NRA to blame for Longford accident

bagel

riven, the roads, if thats what you'd call them, in the west of ireland;
not every road is safe to drive upon, eg accident blackspots, dangerous junctions, subsidence, too narrow, potholes, soft margins, humpback bridges, overhanding tree limbs, excavation, poor road markings, poor signage, flooding/inadequate drainage, poor lighting, inappropriate speed limits, etc;
everyone who passes a driving test has the ability to drive safely but that doesn't guarantee your safety on the road;

HanleyS

jerryp said:
A small degree of sensitivity wouldn't go astray with some of the posters here.
Tell that to the muppets blaming the NRA in statements to the news.

bagel said:
odie1kanobe said:
bagel said:
a coroner's court or district court will in due course apportion blame;
in the meantime, the driver is innocent until proven guilty;
now lets have some compassion please.
Why so the f***withs who were in the car that allowed the kids to be carried un restrained could do so again ?

odie1kanobel Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:50 am
Subject: Stroke Fahey wins a retrial
Everyone is entitled to a fair trial and at this present moment in time he is innocent as he didn't get a fair trial.

you speak out in support of a crooked politician but yet you condemn a grieving mother;
what about her rights to due process?

have a care!
Oh I do for the 2 innocent kids who died because the adults in the car didn't care enough to have them restrained.

6 people were in the car and NONE ensured people were restrained.

I don't want any of the 4 who survived to be in charge of a car or in a car as they were quite willing to be carried knowing there were people without restraint.

OH and for the record my sister was over carrying kids she looked after and smashed into a wall with none restrained and nephew ended up in hopsital for a month. I bollocked her for this and recently as well about why after 25 yrs driving she still doing it on a provisional.

In same spot 3 months ago a guy 2 weeks before birth of 3rd child was killed in similar circumstances, his wife found the crash scene when she went to try and find him, sister got called by pregnant wife of the guy to come and pick up the 2 kids as wife was taken to hosp following her husband to say goodbye.

I have 2 kids and they are restrained or they don't go.

Twin Towers

odie1kanobe said:
In same spot 3 months ago a guy 2 weeks before birth of 3rd child was killed in similar circumstances, his wife found the crash scene when she went to try and find him, sister got called by pregnant wife of the guy to come and pick up the 2 kids as wife was taken to hosp following her husband to say goodbye.
Well if a similar accident happened in the same spot recently even without a fatality and no redesign was implemented then the NRA have to be seriously found wanting. Were rumble strips inserted in the road leading up to the embankment?

Twin Towers said:
odie1kanobe said:
Well if a similar accident happened in the same spot recently even without a fatality and no redesign was implemented then the NRA have to be seriously found wanting. Were rumble strips inserted in the road leading up to the embankment?
The road I'm quoting is not responsibility of NRA I believe as its not a primary route just a secondary one and its councils responsibility though not 100% sure on it.

tunnel vision

The NRA are responsible for national roads, so when a new section of road comes into operation and the former section of national road is now downgraded when do the local authority take over? Does anybody know? I know one road that went from an N road to a R road. Half the old signs were left in place a couple of new ones and many important warning signs became obscured by vegetation. I wondered if somebody was brought up for speeding because it was now a R road (80kph) would the fact that there were still signs saying it was a N road (100kph) be a good defence.
How the local authorities operate on the management of road signage during and after road projects in general seems to me to be very poor. Its no wonder that the Health and Safety Authority is investigating some of their project management.

Cato

The 'lady' in this case has now been sentenced to six years. My factual comments on this case were deleted, but I accepted it then, but would love to have some record of them.

The sentence in this case is a disgrace.

Happily she has lost custody of the children, and both fathers are now doing a far better job than this scum did.

whitewidow67

I dont know the full details and I am appalled at the death of the children, but how on earth does someone crash on an empty road?

Two reasons I can think of:

1. Crap driving.
2. Crap roads.

Irrespective, I would criminally charge the driver if there were children unrestrained in the car.
i joined this forum solely to reply to your comment, I am a family member of both the driver and two of the children that were in the car and you're right you don't know the details, you dont know anything!!! This crash put me through a hell alotta grief and the fact that its up for debate here sickens me, if anyone who posted on this actually reads this then you should be ashamed. how would you feel if it was one of your family members in the crash and everyone was debating about what should be done to the driver .

whitewidow67

The 'lady' in this case has now been sentenced to six years. My factual comments on this case were deleted, but I accepted it then, but would love to have some record of them.

The sentence in this case is a disgrace.

Happily she has lost custody of the children, and both fathers are now doing a far better job than this scum did.
you are nothing but a dirty ************************************g scumbag, who are you to judge you ************************************g ******************************!!!!

Harmonica

I don't know the exact location of this incident so can't comment but there are plenty of badly designed new roads in this country. Remember the NRA used to insist central medians not required for motorways based on 30 year old US research but later on the retro fitting them with wire barriers. Now all new motorways have no central median as just have a concrete barrier. Can they really be trusted?

On the Mitchelstown bypass/relief road the climbing lane ends on the crest of a steep hill with minimal signs. When driving up a steep hill its is very difficult to road markings due to ther angle.

Cato

you are nothing but a dirty ************************************g scumbag, who are you to judge you ************************************g ******************************!!!!
I too also know some of the families involved in this case, but I suspect on a different side. I have also met the 'lady' in question several times and am perfectly capable of forming a judgement about her based on her interaction with the children and her personal behaviour.

PS There really is no need for such uncouth language. Restrain yourself.

whitewidow67

I too also know some of the families involved in this case, but I suspect on a different side. I have also met the 'lady' in question several times and am perfectly capable of forming a judgement about her based on her interaction with the children and her personal behaviour.

PS There really is no need for such uncouth language. Restrain yourself.
so you may have met her, you do not have the right to judge her on this forum, She is family to me and i would appreciate kindly if you would not refer to her as "Scum". Thank you.

Cato

so you may have met her, you do not have the right to judge her on this forum, She is family to me and i would appreciate kindly if you would not refer to her as "Scum". Thank you.
Does the truth hurt?

Cato

New Threads

Most Replies