O'Gorman says children under 16 should be able to change their gender

• Thread starter Deleted member 55906
  • Start date

Emily Davison

You’re misreading my post.
Apologies if I did. Could you be clearer in your posts as I’m finding them hard to follow. That’s actually from the beginning when you said you wouldn’t allow your sons into the men’s because of potential male rapists which later you seemed to say was not what you said.

Watcher2

Oh now you really are scraping the barrel.

Obviously someone can plan a killing and have it carried out by someone else. I really didn't think you were so poor at making an actual argument that you can only make it at this level. :rolleyes:
Didn’t you meet Mercurial before?

Emily Davison

And that's exactly what many women in that situation do think.
But I don't think they're right, myself.
I’m more than well aware of it because of my own mother. And the man uses that against her. I had to direct the Gardai once to where my father had his rifle. And their uneducated response was to get my mother and us out of the situation. To defuse the situation, but make the women make all the hard choices, instead of forcing my father out of the situation.

Because it’s easier for the law to wipe their hands of it that way.

EU Insider

It does answer your question.
No, it doesn’t

And, indeed, you have now answered mine - you think domestic violence shelters should be forced to accept transwomen into their accommodation even if it leaves women in need of protection without it due to fear of sharing a dorm with a male.
Sharing a dorm with a trans woman equally in need of protection.

Still, as long as the men are sorted, who cares about the mere females.
The scenario you are desperately trying to avoid responding to had absolutely nothing to do with males.

Strawberry

Noit doesn’t

Sharing a dorm with a trans woman equally in need of protection.

[quoteStill, as long as the men are sorted, who cares about the mere females.
The scenario you are desperately trying to avoid responding to had absolutely nothing to do with males.
[/QUOTE]
Your arguments are as rubbish as your attempts to use the quote function at this stage.

You asked me what transwomen escaping abuse should do. I responded by telling you that existing domestic violence shelters should be able to accommodate them if they feel it appropriate, but they shouldn't be forced to. That's not good enough for you! Can't possibly let women make choices, transphobic bitches that we are.

EU Insider

Your arguments are as rubbish as your attempts to use the quote function at this stage.
This childish crap coming from a moderator? Pathetic.

You asked me what transwomen escaping abuse should do. I responded by telling you that existing domestic violence shelters should be able to accommodate them if they feel it appropriate, but they shouldn't be forced to. That's not good enough for you!
No, it’s not good enough for trans women who find themselves in need of protection from abuse and are denied it because of transphobic decisions to exclude them.

Can't possibly let women make choices, transphobic bitches that we are.
No, my view is that we shouldn’t let transphobic women punish trans women in need of protection simply because they are trans.

Strawberry

This childish crap coming from a moderator? Pathetic.

No, it’s not good enough for trans women who find themselves in need of protection from abuse and are denied it because of transphobic decisions to exclude them.

No, my view is that we shouldn’t let transphobic women punish trans women in need of protection simply because they are trans.
Your view, such as it is, reminds me of the anti-abortion crowd. We must prevent women from exercising any choice otherwise, being women, they will kill babies willy nilly and we'll all go to hell in a handbasket.

You want the law to coerce women into accepting transwomen into every domestic violence shelter in the country. Otherwise, being women, they will exclude transwomen willy nilly and we'll all go to transphobic hell in a handbasket.

There's not much to choose between your mindset and theirs, even though the politics are different.

Emily Davison

They have cubicles all in the same room, do you think a cubicle is enough to stop an assault if so there can be no issue of female toilets as they all have cubicles .
So there is no such thing as men and women changing together In the same area as you implied.

I have stated on numerous occasions that I don’t have any issue with shared toilets. Because of cubicles. I find it hard to believe you’ve nit seen those posts.

Would you or your wife have an issue undressing in a room with men?

EU Insider

Your view, such as it is, reminds me of the anti-abortion crowd. We must prevent women from exercising any choice otherwise, being women, they will kill babies willy nilly and we'll all go to hell in a handbasket.
Hysterical nonsense. It is nothing about preventing woman making any choices other than to be transphobic and exclude trans women in need of protection.

You want the law to coerce women into accepting transwomen into every domestic violence shelter in the country. Otherwise, being women, they will exclude transwomen willy nilly and we'll all go to transphobic hell in a handbasket.
No, I want the law to protect trans women from transphobic policies which deny them the protection from abuse that they need when they need it.

There's not much to choose between your mindset and theirs, even though the politics are different.
Complete crap.

Rural

I don’t see how you can be coming at anything from a feminist view point given what you said about feminists later in the thread. But maybe I’m once again misunderstanding you,
You once again misunderstand and haven’t even read properly what I wrote.

I’m not going to explain any more. I’m tired.

Strawberry

Hysterical nonsense. It is nothing about preventing woman making any choices other than to be transphobic and exclude trans women in need of protection.
Excluding males from domestic violence shelters is not transphobic. They are not being excluded because they are trans but because they are male and the presence of a male could, in many cases, negatively impact on the ability of vulnerable women to access help.

No, I want the law to protect trans women from transphobic policies which deny them the protection from abuse that they need when they need it.
The law can find a way to protect transwomen from abuse without taking existing rights away from the most vulnerable women in society.

Complete crap.
Face facts. You wouldn't object to women having the right to choose who stays in a domestic violence shelter if you trusted us to make choices that suit your politics. Your need to see the law coerce women in this context is based purely on a negative view of women. Ironically, the reality in the current climate would be that most shelters would accept transwomen, with only a small minority of shelters available for those who need a female only space to heal.

In Canada, there is only one female only shelter left in the whole country, and trans activists can't even leave that one shelter alone.

Emily Davison

You once again misunderstand and haven’t even read properly what I wrote.

I’m not going to explain any more. I’m tired.
I realised that so I deleted it so apologies for that. Entirely my fault. But I don’t apologise if your posts aren’t clear and I don’t understand them.

EU Insider

Excluding males from domestic violence shelters is not transphobic.
Excluding trans women who are victims of domestic violence from from domestic violence shelters because they are trans is transphobic.

They are not being excluded because they are trans but because they are male and the presence of a male could, in many cases, negatively impact on the ability of vulnerable women to access help.
They are being excluded because they are trans women - that’s transphobic.

The law can find a way to protect transwomen from abuse without taking existing rights away from the most vulnerable women in society.
Indeed the law can by not discriminating against trans women. Nobody loses rights in that situation.

Face facts. You wouldn't object to women having the right to choose who stays in a domestic violence shelter if you trusted us to make choices that suit your politics. Your need to see the law coerce women in this context is based purely on a negative view of women.
Desperately grasping at the usual tactics of transphobic women now - trying to paint those who stand up for trans women as being misogynists.

Ironically, the reality in the current climate would be that most shelters would accept transwomen, with only a small minority of shelters available for those who need a female only space to heal.
Which is of little use to a trans woman subject to abuse who is excluded from accessing shelter from that abuse.

In Canada, there is only one female only shelter left in the whole country, and trans activists can't even leave that one shelter alone.
Yes, because only a little bit of racism is ok. Only a little bit of homophobia is ok. Only a little bit of transphobia is ok too.
Oh, no, wait, it’s not ok.

Strawberry

Excluding trans women who are victims of domestic violence from from domestic violence shelters because they are trans is transphobic.

They are being excluded because they are trans women - that’s transphobic.

Indeed the law can by not discriminating against trans women. Nobody loses rights in that situation.

Desperately grasping at the usual tactics of transphobic women now - trying to paint those who stand up for trans women as being misogynists.

Which is of little use to a trans woman subject to abuse who is excluded from accessing shelter from that abuse.

Yes, because only a little bit of racism is ok. Only a little bit of homophobia is ok. Only a little bit of transphobia is ok too.
Oh, no, wait, it’s not ok.
Here's another similarity between you and those who wanted to keep the 8th amendment - the delusional basis of your beliefs. In their case, their delusion is that there is no difference between a fertilized egg and a new born baby. In yours, that a transwoman is female. That there is no difference between a man who presents as feminine and an actual female.

Of course, yet another similarity between you is that you are both wrong and your delusion won't stand the test of time any more than theirs did, despite the fact that it's currently in fashion.

EU Insider

Here's another similarity between you and those who wanted to keep the 8th amendment - the delusional basis of your beliefs. In their case, their delusion is that there is no difference between a fertilized egg and a new born baby. In yours, that a transwoman is female. That there is no difference between a man who presents as feminine and an actual female.
It is hugely unedifying to witness someone such as yourself so desperately and poorly trying to tarnish someone standing up against your blatant transphobia by reaching a seemingly endless depth of bizarrely illogical comparisons with groups such as conservative catholics - who I’m of no doubt hold the exact same transphobic view of trans people that you do.

Of course, yet another similarity between you is that you are both wrong and your delusion won't stand the test of time any more than theirs did, despite the fact that it's currently in fashion.
In the same what that deep seeded institutional misogyny was once accepted ,and now isn’t, in the same way that homophobia was once the norm, and now isn’t, your equally backward transphobia will too become wholly unacceptable.

To turn your nonsense comparisons with pro-lifers against you, you know that too and that’s why people you, like they, are making so much noise now.

Strawberry

It is hugely unedifying to witness someone such as yourself so desperately and poorly trying to tarnish someone standing up against your blatant transphobia by reaching a seemingly endless depth of bizarrely illogical comparisons with groups such as conservative catholics - who I’m of no doubt hold the exact same transphobic view of trans people that you do.

In the same what that deep seeded institutional misogyny was once accepted ,and now isn’t, in the same way that homophobia was once the norm, and now isn’t, your equally backward transphobia will too become wholly unacceptable.

To turn your nonsense comparisons with pro-lifers against you, you know that too and that’s why people you, like they, are making so much noise now.
Again, your entire characterisation of "transphobia" is based on the delusion that transwomen are female. Once a person drops that delusion, it's very easy to see why women's domestic violence shelters should have the freedom to choose whether they admit transwomen into their refuges.

However, if you're so far into that delusion that you defend the spiteful persecution of the Vancouver Rape Relief refuge, I don't imagine you'll ever snap out of it. Misogyny does weird things to a man.

EU Insider

Again, your entire characterisation of "transphobia" is based on the delusion that transwomen are female.
My entire characterisation of yours transphobia is based on your many posts here which evidence it.
My characterisation of transphobia is based on decisions and actions which diminish trans people’s access to equality and respect based on them being trans.

Once a person drops that delusion, it's very easy to see why women's domestic violence shelters should have the freedom to choose whether they admit transwomen into their refuges.
Indeed, and once one accepts racism one can easily see why Rosa Parks should have given up her seat, or had the Stonewall rioters should have just accept police Homophobia.

However, if you're so far into that delusion that you defend the spiteful persecution of the Vancouver Rape Relief refuge, I don't imagine you'll ever snap out of it. Misogyny does weird things to a man.
Your rampant transphobia has made you become a very nasty contributor to this thread, the idea that challenging discrimination is a bad thing in your view simply because it challenges your own transphobic position, is haltingly ridiculous.

Further to that, having dug yourself so deeply into a hole of defending discrimination, you literally have nothing to defend yourself with other than to embarrassingly try to deflect accuse those who challenge it of misogyny, which is quite pathetic. Even more so as I actively campaigned against those you are so desperately trying to insult me by associating me with! 😂

As I said, you have far more in common with those people than I do, as they are as intolerant as you are.

Strawberry

My entire characterisation of yours transphobia is based on your many posts here which evidence it.
My characterisation of transphobia is based on decisions and actions which diminish trans people’s access to equality and respect based on them being trans.

Indeed, and once one accepts racism one can easily see why Rosa Parks should have given up her seat, or had the Stonewall rioters should have just accept police Homophobia.

Your rampant transphobia has made you become a very nasty contributor to this thread, the idea that challenging discrimination is a bad thing in your view simply because it challenges your own transphobic position, is haltingly ridiculous.

Further to that, having dug yourself so deeply into a hole of defending discrimination, you literally have nothing to defend yourself with other than to embarrassingly try to deflect accuse those who challenge it of misogyny, which is quite pathetic. Even more so as I actively campaigned against those you are so desperately trying to insult me by associating me with! 😂

As I said, you have far more in common with those people than I do, as they are as intolerant as you are.
Transwomen are male, Cookie. They are your brothers and if you had any motivation to stand up for what's right you would be doing everything in your power to ensure that gender non-conforming men were safe and welcome in the male spaces where they have every right to be.

Instead you have chosen to insult and gaslight women, because you instinctively find it more natural to bully women than to stand up for what's right. In the 1950s your type were on board with the Magdalene laundries, in the 1980s with banning of abortion. In the 2020s there's a new breed of religious dogma that you use to bully women, but it's just same man, different hat.

EU Insider

Transwomen are male, Cookie.
Trans women are trans women. And I’m not your cookie. Quit trying to be patronising.

They are your brothers and if you had any motivation to stand up for what's right you would be doing everything in your power to ensure that gender non-conforming men were safe and welcome in the male spaces where they have every right to be.
Yes, indeed I should ceed to your transphobia. As black people should ceed to racism and gay people to homophobia. That’s a perfectly logical argument... 🙄

Instead you have chosen to insult and gaslight women, because you instinctively find it more natural to bully women than to stand up for what's right.
The only person gaslighting here is you. You have literally nothing of substance to defend your own transphobia other than to pathetically try to make out those who challenge you are misogynistic.

In the 1950s your type were on board with the Magdalene laundries, in the 1980s with banning of abortion. In the 2020s there's a new breed of religious dogma that you use to bully women, but it's just same man, different hat.
Once again, you, not I, have far more in common with the fervent conservatives you’re desperately trying to make me out to be. You are both equally intolerant, equally illogical in defending their intolerance, and equally as nasty about it too.

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom