• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Nudism in ireland

adamirer

Just came across a fascinating website about something, I just simply didn't think was a runner in Ireland - http://www.clubaquarius.ie/ and The Irish Naturist Association

Turns out, and i can't get my head around this due to the glacial weather, there's a budding community here! I recall as a kid peering out the DART the once a year i was on it and seeing people bathing in Dalkey amongst the rocks - but genuinely didn't think it was regular!

So, i guess the question is - we're not shiocked by toplessness or (to a lesser degree) nudism in other countries, what do you think about it in chilly wet old Ireland!

From my pov, i'd prob do it for a tan abroad, but a tan aint very likely here!

zakalwe1

one word (esp true in chilly ireland)....shrinkage

adamirer

Forgot about Tunick last summer. Sounded a bit of craic, til they said 4am by sandymount... shudder... Iveagh gardens would have been far more visually appealing!

FakeViking

Forgot about Tunick last summer. Sounded a bit of craic, til they said 4am by sandymount... shudder... Iveagh gardens would have been far more visually appealing!
It was great craic (until the rain started!). We mooned each ferryboat as they arrived into the port, some of the ships nearly ran aground!

mmrebel

One of the more amusing threads i have come across on P.ie ,but i remember when i was a kid in cork and living by the sea my parents where quite bemused when i told them there was naked people with no clothes on down the beach , my parents said "of course there is son " patted it me on the head and told me to run along.
Till i was in the car later with my father and he nearly got whiplash when he was driving by the beach he turned his head so quick, and saw 6 or 7 naked people on the beach.
You got to remember this was the 80's. Off we went to the station to report what was going on, the elderly garda in charge obviously perplexed got the fright of his life when he saw them.
The garda wanted to go get a priest till common sense prevailed and my old fella went down and asked to them to leave and they did so quietly.
Apart from seeing them down the 40ft on the dart that was my only experience in coming across them but there are plenty of isolated beaches and coves on the cork coastline so beware.:D

A

Amuppet

More than three minutes outdoors in the nude in Ireland in the present weather and I fear my dick would draw up almost to my knee.

adamirer

Did the prints ever come out for that? Anyone else do it in Blarney or Sandymout?

FakeViking

From docklands dev authority:

The Docklands Authority will be sending the limited edition photographs of the Dublin installation by post to all participants the week commencing the 8th June 2009. Each participant will receive one photograph chosen by the artist from the day they participated - either Saturday on the South Wall or Sunday on the Alto Vetro building on Pearse Street

Earnest

Odd how people complain about Ireland being too cold to be naked, but they say nothing about it being too cold to go to the beach, or too cold to swim in the sea. Yes, it is, usually, but people still do it, at least on those scattered days that it is possible. And you won't be colder naked than you are in a swimsuit. In fact, when you come out of the water you'll get warm quicker if you don't have a damp swimsuit on.

adamirer

Odd how people complain about Ireland being too cold to be naked, but they say nothing about it being too cold to go to the beach, or too cold to swim in the sea. Yes, it is, usually, but people still do it, at least on those scattered days that it is possible. And you won't be colder naked than you are in a swimsuit. In fact, when you come out of the water you'll get warm quicker if you don't have a damp swimsuit on.
ermm.. its too cold to go to the beach and too cold to swim, bar like 5 days a year, on the east and suth east coast :) I remember getting into the Atlantic in Donegal (Gaeltacht) as a kid.. took my nuts weeks to recover! Never again! It's much nicer sunbathing in yuor back garden, without the chilly sea breeze and blowing sand.

There ya go!

Phinaeus

I'm all in favour of naturism provided a prohibition on cameras is enforced: in our climate my little dangly bits become virtually invisible.

cropbeye

Nudism

Sure Jackie Healy and Frank Quilter tried to get us our rights at one point.

"Sure the Nudists have loads of money to spend in the Kerry economy"

Captain Con O'Sullivan

I like the idea of naturism. I recall being on a 'beach' (stones, mostly) in Nice with three girls from Belfast I'd met while backpacking down from Paris; The majority of the women on the beach were topless and there wasn't much else left to the imagination.

I'd assumed there'd be somewhere to change into my togs but it was a fairly crowded beach so I just looked around and got my kit off and slipped my swimming shorts on without bothering too much.

There were exclamations of horror from the three girls- who were busy trying to change UNDER BEACH TOWELS!!

The ridiculousness of the situation hit me all of a sudden and I fell about laughing. This was over 25 years ago. If there was a nudist area or beach in Ireland I'd go just for the sheer sake of being able to wander around in the nuddy. Must be quite liberating.

expat girl

I can still remember one poor French girl who tried to go topless in the 80s on a beach near Omey Island. Oh, quelle horreur. "we don't DO that sort of thing here". Probably no one would say anything now

Popular Threads

Most Replies