• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Nun. But the Brave.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Ear of the Heart | Mother Dolores Hart & Richard DeNeut

A Washington Times reporter emailed me about this story.

Mother Dolores Hart and I, an atheist, have been corresponding for more than a decade. The reporter must think I have some insight to the fascinating and poignant story concerning this beautiful woman.

It is definitely movie material.

Anyone think the Irish media will be interested? Dolores is bound to go on a book signing tour.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I hope your wife doesn't mind you flirting with an older lady, Maurice.

Ren84

Isn't the Washington Times a Teabagger, Moonie run comic?

Niall996

Interesting all right.

shiel

Maurice You never cease to amaze me.

You and I had an argument about Dawkins but you make this forlorn site a bit better.

Despite all the ************************e that some people go on with your discover Ireland is a gem and raises the tone.

Lonewolfe

A Washington Times reporter emailed me about this story.

Mother Dolores Hart and I, an atheist, have been corresponding for more than a decade. The reporter must think I have some insight to the fascinating and poignant story concerning this beautiful woman.

It is definitely movie material.

Anyone think the Irish media will be interested? Dolores is bound to go on a book signing tour.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mush. It's an interesting story alright. I note the Elvis angle:)

stopdoingstuff

Wow. Kind of interesting. I wonder what it is like moving from Hollywood to a Priory. Must have been a massive change. I would also imagine her decision was met with some incredulity.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Wow. Kind of interesting. I wonder what it is like moving from Hollywood to a Priory. Must have been a massive change. I would also imagine her decision was met with some incredulity.
Famous Hollywood director Hal Wallis told Dolores she would never work in Hollywood again!

Nevertheless she still has Oscar voting rights. :)

gatsbygirl20

She was beautiful in her hey-day.

Could she have been influenced by the Audrey Hepburn film "The Nun's Story" made in 1959?

This film was a very touching and compelling tale from an era when nuns and priests (Bing Crosby in priest role) were portrayed in a very heroic and positive light...

Eddie C

Begob M, and you a self-confessed atheist (now you tell us....)
I can see the 6-piece orchestra being wheeled in as she describes her 'biyug deesisyon' to take the veil (as they'd say).
How long are you an atheist? So you hadn't to live in fear of Canon O'Reilly and the most devout Father Hannon in Sord Cholmcille.......... And wasnt there a Fr Brady (known as 'Bubbles'?). Or were you an atheist far back then?

Not long back from a musical soiree with a baritone Darren O'Connor as part of the All-Ireland Drama Festival. The 'Tumbledown Shack' got a rendition.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Begob M, and you a self-confessed atheist (now you tell us....)
I can see the 6-piece orchestra being wheeled in as she describes her 'biyug deesisyon' to take the veil (as they'd say).
How long are you an atheist? So you hadn't to live in fear of Canon O'Reilly and the most devout Father Hannon in Sord Cholmcille.......... And wasnt there a Fr Brady (known as 'Bubbles'?). Or were you an atheist far back then?

Not long back from a musical soiree with a baritone Darren O'Connor as part of the All-Ireland Drama Festival. The 'Tumbledown Shack' got a rendition.
I have been an atheist since the 1960s.

Here's Dolores Hart as an actress on a Hollywood set visited by her actor father, Bert Hicks.