• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Nudism in ireland

merle haggard

So. Do you think we should allow nude beaches in this country? Would people use them on our few good days?

they are allowed , theres just not a great demand for them . The simple fact is not only is this country too cold its also too damn small . Almost everyone knows everyone else .

My girlfreind has modelled nude in this country for the past number of years , often on its beaches ,and hasnt encountered an ounce of hostility much less any legal problems . Only the odd gawker . And the fact is there are very few models - usually outgoing people -in this country prepared to go nude . Mainly because everyone fecking knows each other .

Unlike in other countries the privacy that goes with anonymity simply doesnt exist to the same extent in Ireland, that may well change in the fuutre but right now we are still quite parochial despite a gloss of cosmoplitanism . Thats why when you do bump into Irish ladies on topless beaches in europe very often as soon as they hear an Irish accent the boobies get covered up .
Spain , France , Portugal and Italy have had exactly the same catholic church but theres flipping squillions of them , so your boobs and stuff remain fairly anonymous when you let them hang out on the beach . Plus theyve got the weather .

Also our skin is not really suited to running about in the buff as we burn too easy .

Last edited:

westernyelp

fluffykontbiscuits said:
Of course we should and enforce rules on them . Have a seperate area fenced off, people pay a euro or two and its over 18's allowed on the beach only. Ensure that the water is of sufficient quality so that there is no risk of infection . If I were the council I would section of an area where people can have sex, private areas away from prying eyes , its about time we were a bit more liberal. Remember all of the people going into these places would be over 18 :)
Intertwining the ideas of sex and nude beaches would give the conservative begrudgers the very ammunition the are looking for. A simple change to the law to allow official naturist places in the republic would suffice. Are there any in the northern Ireland I wonder.

KingCash

they are allowed , theres just not a great demand for them . The simple fact is not only is this country too cold its also too damn small . Almost everyone knows everyone else .

My girlfreind has modelled nude in this country for the past number of years , often on its beaches ,and hasnt encountered an ounce of hostility much less any legal problems . Only the odd gawker . And the fact is there are very few models - usually outgoing people -in this country prepared to go nude . Mainly because everyone fecking knows each other .

Unlike in other countries the privacy that goes with anonymity simply doesnt exist to the same extent in Ireland, that may well change in the fuutre but right now we are still quite parochial despite a gloss of cosmoplitanism . Thats why when you do bump into Irish ladies on topless beaches in europe very often as soon as they hear an Irish accent the boobies get covered up .
Spain , France , Portugal and Italy have had exactly the same catholic church but theres flipping squillions of them , so your boobs and stuff remain fairly anonymous when you let them hang out on the beach . Plus theyve got the weather .

Also our skin is not really suited to running about in the buff as we burn too easy .
That was an enjoyable read. I especially liked the boobie parts.

ellie08

There should be nudist beaches. There must be nothing nicer than stripping off and letting it all hang out!

westernyelp

ellie08 said:
There should be nudist beaches. There must be nothing nicer than stripping off and letting it all hang out!
Head for Mayo the people I met say the never have any bother.

Mr. Bumble

As a keen observer of such things, I can assure you that would very much depend who was letting what hang out.

Sometimes it might be nicer to gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Man or Mouse

A shame to find out the truth of that so late in the day. A friend gave us his apartment in France two years ago for a week and we set off. Knew nothing about the place at all but soon learned a whole lot. The Apt was in teh town of Agde not too far from Beziers. Well it turns out that the beach area there is a totally nude job and the wife was very dubious about it at first. Anyway, we gave it a try and found it to be very pleasant and no-one gives a basic fart and all shapes and sizes are featured. It is divided into two parts, one for your normal sun worshipping naturist and the other is taken over by hordes of "swingers". We ventured over there one night to be greeted by scenes from Caligula to all intent and purpose. The upside came later. :lol:

Cato

You mean you haven't tried it?

ellie08

A shame to find out the truth of that so late in the day. A friend gave us his apartment in France two years ago for a week and we set off. Knew nothing about the place at all but soon learned a whole lot. The Apt was in teh town of Agde not too far from Beziers. Well it turns out that the beach area there is a totally nude job and the wife was very dubious about it at first. Anyway, we gave it a try and found it to be very pleasant and no-one gives a basic fart and all shapes and sizes are featured. It is divided into two parts, one for your normal sun worshipping naturist and the other is taken over by hordes of "swingers". We ventured over there one night to be greeted by scenes from Caligula to all intent and purpose. The upside came later. :lol:
:lol::lol: Nature at it's best.

cropbeye

Nudists

I beleive that over the years that Irealnd has developed a very American

puritaical approach to the human body almost abhored and obsessed at the same time.

I must have been a European in a previous as I seem to have

been born immune from this condition.

underheaven

As a keen observer of such things, I can assure you that would very much depend who was letting what hang out.

Sometimes it might be nicer to gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon.
Totally agree. Over 25 years most people are definitely only for loving eyes.

I find most bodies ,especially of strange men, quite yucky .

The human adult body is not the best part of us ,so it is better covered
in public.
Don't mind in baths where it is practical .On yuck!

And the French are covering up more and more.They have an aesthetic sense which has been pushed to the limit by hoary sights.

Mr. Bumble

Totally agree. Over 25 years most people are definitely only for loving eyes.

I find most bodies ,especially of strange men, quite yucky .

The human adult body is not the best part of us ,so it is better covered
in public.
Don't mind in baths where it is practical .On yuck!

And the French are covering up more and more.They have an aesthetic sense which has been pushed to the limit by hoary sights.
Where and when do you encounter the bodies of strange men?

underheaven

Where and when do you encounter the bodies of strange men?
Well I went on holiday to southern spain several years ago to a kind
of small health colony ?
Sun yoga etc .
Everyone except me ,and I was the best looking, :lol: strippped off around the pool.
Maybe 20 altogether.Well not me.They ,to me looked so ridiculous,
jumping off boards etc
I like discretion,intelligence ,mystery.
But I did say nothing, trying not to laugh.:lol:

ellie08

Well I went on holiday to southern spain several years ago to a kind
of small health colony ?
Sun yoga etc .
Everyone except me ,and I was the best looking, :lol: strippped off around the pool.
Maybe 20 altogether.Well not me.They ,to me looked so ridiculous,
jumping off boards etc
I like discretion,intelligence ,mystery.
But I did say nothing, trying not to laugh.:lol:
Why do you find the naked body so disgusting? Nudism is about freedom. Obviously some people have unfit bodies, and they needn't be over 25 by the way either. Plenty of lardy u25's around. And who cares? I'd say it is very liberating.

fluffykontbiscuits

Ellie is correct . Nudism is all about letting the body breathe,letting it express itself. Michaelangelo's work is admire throughout the world and this is one thing we should be admiring the human body itself. I dont care what a body looks like, fat thin tall short whatever they can be whatever they want.

Just in relation to sex, some people get turned on seeing a naked body why not let them indulge? Conservative Ireland may use this as a stick to beat themselves but they shouold know better,sex is a wonderful thing, its natural to react to a body someone finds beautiful

westernyelp

Anyone know if any of our wonderful political parties have a policy or position on this? It is daft that we are the only country in Europe that doesn't officially allow it. Even if the weather is crap.

Aspherical123

Just came across a fascinating website about something, I just simply didn't think was a runner in Ireland - aquarius home page and The Irish Naturist Association

Turns out, and i can't get my head around this due to the glacial weather, there's a budding community here! I recall as a kid peering out the DART the once a year i was on it and seeing people bathing in Dalkey amongst the rocks - but genuinely didn't think it was regular!

So, i guess the question is - we're not shiocked by toplessness or (to a lesser degree) nudism in other countries, what do you think about it in chilly wet old Ireland!

From my pov, i'd prob do it for a tan abroad, but a tan aint very likely here!

Ive been on beaches in the South of France, inc cap d'agde, Europes largest resort with a girlfriend. Also on studland bay in Dorset which is great.

http://www.capdagdefrance.co.uk/

I love walking around without my kit on, I have a much reason to ;)

I can handle it if a girlfirend is not bi-sexual although its a major plus, but not if shes too prudish to get her kit off, then I would dump her.

My major plus point tick boxes with a girlfirend ARE :

Willing to get her kit off on beaches/resorts, major plus followed by

Bi sexual, major major plus.

Piercings, major plus.

Likes to swing, major, major plus.

All together plus good looking with big breasts.........marriage material.(Had it once in my life for many yrs, it was bliss, if I found it again I would be a lucky man, even better then winning the lottery).

Last edited:

westernyelp

Aspherical123 said:
Ive been on beaches in the South of France, inc cap d'agde, Europes largest resort with a girlfriend. Also on studland bay in Dorset which is great.

http://www.capdagdefrance.co.uk/

I love walking around without my kit on, I have a much reason to ;)

I can handle it if a girlfirend is not bi-sexual although its a major plus, but not if shes too prudish to get her kit off, then I would dump her.

My major plus point tick boxes with a girlfirend ARE :

Willing to get her kit off on beaches/resorts, major plus followed by

Bi sexual, major major plus.

Piercings, major plus.

Likes to swing, major, major plus.

All together plus good looking with big breasts.........marriage material.(Had it once in my life for many yrs, it was bliss, if I found it again I would be a lucky man, even better then winning the lottery).
I think you mistook this thread for a swingers dating site

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies