O'Dea slams Varadkar for straying outside ministerial brief

WayOutWest

Two pr!cks having a go at each other...

O'Dea is a repugnant little sh!t who should be ignored. End of.

As for Varadkar, I used to rate the way he told it like it is despite not liking much of what he said... that was until his stint in health...

In health he basically seemed to adopt an attitude of 'everything is sh!t and there's nothing I can do about it' attitude and did f*** all other than keep saying that throughout his tenure.

Telling it like it is is fine... unless that's all you do.

If you've no proposals or solutions other than simply rewinding and repeating then you should probably seek another career... Leo.
I'm confused by your opening sentence......we know about Leo but Wlllie ???

keyholekate

Willie is a live wire. Who wouldn't admire his fighting spirit? By contrast, Leo is far from leonine even he is wandering outside his brief/s. Too much of the "old smoothie" about him; "oozing charm at every pore, he oils his way across the floor". Willie and Leo would be the ideal couple for "Strictly Come Dancing".

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
I can't see Leo lasting long (more than a year) as Taoiseach. It's a indication of the sad state of the future affairs of Fine Gael post-Enda Kenny that he may still be their best bet. I would say that Pascal Donohue would be their best best, although seemingly he is not rated high in the polls. Enda Kenny may be the first FG Taoiseach to be reelected as Taoiseach after a full term but he has done unbelievable damage to the party I think by a lot of his nonsensical Ministerial appointments.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Willie O'Dea is clever ..his statement was for the benefit of waverers in the FG pp who might be thinking of backing Leo

It fits into a narrative that Enda Kenny's slitheries have been promulgating

The big fear is that Leo is cleary FG...not an FFer like Enda...so they'll collaborate to thwart him

The Moditariat have been deleting comments of mine , so screenshot this one fast

cyp

Prof Honeydew

Willie O'Dea is clever ..his statement was for the benefit of waverers in the FG pp who might be thinking of backing Leo

It fits into a narrative that Enda Kenny's slitheries have been promulgating

The big fear is that Leo is cleary FG...not an FFer like Enda...so they'll collaborate to thwart him

The Moditariat have been deleting comments of mine , so screenshot this one fast

cyp
Jeez, you have me on this one, Cybes. Am I to understand that the Rat is doing what the anti-Vlad Blueshirts are telling him because they've been told by Enda to do what Micheal Martin wants?

And there was I thinking that His Ratship was covering up his inability to come up with a single idea of his own in thirty-four years despite press-ganging tens of millions of his constituents through his clinics to complain about things they didn't know they could complain about.

Small wonder the Modetariat are castrating your brilliance.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Jeez, you have me on this one, Cybes. Am I to understand that the Rat is doing what the anti-Vlad Blueshirts are telling him because they've been told by Enda to do what Micheal Martin wants?

And there was I thinking that His Ratship was covering up his inability to come up with a single idea of his own in thirty-four years despite press-ganging tens of millions of his constituents through his clinics to complain about things they didn't know they could complain about.

Small wonder the Modetariat are castrating your brilliance.
Enda wants to cling to power at all costs...thus he fears Leo

The Rat's attack on Leo ...is similar in nature to Enda's slitheries attacks on Leo

FF...also fear Leo

cyp

Barna

Leo Varadkar has a reputation for issuing statements on everything but what he's supposed to be minister for. Such self-serving self-promotion has not gone unnoticed. Dáil Éireann can rest assured that he's being held to account.

Scathing attack on Varadkar by O'Dea raises fresh doubts about Government's stability - Independent.ie

Hold on a moment. Is this not the same Willie O'Dea has accused political opponents of running brothels, attacked Navan Man for satirising politicians, posed on the front pages aiming a loaded gun at the readers, called for the jailing of disruptive students, demanded that offenders be paraded on the streets with signs around their necks, tried to start a campaign against dogging etc?

Surely the Rat should be applauding Vlad's mastery of the empty media? After all, ná aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

BTW, just in case you're unaware of what he doesn't comment on, O'Dea is Opposition spokesman on Social Protection and filled the same position in the previous Dáil.
Terribly embarrassing for the blueshirts to be continually put in their place by FFailures.
Especially this FFailure.
What has become of the blueshirts, a shadow of a shadow....

turdsl

Terribly embarrassing for the blueshirts to be continually put in their place by FFailures.
Especially this FFailure.
What has become of the blueshirts, a shadow of a shadow....
Fine Gael still does not know what hit them,from such a high in 2011 to getting kicked out of office after their first term.
Having to do dirty little side deals with Martin and Fianna Fail to become their puppet government certainly was some tumble,

APettigrew92

True enough although Varadkar seems to have adopted the same kind of attitude in his current role too...

He just seems to throw his hands in the air and declare everything unworkable and unfit for purpose while proposing sod all to fix or solve anything much.

Compare and contrast with Simon Coveney who at least has gotten his finger out and is trying stuff.
I've a lot of respect for Coveney. He takes whatever is thrown at him and makes an earnest effort. The fisheries reform he won was, well, a victory for the country.

Varadkar did absolutely nothing to improve health. Health is a morasse of bureaucracy that requires a stick-stick approach if any headway is to be made.

Varadkar went, cap in hand, and begged his own department to reform to his liking. Then at Government forming talks jokes awkwardly about how "sure health is crap anyways."

A full-time fantasist and part-time politician. Harris has overshadowed him by doing more positive work in three months than Varadkar had in five years.

Varadkar presided over the charity spending debacle, the increase in pharmaceutical costs despite Ireland producing 70% of EU medicines, the worst ever rise in people on trolleys and yet he is being pushed forward as a FG leader.

This country.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Fine Gael still does not know what hit them,from such a high in 2011 to getting kicked out of office after their first term.
Having to do dirty little side deals with Martin and Fianna Fail to become their puppet government certainly was some tumble,
What is truly worse is the Enda Kenny loyalists ...are now hand-in-glove with the worst FF-ers...in order to prevent FG being reformed

Since January Enda's slitheries have been pasting Leo within select circles

My read is that Leo is so damaged in the pp ...that he's probably not a viable candidate even if Kenny were to go of his own choosing

cyp

DJP

Website
Twitter
I remember talking to Leo a few days after the 2007 Leaders Debate between Kenny and Ahern. I genuinely thought that Enda Kenny won that debate- Ahern might have came across as tougher in it, but I think Enda Kenny came across as more intelligent and charismatic in it- but Leo told me that he thought that Enda Kenny lost it.

Leo is intelligent and media savvy and for that reason he would be a threat to most Fianna Fáil members in the Oireachtas that I know of but he can also be very petty in person and I don't think that he has the character to be leader of Fine Gael never mind Taoiseach.

If he is leader he won't last more than a year I think.

APettigrew92

I remember talking to Leo a few days after the 2007 Leaders Debate between Kenny and Ahern. I genuinely thought that Enda Kenny won that debate- Ahern might have came across as tougher in it, but I think Enda Kenny came across as more intelligent and charismatic in it- but Leo told me that he thought that Enda Kenny lost it.

Leo is intelligent and media savvy and for that reason he would be a threat to most Fianna Fáil members in the Oireachtas that I know of but he can also be very petty in person and I don't think that he has the character to be leader of Fine Gael never mind Taoiseach.

The only "threat" to FF is an informed electorate.

FG had a chance to run the Government for three proper terms, not including this zombie term, and they introduced Irish Water.

Once Jarry steps down and the elderly who vote for those kind lads who built the road give up on voting, then maybe things will change.

If Varadkar had any of this intelligence you speak of, maybe he too would realize that his chances of being FG leader depend on FG losing the next election. Heavily.

turdsl

You could be right.if you are the future is very dim for Fine Gael in the years to come,been the lapdog for Fianna Fail is not the future that was expected for them back in 2011. Leo is the only one that Fianna Fail are afraid of. They will not allow him become leader.for good or bad he will not take orders from Fianna Fail,The two civil war parties will have to stick together now either in coalition or a mess like we have now.Someone other than Leo may be more pliable. The third leg of the stool, Labour with just a few seats will be of no help.

Shannon73

re p....s, in my view and very dispensible. Looking objectively at the position now, I think FG are under no immediate pressure as long as they are sensible with the budget - no more medical card cuts as before.

It's time to relax - and time for the regular anti crowd to give us a break!

stanley

Fianna Fail set to force

As ever WOD goes for the populist move, seeking votes, from the older influential generation based on £5-00 per week pension rise, anybody who would disagree will be held up as a figure of shame.

Of course the pension system needs an overhaul and improvements after all, in the main, it was created by FF who have always used populist additions when votes are required to stay in Govt or gain power.

WOD needs slapping down once more as his solo runs threaten the present Govt and undermine MeHole.

WOD's style of running his constituency office as a complaints dept., is/was the precursor for the likes of Lowry and the Healy-Raes, sadly it works for them as they seek votes for rights, people already have.

Man or Mouse

With Vladkins on one side of the Dáil and the Rat on the other, what are the chances of rational debate on Social Protection?
About the same as getting a decent road from Cork to Limerick, which also has the backing of the wonderful Mehole no doubt.

Dame_Enda

Claims in this mornings newspapers that there is a secret govt plan to end pensions for part time workers.

DJP

Website
Twitter
Claims in this mornings newspapers that there is a secret govt plan to end pensions for part time workers.
I saw that, and it didn't make sense to me. How can people over 65 (or 66 or whatever it is now) not get the state pension?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies