• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Obama, implementing Trump's foreign policy position on Syria

Sexual Harassment Panda

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/world/middleeast/john-kerry-vladimir-putin-syria-plan.html

The proposed agreement calls for the creation of a joint military command center staffed by military and intelligence officers who would share information so as to permit “integrated operations.” It has generated deep unease at the Pentagon and in some quarters of the State Department, where it is seen as too conciliatory to both the Russians and the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad.
So Kerry has gone to Moscow with the intention to cooperate with Russia in Syria.

If the US and Russia work in a cooperative fashion this means Assad stays and the Rebels, all of them, will become the enemy. I'd be willing to bet this 180 has to do with developments Turkey. Turkey is on the cusp of becoming an enemy, and for that reason ISIS, the militants and the instability in Syria is no longer tolerable.

This is at least the 3rd occasion now that world leaders have adopted Trump foreign policy positions.

Will we finally see some significant progress against this band of savages? I think so. I think Russia is being brought in to do some of the heavy lifting (possible incursions in Turkey) which America can't be seen to be doing. Russia's success against ISIS earlier this year possibly resulted in some significant intelligence gains which could be instrumental in defeating ISIS quickly. Because of Turkey (and to a lesser extent Trump), ISIS have evolved from a nuisance to Obama and his legacy (he'll never forgive Hillary) into a direct threat to his entire Presidency. If Turkey goes rogue and moves on Syria, it will all come back on the US administration. If ISIS survive his Presidency and Trump is the one to extinguish the threat it will destroy Obama's legacy.

I think this new cooperation is entirely about expediency because America easily has the capacity to destroy ISIS on its own. Cooperation with Russia, means cooperation with Assad with means improved intelligence and access to local military resources. Expect a major assault against ISIS in the coming months. The organisation will be dead before the end of the year.

The Field Marshal

It has taken the Americans a very very long time to wake up.

But great damage has been done and the blame must land fairly and squarely at the door of a truly appalling American strategic foreign policy over the last 15 years.

Actually horrifying and one would have expected something more enlightened from a nation like the USA with its enormous resources.

rapparree

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/world/middleeast/john-kerry-vladimir-putin-syria-plan.html

So Kerry has gone to Moscow with the intention to cooperate with Russia in Syria.

If the US and Russia work in a cooperative fashion this means Assad stays and the Rebels, all of them, will become the enemy. I'd be willing to bet this 180 has to do with developments Turkey. Turkey is on the cusp of becoming an enemy, and for that reason ISIS, the militants and the instability in Syria is no longer tolerable.

This is at least the 3rd occasion now that world leaders have adopted Trump foreign policy positions.

Will we finally see some significant progress against this band of savages? I think so. I think Russia is being brought in to do some of the heavy lifting (possible incursions in Turkey) which America can't be seen to be doing. Russia's success against ISIS earlier this year possibly resulted in some significant intelligence gains which could be instrumental in defeating ISIS quickly. Because of Turkey (and to a lesser extent Trump), ISIS have evolved from a nuisance to Obama and his legacy (he'll never forgive Hillary) into a direct threat to his entire Presidency. If Turkey goes rogue and moves on Syria, it will all come back on the US administration. If ISIS survive his Presidency and Trump is the one to extinguish the threat it will destroy Obama's legacy.

I think this new cooperation is entirely about expediency because America easily has the capacity to destroy ISIS on its own. Cooperation with Russia, means cooperation with Assad with means improved intelligence and access to local military resources. Expect a major assault against ISIS in the coming months. The organisation will be dead before the end of the year.
Turks will be too wrapped up in the post coup chaos to do anything significant in the next while, any substantial incursions into Syria are off the table for the forseeable future.

In addition, they had been making some reconciling noises towards Assad in the days before the coup, ultimately the Kurds are enemy number one and southeast Turkey has been in flames since Erdogan restarted the war with the PKK for electoral gains

therefore wouldn't be expecting anything significant from them on Syria in the next while, let alone that incursion they were mooting with the saudis before

owedtojoy

This is like the elephant and the flea crossing the bridge.
After they had crossed, the flea said to the elephant "We shook that!"

Who joined with the USA to rid Syria of its chemical arsenal? That was 2013, when Trump was busy cheating Atlantic City investors out of their money, and bilking Trump University students of their hard-earned savings. U.S., Russia agree on Syria weapons, Obama says force still option | Reuters

Who has been working with the Russians for years to reach an agreed resolution to the conflict. ISIL have been under heavy assault by the US' Kurdish allies since last year.

Kurdish-led SDF launches offensive on Syria's Raqqa - AJE News
Kurdish and Arab forces push into centre of Syria's Manbij | Middle East Eye

This is just a feeble attempt to give a sheen of credibility to the bloated buffoon the Republicans have nominated.

Besides, who says the Democrat nominee is going to depart from the Obama policy? Who needs a clueless reality TV clown who only wants to suck up to Putin anyway?

PS When NATO intervened in Libya, they were adopting a "Trump policy position" because he had loudly demanded the intervention. Is he claiming responsibility for that, too, or is he lying about it?

The Field Marshal

American foreign policy is determined by its military industrial complex.
I hope you are wrong.
President Eisenhower warned about this iinm in the 1950,s.

JFK , a catholic, seems to have been the only POTUS to date who stood up to the appallingly ignorant and astonishingly backward US army generals.

US have been talking to Assad for least the last 2 months via backdoor channels.

State department appalled as the Arab Spring policy as laid down by HRC was supposed to have revolutions for democracy everywhere.................. apart from those countrys which fund Clinton Foundation in their millions.

US now has got no dog in the fight......

Turkey doesn't want it involved, Iraq sure as hell don't so attempting to set up a Kurdish homeland is doomed to fail....

Obama's foreign policy fails again.

The former had experience and the knowledge that compelled him to warn the public of giving too much power to the American industrial complex. The latter opposed it and threatened to shatter a component of the machine into a thousand pieces, the CIA. The machine murdered him.
Companies owned by George Herbert Walker Bush were involved in Bay of Pigs.................. wonder what ever happened to him.

The Field Marshal

The former had experience and the knowledge that compelled him to warn the public of giving too much power to the American industrial complex. The latter opposed it and threatened to shatter a component of the machine into a thousand pieces, the CIA. The machine murdered him.
Maybe.

The USA is in a dangerously unstable state as evidenced by the calibre of its politicans since 9/11.

The deaths in the twin towers were sadly not the only casualties.

There is little that is hopeful concerning the future of the USA as a stable political entity.

The Field Marshal

Its gone rogue. Its no longer democratic. Bread and circuses. Smoke and mirrors.
Not quite that bad yet.

The USA has become unstable.

Something that was inevitable under the Bush/ Obama presidencies, and

neither Clinton or Trump display any real understanding of the contemporary global situation.

But rogue ? I dont think so.

Basically the USA is a spent force and will spend the next decade in isolated mode irrespective of who wins the next presidential election.
This perforce must happen becuase the USA,s essential infrastructure is in a sad state of neglect and despite the mad current rhetoric
military spending will be curtailed and seriously.

The Field Marshal

Where does that leave the American citizen who has done no wrong? Who has been lied to, manipulated into wars, had their homes repossessed, work three or four jobs to make ends meet, or are just outright murdered, and whose news media cannot and should not be trusted or entertained in any way. Up the creek without a paddle in a holed canoe.
It is just awful.
But God loves America too so perhaps they can pull through.

I just hope so.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies