• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Official Cork meeting thread

stannis

This idea fell at the last (and first) hurdle when we tried to set it up recently. I am talking, of course, about a Politics.ie meetup in Cork, in a pub of our choice, for arguments, discussion and drunken cavorting. Our main problem last time was that nobody was going to attend.

So this is an attempt to see who's interested in going to such a meeting this week, probably Thursday night but the details can be ironed out. We need to make a list, people. If you'd be interested in coming along, simply copy the list of names and add your own. All are welcome to attend.

stannis

cropbeye

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I would go along .

But you would need to give people a good dael of notice.

stannis

Re: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

cropbeye said:
I would go along .

But you would need to give people a good dael of notice.
That's what we're trying to do now. In fact the last time we tried to organise a meeting people had plenty of notice (a thread on it had been around for a few weeks) but few people actually confirmed so we ended up with nothing. This is an attempt to get it right this week. As I said, we're proposing Thursday night - maybe around 8pm or so - at a pub in Cork city.

Eirenua

Will attend

stannis

Good, some interest being shown. Keep it up, the more the merrier.

Now, time to talk about the venue. Any opinions on which Cork city centre pub would be best for a P.ie meeting on Thursday night?

easygoing

The Spalpin fanach is roomy and plays decent music. There's plenty of opportunity for groups to converge there.

The Crane Lane is another good spot, with the added advantage of staying open til 2am.

I like Counihans too.

Souths is an excellent spot, always with loads of room, and very luxurious, but not overly pricey either.

I was just thinking stannis, a Thursday night mightn't suit those that have jobs to go to on a Friday morning...

stannis

Thursday seems OK for a lot of people but it can be rescheduled to another night. However I may be away on Friday night so I probably wouldn't be able to go. Spailpin Fanach sounds good enough to me.

stannis

Sorry, but those bracket things are a bit out of order.
You wound me sir... ;)

Is the weekend any good for you? Weekend after next, I mean.
Well it would be better to have something this week as planned. Otherwise we'll just keep delaying it again and again. But it can be done if necessary. We need more input from people interested in going along.

Nedz Newt

I'm committed to a seisiun in the inaptly named Sober Lane (formerly Office Bar) on Thursday, but all the venues mentioned above are within staggering distance, if there's a crew in any of them I'll drop in.

stannis

Good stuff, NN.

Provisional list of those interested (but not confirmed) so far:

stannis
easygoing
cropbey
BuachaillBeo (?)
Eirenua
NN (?)

More please!

stannis

OK, I'll suggest a definite time and place for the meeting this Thursday evening:

Spailpin Fanach, Cork City, at 8 p.m October 25th.

If you're interested in going, please say so on this thread. Directions to the Spailpin Fanach can be given.

easygoing

stannis said:
OK, I'll suggest a definite time and place for the meeting this Thursday evening:

Spailpin Fanach, Cork City, at 8 p.m October 25th.

If you're interested in going, please say so on this thread. Directions to the Spailpin Fanach can be given.
Will be there - if we get more confirmations.

easygoing

Alright Corkonians, last call...

Confirm your intentions to attend (or not attend) the pollynight tonight, please!

riven

what do i look out for at 8 o clock what will you wear etc. Maybe bring a sign??

I will have a cycling helmet and will be there