) Gun “ .....probably too many volunteers wanting to be shot with that gun .

The laws of Unfor-seen consequences are very hard to predict ‘especially about he future ‘ ( to paraphrase ) .

Why can’t we all just get along . Criminals ; Who needs em ? ...what are they good for ?

Vega1447

If you're talking specifically about ground troops, possibly not. I'd need to research what other qualities are valuable in ground troops before being definitive
The ability to be very unpleasant to other people, irrespective of their wishes, would I expect be crucial.

In this narrow and bleak area of human activity, not many men and very few women get to "play",

Mercurial

If the dog can weigh up to X kg and could need to be carried Y km, then I don't see how being able to carry the dog that weighs X kg Y km isn't an essential part of the job.
How would one go about figuring out the minimum distance that one would need to be able to carry a dog for a test like this?

Mercurial

If there's a physical job to do then everyone employed to take on that job has to be able to do it, otherwise they themselves become an extra liability and possibly danger for everyone else involved.
A principle that is entirely consistent with this ruling.

The police weren't required to change the test because fewer women were passing it - they were required to change the test because they weren't able to justify it.

The legal principle at work here is that if you are a member of a protected class (women being one such class) and if a test tends to disadvantage members of that class (as a very physically demanding test would tend to do in the case of women), then those who set the test are under an obligation to either (1) Justify the test in question, or (2) change the test.

If the police had been able to show the judge that the test was necessary to establish whether someone was up to the task of doing the job (as opposed to one that was unnecessarily tough), then they wouldn't have been asked to change it.

Unfortunately, these facts don't tend to get mentioned in the newspaper reporting of the case. Instead, the reports misleadingly suggest only that the tests had to be changed because not enough women were passing them.

EUrJokingMeRight

Men can't complain. We continue to suffer and put up with the most appalling, vicious, and aggressive female management.
If we're not prepared to organise and take action against (little blonde whore) HR and make them justify their appointments then we deserve everything we get.

It's like the Indians Shi*tting, ars*e naked, from a great height on mankind.
Of course we can. I repeatedly tell idiots that their 'entitled' requests are not being granted. Men and Women have idiots in their ranks and these morons get equally short shrift.

Also if you have a problem with someone get evidence, video evidence. Wear a Cam/mic. Have your irrefutable evidence then take action. Appeal any decision against you to the highest point in the chain and only then act. Usually they'll recruit some 'witnesses' to say they never acted/said what they did in that situation and then WHAMMO, video evidence. Them and their witnesses are not only lying toerags but they're conspiring against a fellow human/colleague to cause them hardship and loss etc.

Gross misconduct. See ya later.

Last edited:

Dedogs

I find it hard to believe that if a woman could carry the dog only 80 yards, that it would endanger anybody. Maybe provide a lighter dog?

somethin like thats really goin to frighten the ************************e out of the crims.... ;););)

Dedogs

That could work but......... I detect a flaw....perhaps have ‘ leaner ' sentences for unfit criminals .

Back to the Opening post ; I’d get the dog to run the 10 miles....the dog might then be lighter .

How often are you going to have to carry a dog anyway...You don’t very often see people carrying large dogs...unless somebody is going to be advocating for unfit dogs to join the ‘ Pigs ‘ ( politically incorrect term for police people )

I suppose shooting criminals from the get go would be a bit extreme for most . How come no one has invented the ‘ Knock them into contention ( happiness ) Gun “ .....probably too many volunteers wanting to be shot with that gun .

The laws of Unfor-seen consequences are very hard to predict ‘especially about he future ‘ ( to paraphrase ) .

Why can’t we all just get along . Criminals ; Who needs em ? ...what are they good for ?
did you ever see road wars on the telly atall mate???? if theres glass or if the dog has to be got over fences they have to be carried....

The_SR

A principle that is entirely consistent with this ruling.

The police weren't required to change the test because fewer women were passing it - they were required to change the test because they weren't able to justify it.

The legal principle at work here is that if you are a member of a protected class (women being one such class) and if a test tends to disadvantage members of that class (as a very physically demanding test would tend to do in the case of women), then those who set the test are under an obligation to either (1) Justify the test in question, or (2) change the test.

If the police had been able to show the judge that the test was necessary to establish whether someone was up to the task of doing the job (as opposed to one that was unnecessarily tough), then they wouldn't have been asked to change it.

Unfortunately, these facts don't tend to get mentioned in the newspaper reporting of the case. Instead, the reports misleadingly suggest only that the tests had to be changed because not enough women were passing them.
I anecdotally heard a story about the fire brigade up north. Lady failed physical test, challenged the test. Senior officer in the training area was asked by the judge when the last time he had to carry an x weight y distance. Rather than say ' I work in the fireman school, ask a frontline chap' he panicked and said never. Judge said then it was an unnecessary requirement (it isn't apparantly) and it had to go.

New Threads

Top Bottom