Obamas to receive Freedom of Dublin

Hewson

This is welcome news and a reminder, in the midst of all the Trump controversies, of the differences in standing in the minds of most Irish people between Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

It comes hot on the heels of Trump's Doonbeg Wall defeat, another welcome development.

Obamas to get Freedom of the City of Dublin - BBC News

The Field Marshal

Ex US president Obama has the blood of the Syrian Civil war on his hands.

He is a truly evil monster and should never be let enter Ireland .

LadyLou

They will be made very welcome here. They were the adults in the White House.

Now we have the spoiled man-child.

The Field Marshal

A fitting recognition for two of the good guys.
What has the Obama woman ever done for Ireland?
Her monster husband is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in Syria.

I say this horrific bloodthirsty couple should never be let set foot in Ireland.

The Field Marshal

They will be made very welcome here. They were the adults in the White House.

Now we have the spoiled man-child.
Why should any Irish people welcome the american monster who kept the flames of hatred in Syria burning for years?

D

Deleted member 42179

the truth about "nice guy" Obama,
the only president to be at war every day of his tenure:

[video=youtube;oeDZIyGkGNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDZIyGkGNM[/video]

gerhard dengler

To paraphrase Ron Paul

"Barack Obama's is the first administration in American history where the American nation was at war for every single day of his presidency"

Dublin City Council take a bow:roll:

blokesbloke

Why?

Is it because he said his name was O'Bama?

I can't see anything else he did for Ireland, or the world. He certainly should be handing his Nobel Peace Prize back.

Dear but it makes me laugh when Irish people go on about how stupid the Brits are with our "Special Relationship" crap?

Spanner Island

What has the Obama woman ever done for Ireland?
Her monster husband is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in Syria.

I say this horrific bloodthirsty couple should never be let set foot in Ireland.
No doubt you'll mount a protest during their visit... it's the least you could do... innit?

Or maybe you might head off to London to cheer on the Trumps...

Or maybe both?

Could be a jolly good year for you... :roll:

I've no issue at all with the Obama's being awarded this...

Felixness

How much is this costing the taxpayer? The 60% of patients hidden on 2 secret waiting lists has just been released, what f uckwit thinks the Irish people want the Obamas been given an all expenses taxpayer funded jolly over here to give them this ''honour''? There's going to be enough taxpayer money wasted next month when our politicians go on global paddywhackery jollies under the guise of promoting Ireland for St Patrick's Day, so lets just leave it at that. There's nothing to celebrate about Obama's Presidency.

livingstone

Why?

I can't see anything else he did for Ireland, or the world. He certainly should be handing his Nobel Peace Prize back.

Dear but it makes me laugh when Irish people go on about how stupid the Brits are with our "Special Relationship" crap?
Unfortunately, by current standards, respecting the Constitution and Rule of Law, freedom of the press and not dictating policy based on people's religion - which would have been a pretty low bar - now looks like quite an achievement.

Spanner Island

Why?

But you are...

The difference between us is that we don't ponce around the world declaring how important we are and claiming to be a force for good etc... only then to go fawning at the feet of Trump and obsess about the 'special relationship' ad nauseum...

Everywhere the British Empire touched they left mayhem... and yet to this day there is mass delusion going on in Blighty that they civilised the world...

That's what's really laughable bb... :)

The Field Marshal

No doubt you'll mount a protest during their visit... it's the least you could do... innit?

Or maybe you might head off to London to cheer on the Trumps...

Or maybe both?

Could be a jolly good year for you... :roll:

I've no issue at all with the Obama's being awarded this...
So you have no issue with the fact that the USA prolonged the Syrian Civil War or that Michelle Obama has nothing at all to do with life in this country.

:roll:

The Field Marshal

How much is this costing the taxpayer? The 60% of patients hidden on 2 secret waiting lists has just been released, what f uckwit thinks the Irish people want the Obamas been given an all expenses taxpayer funded jolly over here to give them this ''honour''? There's going to be enough taxpayer money wasted next month when our politicians go on global paddywhackery jollies under the guise of promoting Ireland for St Patrick's Day, so lets just leave it at that. There's nothing to celebrate about Obama's Presidency.
There's nothing to celebrate about Obama's Presidency?

We can celebrate that the evil monster has departed that office.

Spanner Island

So you have no issue with the fact that the USA prolonged the Syrian Civil War or that Michelle Obama has nothing at all to do with life in this country.

:roll:
Not really... :)

The Syrian War was a lost cause after a few months...

I remember thinking within 3 months of it kicking off during which time over 3,000 had been killed that it was a lost cause...

NI had 3,000 casualties during 30 years and the bitterness is still there...

Syria was doomed to go down the sh!tter within a very short time due to the extent of casualties in the initial few months...

Hitchcock

This is welcome news and a reminder, in the midst of all the Trump controversies, of the differences in standing in the minds of most Irish people between Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

It comes hot on the heels of Trump's Doonbeg Wall defeat, another welcome development.

Obamas to get Freedom of the City of Dublin - BBC News
Have to disagree, he may indeed be better than Trump but that's no reason to award him the freedom of the city. The man stood over widening inequality, bombing campaigns and drone strikes that slaughtered innocent children and stood silent when the Israeli military machine flattened Gaza.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies