• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

O'Dea slams Varadkar for straying outside ministerial brief

Prof Honeydew

Leo Varadkar has a reputation for issuing statements on everything but what he's supposed to be minister for. Such self-serving self-promotion has not gone unnoticed. Dáil Éireann can rest assured that he's being held to account.

Scathing attack on Varadkar by O'Dea raises fresh doubts about Government's stability - Independent.ie

Hold on a moment. Is this not the same Willie O'Dea has accused political opponents of running brothels, attacked Navan Man for satirising politicians, posed on the front pages aiming a loaded gun at the readers, called for the jailing of disruptive students, demanded that offenders be paraded on the streets with signs around their necks, tried to start a campaign against dogging etc?

Surely the Rat should be applauding Vlad's mastery of the empty media? After all, ná aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

BTW, just in case you're unaware of what he doesn't comment on, O'Dea is Opposition spokesman on Social Protection and filled the same position in the previous Dáil.

Sister Mercedes

Mr Varadkar seems to believe legislation and detailed scrutiny of proposals are an unnecessary distraction from the serious business of courting popularity.
Willie's got that right.

Prester Jim

A case of professional envy methinks, both have similar backgrounds of bullsh1tting about everything and anything but Varadkar has (for some incomprehensible reason) a more dewy eyed response from the media than O'Dea.
Really they both get far too easy a ride from the media just the same as all the politicians of the big 2.5 parties do.

Spanner Island

Two pr!cks having a go at each other...

O'Dea is a repugnant little sh!t who should be ignored. End of.

As for Varadkar, I used to rate the way he told it like it is despite not liking much of what he said... that was until his stint in health...

In health he basically seemed to adopt an attitude of 'everything is sh!t and there's nothing I can do about it' attitude and did f*** all other than keep saying that throughout his tenure.

Telling it like it is is fine... unless that's all you do.

If you've no proposals or solutions other than simply rewinding and repeating then you should probably seek another career... Leo.

Sister Mercedes

Leo has figured out that the key to success in the eyes of the Irish media isn't about doing stuff. It's talking about your feelings.

wombat

There is a type of fish in Australia known as a gummy shark, Willie reminded me.

Prof Honeydew

Two pr!cks having a go at each other...

O'Dea is a repugnant little sh!t who should be ignored. End of.

As for Varadkar, I used to rate the way he told it like it is despite not liking much of what he said... that was until his stint in health...

In health he basically seemed to adopt an attitude of 'everything is sh!t and there's nothing I can do about it' attitude and did f*** all other than keep saying that throughout his tenure.

Telling it like it is is fine... unless that's all you do.

If you've no proposals or solutions other than simply rewinding and repeating then you should probably seek another career... Leo.
With Vladkins on one side of the Dáil and the Rat on the other, what are the chances of rational debate on Social Protection?

Erudite Caveman

That's health. It is a behemoth. Once they ballooned the budget during the boom the politicians lost control. The powers that any minster for health now has are like using a hand tiller to steer a tanker. We have some sort of union/IMO/public service management collective running our health service and health policy. The government just provides the budget. Which they overrun.

loner

Leo should be petrified--wee Willy has him in his sights. However doubt if Willy has the ability to pull the trigger.

enuffisenuff

complete b0llocks of a politician criticises complete b0llocks of a politician.............next

venusian

Leo Varadkar has a reputation for issuing statements on everything but what he's supposed to be minister for. Such self-serving self-promotion has not gone unnoticed. Dáil Éireann can rest assured that he's being held to account.

Scathing attack on Varadkar by O'Dea raises fresh doubts about Government's stability - Independent.ie

Hold on a moment. Is this not the same Willie O'Dea has accused political opponents of running brothels, attacked Navan Man for satirising politicians, posed on the front pages aiming a loaded gun at the readers, called for the jailing of disruptive students, demanded that offenders be paraded on the streets with signs around their necks, tried to start a campaign against dogging etc?

Surely the Rat should be applauding Vlad's mastery of the empty media? After all, ná aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

BTW, just in case you're unaware of what he doesn't comment on, O'Dea is Opposition spokesman on Social Protection and filled the same position in the previous Dáil.
Geez! Shock/Horror! I mis-read the thread I thought it said Little Leo had strayed outside of his briefs! :lol:

Contain yourselves lads here he is in his err...briefs!

venusian

Like Mehole ?
Well MeHole is already Varadkars real boss, Little Leo just wants to be Fine Gaels boss thus he is happy to puke the usual verbal diarrhoea, no publicity is bad publicity for Little Leo when you want to take over from MeHole's owned bitch BellEnda :)

Just a remark on Willie wanting to jail disruptive students. From what I'm gathering from my time in LIT is that the some of the residents around LIT can be a bit over the top when it comes to the students. So I can imagine Willie is getting an earful constantly from people up there. Now I want to point out also that I've also seen some great counter arguments from residents in support of the students on certain issues. I'll defend Willie on that one.

Now for Varadkar , he makes my skin crawl. His drole, smugish face faffin he does gives me a fit of the angers

edifice.

Savaged by a dead sheep!

hammer

Well MeHole is already Varadkars real boss, Little Leo just wants to be Fine Gaels boss thus he is happy to puke the usual verbal diarrhoea, no publicity is bad publicity for Little Leo when you want to take over from MeHole's owned bitch BellEnda :)
Mehole isn`t even the boss in his own house.

Prof Honeydew

Just a remark on Willie wanting to jail disruptive students. From what I'm gathering from my time in LIT is that the some of the residents around LIT can be a bit over the top when it comes to the students. So I can imagine Willie is getting an earful constantly from people up there. Now I want to point out also that I've also seen some great counter arguments from residents in support of the students on certain issues. I'll defend Willie on that one.

Now for Varadkar , he makes my skin crawl. His drole, smugish face faffin he does gives me a fit of the angers
AFAIR, the Rat was referring to secondary students in that particular statement.

Spanner Island

That's health. It is a behemoth. Once they ballooned the budget during the boom the politicians lost control. The powers that any minster for health now has are like using a hand tiller to steer a tanker. We have some sort of union/IMO/public service management collective running our health service and health policy. The government just provides the budget. Which they overrun.
True enough although Varadkar seems to have adopted the same kind of attitude in his current role too...

He just seems to throw his hands in the air and declare everything unworkable and unfit for purpose while proposing sod all to fix or solve anything much.

Compare and contrast with Simon Coveney who at least has gotten his finger out and is trying stuff.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies