• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ógra - Future TD's

BunnyBoiler

Okay, seen as the YFG'ers have their own thread on this... who currently involved in Ógra either at national, local or college level stands out to be a would be TD?
Not just in the next election but also those who should be watched later on?
Michael Shovlin is bound to be in a Donegal melting pot at some stage - he definitely has the caliber...but who else?

brenners

Where has Rosin Tirney Crowe gone. I always liked that girl.

brenners

Not too sure where Rosín is gone prob back to Tip.
Averil Power was another who reaked of ambition
Averil is working for Mary Haniffin, I also liked her too, she was very capable when we were both involved in student politics, got on pretty well with each other. Another who was pretty good was Marguritte Fitzpatrick. God there was alot of FF'ers around at that time. Dereck Swan from DCU also always gave the impression he would go places in FF.

BarryW

Averil Power was another who reaked of ambition
Ah yes - an old college foe of LucindaCreighton.

Power hasn't been up to much since though

[Edited on 6/1/2005 by BarryW]

brenners

[quote:m6dy5834]Averil Power was another who reaked of ambition
Ah yes - an old college foe of LucindaCreighton.

Power hasn't been up to much since though
[/quote:m6dy5834]

Since leaving college, after being president of Trinity SU, she has been working in the Dail fulltime for Hannifin, she is a good person and I think she is going to go serious places. I do have a lot of respect for her abilities.

BarryW

Since leaving college, after being president of Trinity SU, she has been working in the Dail fulltime for Hannifin, she is a good person and I think she is going to go serious places. I do have a lot of respect for her abilities
What do you think of her rabid pro-life views??

She would make Mary Hanafin's father Des, or even Dana, blush

CJH

What do you think of her rabid pro-life views??

She would make Mary Hanafin's father Des, or even Dana, blush
Your ignorance knows no bounds, does it?

Averil is actually believed to have quite strongly pro-choice views, which she expressed on occasion within OgraFF but mostly keeps quiet about. Your mention of Creigthton reminds me of the disgraceful time before the Abortion referendum that FG and Lab bandied together, led by Creighton, to smear Averil when she was head of the TCD SU, by claiming that she was trying to force a pro-life position on the SU, when she was trying (and succeeded) to keep the union completely neutral. Of my four years in college politics, I can say without any question that was the nastiest and most unpleasant time that I experienced.

[Edited on 6/1/2005 by CJH]

Conor

I also feel Eamonn O' O Lionann, a fine speaker and a fellow UCD man, will have a bright future ahead of him, especially when the party moves North. He has great oratory skills, which shone when he single handedly took Jeffrey Donaldson apart 2 years ago at the northern ireland debate. Good on ye Eamonn!

Eamonn O'Lionnain, pictured looking forward to a bright future on election posters the length and breadth of the six counties.

brenners

I also feel Eamonn O' O Lionann, a fine speaker and a fellow UCD man, will have a bright future ahead of him, especially when the party moves North. He has great oratory skills, which shone when he single handedly took Jeffrey Donaldson apart 2 years ago at the northern ireland debate. Good on ye Eamonn!
When speaking Irish I would agree but he gets a bit dodgy when asked to spek in English. Starts to speak in morse code. Nice bloke though, he is from Donegal so why would he have to more North Shane?

brenners

No no Brenners, you have not understood my FF lingo, after all we all talk in morse code after all apparently...

I meant it that when FF organises in the North he has good prospects for possibly running in a Northern election for FF I feel.
I understood you Shane just wonderd why he just wouldnt run in Donegal. Was gonna say it might not work to bring a Southern person in, but suppose it did Pat Doherty no harm.
My bit about morse code was about his stutter, which goes away when he speaks Irish. I think he is more comfortable in his native tounge.
I do agree though, he will run at some stage. Do you know if Derek Swan who was president of DCU three years ago is still about in FF. The was a group of 5 FF SU presidents at the time and they all looked capable of going on to stand in election, the name of the president of Maynooth at the time wont come to me but he was FF too.

DOD

Well if Cathal Crowe ever runs, I'm going up to Clare and starting a crusade to make certain sure he is never elected. Knowing my luck he'll top the bloody poll.:mad:

Shane

Website
www.ucc.ie
Anthony Kelly - Kerry South...a born politician if ever there was one.

Joe Griffin - Kerry North / Cork North Central...again a very clever man.

Emmet O Halloran - Cork South Central

thegeneral

There are a number of good future candidates in Donegal. Cllr. Brian O'Domhnaill would have to be the frontrunner for Pat the Cope's seat when he retires. Tiernan Brady would also make an excellent candidate. There is also a new Ogra Cllr. on Letterkenny TC who could be a future candidate if Jim McDaid doesn't run. In Dublin I would expect Cormac Devlin to appear on a ballot paper in the near future. In Galway John Connolly had a great achievement to top the poll in the west ward and must be seen as a future contender for a nomination. In the run for John Ellis' seat should he retire would be Cllr. Sinead Guckian and Ellis' daughter. There's also a young Cllr newly elected on either Loughrea or Ballinasloe TC who is from HQ and would be a future contender in Galway East.

s

Website
www.ucd.ie
What about Gregg O'Neill or any of the other current UCD crop
will there be any FF TDs in the future? (wishful thinking)

Gael

[quote:3gnjfs15]I also feel Eamonn O' O Lionann, a fine speaker and a fellow UCD man, will have a bright future ahead of him, especially when the party moves North. He has great oratory skills, which shone when he single handedly took Jeffrey Donaldson apart 2 years ago at the northern ireland debate. Good on ye Eamonn!

Eamonn O'Lionnain, pictured looking forward to a bright future on election posters the length and breadth of the six counties. [/quote:3gnjfs15]

He's a sexy bastard! Leaves JFK in the ha'penny place for charisma.

blue33

[quote:1pk5fcwt]I also feel Eamonn O' O Lionann, a fine speaker and a fellow UCD man, will have a bright future ahead of him, especially when the party moves North. He has great oratory skills, which shone when he single handedly took Jeffrey Donaldson apart 2 years ago at the northern ireland debate. Good on ye Eamonn!

Eamonn O'Lionnain, pictured looking forward to a bright future on election posters the length and breadth of the six counties. [/quote:1pk5fcwt]

i knew FF based their policies on ideas they saw in the goonies, but this is ridiculous.