• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Number Four, Jonathan Doing NI Proud

death or glory

How? Everyone knew what ************************************s was in the UDR.
He was in the PSNI.
We knew but youse had no idea, I would guess 1/2 the prods you knew during the troubles would have been in the security forces at some time or another.
No respect or manners for the people who were protecting your country from terrorists.

McSlaggart

I didn't think of that, you are right.

As long as they didn't use cats, then I suppose I am broadly OK with it.
It was a way of life. It was often tragic that the most decent of people was murdered and often the right fecker would never get touched. I know of one UDR bus man who was murdered who was the loveliest person. The UDR officer often took the stupidest part time job.

Talk Back

He was in the PSNI.
We knew but youse had no idea, I would guess 1/2 the prods you knew during the troubles would have been in the security forces at some time or another.
No respect or manners for the people who were protecting your country from terrorists.
What country would that be???

McSlaggart

He was in the PSNI.
We knew but youse had no idea, I would guess 1/2 the prods you knew during the troubles would have been in the security forces .
Who is this "youse"? Why do you assume that "nationalists" did not have any contacts with the British army or psni?

Mickeymac

He was in the PSNI.

Unionists have been telling us on here for yonks that the terrorists you speak off were brought in to protect the Catholic minority in 1969, how many of these armed British uniformed thugs have been brought to justice pal?

death or glory

Who is this "youse"? Why do you assume that "nationalists" did not have any contacts with the British army or psni?
I didn't realise you had been taken to Castlereagh for questioning?

GDPR

It was a way of life. It was often tragic that the most decent of people was murdered and often the right fecker would never get touched. I know of one UDR bus man who was murdered who was the loveliest person. The UDR officer often took the stupidest part time job.
Well, not fully realising, I suppose. As I always said to people, on either side, who thought they could breeze this, "They will kill you. That is the whole point."

mac tíre

Security force children were just children, we ran out to the car in the morning.

First person there was meant to check, just simple common sense, but sure you would have no experience of it.
Did you not find it strange you were always the first out?

McSlaggart

Well, not fully realising, I suppose. As I always said to people, on either side, who thought they could breeze this, "They will kill you. That is the whole point."
The poor UDR had their heads filled with the exploits of their Fathers that no one had explained that the situation had changed.

death or glory

I would have went to the Post office social events to find out everything that I needed.
I suppose that's how we were kept safe, our Postman was protestant.

death or glory

The poor UDR had their heads filled with the exploits of their Fathers that no one had explained that the situation had changed.
The UDR and RUC personnel just wanted to protect their country and its citizens.

The more youse murdered, the more recruits the security forces got.

Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.

McSlaggart

I suppose that's how we were kept safe, our Postman was protestant.

The post office club also had the BT engineers. Most of whom was ex British army types as they was tasked with tapping phones etc.

The drink in the club was cheap and the talk was of many things.

The interesting thing is that you did not know the importance of the post office club and BT engineers.

GDPR

The post office club also had the BT engineers. Most of whom was ex British army types as they was tasked with tapping phones etc.

The interesting thing is that you did not know the importance of the post office club and BT engineers.
I had completely forgotten about that, but you are right! In Antrim the PO (later BT) engineers were often ex-Army/RAF. It was a civvy billet after they signed off. This pre-dated the Troubles. Jobs for the boys thing.

death or glory

The funny thing is that you think that BT workers were working for the British army and not fixing phone lines so I am saying you are talking rubbish yet again.
How many phones do you think were tapped by the way?

What was the importance of the PO club by the way, surely having cheap drink does not make a club important.

Mickeymac

Their fathers was in the B Specials and they got away with beating anyone and everyone up. They also got away with murder.

I knew that much sir, just wondered if they had targeted other Irish musicians before the Miami Showband.

Postmen, taxi-drivers, barmen, lawyers and members of the Catholic community were favored targets, was wondering if musicians were in that bracket above as well.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies