• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

O'Dea to cash in on social housing?

williewatch

But isn't Willie O'Dea effectively in government with the deal FF have made to support FG?

raspberry tea

He is a self-serving little runt,if i remember correctly he REFUSED to have a running mate in the elections - which in turn means more gravy for himself....Don't like him never have,never will - don't understand how Limerick people can still vote this self serving pig back into power....Madness...

Felixness

He is the poster boy for parish pump politics. He is the champion of the perpetual dole scrounger who is too lazy to work to provide for themselves or their children, which is why he's elected time after time.

raspberry tea

He is the poster boy for parish pump politics. He is the champion of the perpetual dole scrounger who is too lazy to work to provide for themselves or their children, which is why he's elected time after time.
He is a misery merchant,he will promise those who are hard up the moon and the stars - but we will see if he can deliver,you are right though there are too many people that think the world owes them a paycheque,plenty of children and welfare - and often times with no father in sight - while the state,ie you and me(not out of enda kennys pocket i can assure you) pick up the expensive welfare and social housing tab - what is all that about???

raspberry tea

He chairs a london investment property company and also is in governement - anybody see a conflict of interest here?And who pays these people off - the working class/middle class tax payers...IT IS A SCAM PURE AND SIMPLE.I am a working class tax payer and i pay a LOT of tax already....Why should i be penalised for people who just want to live off welfare and pop out kid after kid with no father in sight,probably a dead beat sh*t smoker spreading his seed...

realistic1

But isn't Willie O'Dea effectively in government with the deal FF have made to support FG?
There is very little difference between WOD and the rest of the Political establishment. These Politicians have allowed the destruction of thousands of social housing in this State, and the moving of local authority tenants in to Private rented houses, which are owned by the Political class, family and friends. This massive waste of taxpayers money to improve the financial standing of the Political class is staggering and is not been called out by the mainstream media.

linny55

FF have been cashing in on the State since the party began. It comes naturally to them. FG and Labour have now joined them around the pot.

Prof Honeydew

Sounds more like the Rat fantasising about being a property mogul. He made a big deal of chairing a previously-unheard-of London property company a few years back but it doesn't appear to have done anything in the meantime.

Maybe he was keeping quiet in case he might start off a bubble in bargain basement brothels.

williewatch

He is a misery merchant,he will promise those who are hard up the moon and the stars - but we will see if he can deliver,you are right though there are too many people that think the world owes them a paycheque,plenty of children and welfare - and often times with no father in sight - while the state,ie you and me(not out of enda kennys pocket i can assure you) pick up the expensive welfare and social housing tab - what is all that about???
"So, what is it about Willie that makes him so extraordinarily successful in Limerick? Here we get to the heart of the paradox that is Fianna Fáil. It is not the success of Willie O’Dea’s advocacy for Limerick that makes the city so dependent on him. It is its failure. The relationship between the ultimate clientelist politician and his clients depends on the continuation of powerlessness. Instead of being punished for Limerick’s underdevelopment, O’Dea has thrived on it. The worse the city’s problems, the greater its need of a supposed champion."

Limerick's champion left people powerless

raspberry tea

We don't need anymore bloodsucking english ''property investors'' - of course with every offer comes an entrepreneur who wants his pound of flesh,and that will come in the form of extortionate tax rates for us all...And for what?So single mothers can have more children and live off the state teat,while the father is down the betting shop ladbrokes,smoking cannabis all day and spreading his seed?Is this the rot we want in our society?

Dame_Enda

Doublejobbing by politicians should be banned to avoid conflicts of interest.

hammer

Most important part of the article

"The opposition TD was enthusiastic about the Irish economy"

( You wouldn`t think it listening to the little runt )

Well done FG

drummed

One can do nothing in this country for the general good without some begrudging half-wit arriving to announce the scale of their indignation and their overall level of ignorance.

Don't know why anybody would be bothered with ye!

drummed

We don't need anymore bloodsucking english ''property investors'' - of course with every offer comes an entrepreneur who wants his pound of flesh,and that will come in the form of extortionate tax rates for us all...And for what?So single mothers can have more children and live off the state teat,while the father is down the betting shop ladbrokes,smoking cannabis all day and spreading his seed?Is this the rot we want in our society?
Some manner of cull is required for these types methinks.

Watcher2

He chairs a london investment property company and also is in governement - anybody see a conflict of interest here?And who pays these people off - the working class/middle class tax payers...IT IS A SCAM PURE AND SIMPLE.I am a working class tax payer and i pay a LOT of tax already....Why should i be penalised for people who just want to live off welfare and pop out kid after kid with no father in sight,probably a dead beat sh*t smoker spreading his seed...
This is nothing knew. Wasn't James Reilly minister for health while owning/part owning many nursing homes? During that time, nursing homes were in the news big time and a number were closed down. Were any of Mr Reilly's closed down?

and then there are the politicians who are land owners and landlords meanwhile, they legislate in this area all the time.

And those are only two examples of conflicts of interest. Remember Albert Reynolds selling Irish passports for substantial investments in his C&D Foods Ltd business?

raspberry tea

Some manner of cull is required for these types methinks.
The only people that should be culled are half-baked idiots like you - i hear there are a lot of them in stockholm, home to muslim extremism,it seems you cannot seem to get enough of this ''vibrant'' diversity.....Go jump!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies