• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Obama/Clinton for 2012?

Sync

"Some of Hillary Clinton's advisers see it as a real possibility in 2012."
Well yeah they would wouldn't they? A non-runner. The reason the Dems aren't doing well has nothing to do with Joe Biden. Any time spent on this is wasted.

Cassandra Syndrome

Obama is toast.

Newsy

NYCKY

The way things are going, Obama is going to need a game changer. The hopey changey stuff won't work next time and the smaller crowds will compare most unfavorably to the huge crowds in 2008. Also given that only the Republican nomination is open ( as of now) then the Republicans will be sucking up all the media attention, the convention, the VP candidate etc,.

It may be dumping Biden, but that doesn't necessarily mean picking Clinton. He could pick Bloomberg or someone like that, just a thought.

Of course its all moot, if the Republicans end up picking someone like Huckabee, then Obama should get easily re elected.

Santos

Dead in the water? Are you crazy? Most presidents suffer a mid term dip in popularity. Obama's approval rating is at 45 percent, Clinton was at 46 percent in 1994 before the midterms and he cruised to victory two years later. Besides who have the republicans got? Flip flop Romney? Palin? Huckabee? Gingrich? None of them will ever be President. I wouldn't say Obama will certainly be re-elected but he is most definitely a heavy favourite.

owedtojoy

Obama is toast.
Oh, please, please, Mr GOP, write this guy off.

David C. Wilson: Obama Dominates Republicans in Polls

The WSJ/NBC poll found that Obama has a 47% positive rating ("very positive" or "somewhat positive"). This number dominates the Republican Party and its Congressional leaders: the Republican Party (31%), Senator Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (12%), and House Minority Leader John Boehner (14%). It also dominates all of the non-elected Republican politicos: Mike Huckabee (26%), Mitt Romney (21%), Newt Gingrich (24%), and Sarah Palin (30%). Even "the Tea Party Movement" garners only a 30% positive sentiment rating.

johntrenchard

Dead in the water? Are you crazy? Most presidents suffer a mid term dip in popularity. Obama's approval rating is at 45 percent, Clinton was at 46 percent in 1994 before the midterms and he cruised to victory two years later. Besides who have the republicans got? Flip flop Romney? Palin? Huckabee? Gingrich? None of them will ever be President. I wouldn't say Obama will certainly be re-elected but he is most definitely a heavy favourite.
Good points. But there are a number of indicators/hints that Obama will be one term only, the most recent being his chief of staff bailing out and running for Chicago mayor.

If Rahm Emmanuel is bailing out , and he's one tough sonofabitch , then that really says to me "one term only"...

Guess - it'll be Hilary in 2012 for the Dems. With Biden again as VP.

Santos

Good points. But there are a number of indicators/hints that Obama will be one term only, the most recent being his chief of staff bailing out and running for Chicago mayor.

If Rahm Emmanuel is bailing out , and he's one tough sonofabitch , then that really says to me "one term only"...

Guess - it'll be Hilary in 2012 for the Dems. With Biden again as VP.
I don't see it happening personally but I guess ya never know. Rahm is tough, no doubt, but it's not like he's retiring, he wants to be Mayor of his native city and for all we know, Rahm could be thinking about 2016, which would not be a surprise to me at all! In fact, I was going to get someone at home to put a wee bet on that (provided it was a crazy enough price of course) but unfortunately the bookies are only taking bets on 2012 and not on Obama's successor.

smitchy2

Obama is toast.
This would be a win for the Dems if they went for that ticket.
Clintons approval ratings are up in the 60’s.

I cannot see anyone on the GOP side matching up.
Huckabee and Romney are the only 2 who will be going forward again from last time.

The tea party candidates although very popular with their core do not really have widespread appeal. They need to ditch idiots like Sarah Palin who have unfavourability ratings touching 60% which is much worse than Obama.
Ron Paul is too old at this stage.

The GOP has 12 months to find the perfect challenger or they will be toast.

Rocket Man

I am quite suprised by the number of GOP supporters on this site. It seems to be far greater than that among the rest of the population.

As for 2012, Obama is a cert to get the democrat nomination. There would need to be a very good reason for a party not to run the incumbant.
Obama's numbers might be a bit disappointing but they are far from catastrophic.

I think running Hilary as V.P could be a good idea. There was an interesting suggestion on Larry King that she and Biden might swap roles. This might make sense as Biden's main expertise is in foreign relations.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Considering the hysteria that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim communist, the small amount of hysteria over his poll ratings aren't surprising. They're neither great, nor poor considering the crisis that the US and indeed much of the world is facing.

P.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
The election won't be won on who's on the ticket with Obama (and in my opinion a Obama/Clinton ticket has less voter appeal than a Obama/Biden one) but rather who will be on the Republican ticket. Obama is clearly in a very weak position, but the GOP doesn't have an obviously better candidate.

owedtojoy

Is he any better about not saying stupid things to foreign leaders? He says some pretty stupid things here and pretty consistently.
Biden would make a great Secertary of State. Gaffe-prone, maybe, but that is a minor blemish.

A famous VP once said the office was not worth "a bucket of warm spit", except he may have used another word instead of spit. However, ever since Nixon, a lot of VPs have gotten elected or won nominations (Mondale, Bush Snr, Gore) and the office has moved to the White House and is at the centre of power.

Having been VP, Biden might fancy a move to State, if Obama promises to deliver it to him. He will hardly be falling over himself at the thought of another 4 years as VP.

Clinton might see the VP-ship as a stepping stone to a run for the Presidency in 2016. The chance to make history as the first woman VP might attract here - she is only the 3rd female Secretary of State. She will be younger than Reagan was in 2016, with an impressive track record in Federal offices.

Larry McDonald Democrat

Listening to Joe Biden leads me to suspect he is no longer the full nickle. He is 70 by the election and must be kept under wraps. Obama needs a miracle. 250000 democrats just voted against him in the past couple of weeks. It takes anger to come out and vote against your own party.

Is it time for the Hilderbeast.

This attractive picture of her is on the front page of The Drudge Report, there is clearly something afoot.

Larry McDonald Democrat

The democrats realize they have a serious problem. They have 2 stupid idiots on the ticket that need to have their mouths taped until the teleprompter is running.

The country dozes while two metrosexuals prance about.

factual

I don't know about that. Hilary Clinton deserves to be admired as she is very capable. I always had mixed feelings when Obama won, because I had always been a Hilary Clinton fan - she has good progrsesive values on the left. However, that said, Obama brought in health care and that deserves a lot of credit.

Obama will win the election I am sure.