Of Time and the City

sondagefaux

Watching Terence Davies 'Of Time and the City' on BBC4 just now. A beautiful, elegaic tribute to Liverpool in all its glory and decay, a mixture of his words, poetry, beautiful music and wonderful archive footage, including some incredibly evocative and poignant film from the 1970s which reminded me sometimes of Cork in those days.

I don't know if it's going to be on BBC iPlayer, but even if not, try to find a source and watch it.

Of Time and the City

Mitsui2

Missed most of it but what I saw did indeed look powerful.

(BTW - Just had a look and it's reduced from twenty quid to £7.99 on amazon. Hmmm...)

sondagefaux

Missed most of it but what I saw did indeed look powerful.

(BTW - Just had a look and it's reduced from twenty quid to £7.99 on amazon. Hmmm...)
Worth buying.

I thought it was a new film, but it's actually about 2 years old.

Mar Tweedy

Watching Terence Davies 'Of Time and the City' on BBC4 just now. A beautiful, elegaic tribute to Liverpool in all its glory and decay, a mixture of his words, poetry, beautiful music and wonderful archive footage, including some incredibly evocative and poignant film from the 1970s which reminded me sometimes of Cork in those days.

I don't know if it's going to be on BBC iPlayer, but even if not, try to find a source and watch it.

Of Time and the City
Missed it though saw the earlier programme in the 'up north' series which looked at jobs in the textile industry which was very interesting and evocative.

Even if it's on the iplayer, I can't access that. If you know how to do it with an irish ip will you let me know? Ta!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies