• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Obama kills fly, PETA outraged

Munion

They're doing themselves no favours.

I remember in the caravan my family used to spend the summer holidays in, myself and my sisters would have wasp swatting competitions. A wasp would fly in and the first to kill it got to put it in their cup. Person with the most dead wasp bodies at the end of the holiday wins. Kinda macabre now I come to think about it but they were simpler times.

Mar Tweedy

Ah if you read the article PETA are quite light-hearted about it.
The press probably phoned PETA to ask them about the fly-murder (;)) trying to create a bit of a story and controversy out of it. And so the story was created and here we are. PETA get a bit of publicity for their cause and sales of their humane fly catcher go up giving them happiness through increased funds and more humane fly catching.
yada yada yada, controversy makes the news-world go around etc....

jpc

Well they got publicity.
Which has been quiet thin of late for them.
But seriously, they need to get a life if this is their main bug bear.

Tiernanator

They're doing themselves no favours.

I remember in the caravan my family used to spend the summer holidays in, myself and my sisters would have wasp swatting competitions. A wasp would fly in and the first to kill it got to put it in their cup. Person with the most dead wasp bodies at the end of the holiday wins. Kinda macabre now I come to think about it but they were simpler times.
It is like something out a a Roddy Doyle book. Had a good laugh thinking about it though.

brigg

I saw the footage of Obama killing the fly at the end of lasts night's six-one news, and thought to myself, "some idiots are going to freak over this!"

Mazzy Maz

Personally, I respect PETA's stance on this issue. Good for them.

G

Gimpanzee

He was just trying to show that he was an ordinary Joe who kills his own flies. Bush would have called in a SWAT team.

Legion

not that I am taking this seriously
whats the difference then between a fly and another animal?,

jpc

Big things squash little things.
Little things drive big things mad or give them nasty diseases.
Thats the worls we live in.
Bring on bacterial rights.
Stop the antibiotic onslaught.

kerrynorth

Obama is lucky that PETA did not catch him beheading and gutting a Sea Kitten. That's all I got to say......................................

SamVimesBoots

Considering his stance on the killing of human babies, killing a fly really shouldn't stand out that much.
And there you have it folks, swatting an annoying insect leads inexorably to genocide, infanticide, compulsory abortion and the End Of Civilisation As We Know It (tm). It's a slippery slope, a gateway act, just like that nasty maroo-jewanna. Just remember next time you reach for the rolled-up newspaper that you are exactly the same as a back-street abortionist, already well on your way to being the next Pol Pot.

Popular Threads

Most Replies