• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Official . Longford people are the most miserable in the country

Jack O Neill

Those of us unfortunate enough to live near the place have long known it but it now seems to have been confirmed Longford people are the most miserable in the country according to this survey . It certainly is believable , i mean what have they apart from refugees and a decent chip shop.
http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7226504/Revealed-Leitrim-is-Irelands-happiest-county-while-Longford-is-the-most-miserable-place-to-live.htmlnd .

Still Longford tourism are fighting back , i kid you not there is an official Longford tourism office for the poor lost tourists that take a wrong turn in Roscommon i suppose .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbi5FfYLTug

Supra

We all have our problems, but thinking about Longford makes them less painful. I appreciate that.
Longford, you have my appreciation. Good for you.

Polly Ticks

On a happier note, this result will further depress the people of Longford, creating a downward spiral of miserable survey performances from which the county may never escape.

:(

Last edited:

PBP voter

Those of us unfortunate enough to live near the place have long known it but it now seems to have been confirmed Longford people are the most miserable in the country according to this survey . It certainly is believable , i mean what have they apart from refugees and a decent chip shop.
http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7226504/Revealed-Leitrim-is-Irelands-happiest-county-while-Longford-is-the-most-miserable-place-to-live.htmlnd .

Still Longford tourism are fighting back , i kid you not there is an official Longford tourism office for the poor lost tourists that take a wrong turn in Roscommon i suppose .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbi5FfYLTug
What sort of a tramp reads the S*N? You are such a clown.

PBP voter

:roll:

The S*N.

A scummy rag.

Please don't click the link in the OP and give it hits.

Seanie Lemass

There was a Facebook page a few years ago entitled "Turn Longford into a drain".

It was initiated by east Galway people wo thought that be best use of the place after the floods.

I thought it unkind.

Socratus O' Pericles

Come up for the match aSunda an nivir go back, that's what the rest of em did.

Jack O Neill

There was a Facebook page a few years ago entitled "Turn Longford into a drain".

It was initiated by east Galway people wo thought that be best use of the place after the floods.

I thought it unkind.
It is a drain , maybe the meant a bigger one ?

ffc

I left London to live in Longford and now that you can buy decent ale here, I am complete.
I earn a reasonable wage, have a fine big house, with a huge garden. Lovely place to bring up a family.
You lads can struggle in your little boxes, paying a half a million for the next 40 years, commuting through the traffic, battling on your fancy luas, getting elbowed by the nidge and his mates.
Me, I'm grand in this fair county and, sure when the Centerparcs comes you'll all be spending yer hollyers in Ballymahon.

Kershaw

How can they not be happy when it is one of the most enriched counties in the country?
If this were the case, it would defy everything we have been taught about multiculturalism.

midlander12

I thought it unkind.
Longford is pretty flat and boring (I live there!)- however in my view one of the few places in Ireland even more deserving of that description would be East Galway, and it's a heck of a lot wetter too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies