Oh dear, Arlene and DUP in trouble again over £34,000 golden handshake

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Well in fairness to Arlene and the DUP they'd give Fianna Fail a good run for it when it comes to cronyism and hand outs to themselves and their close friends. The woman who gave us the RHI scandal, turns out her special adviser got £34,000 golden handshake under suspicious circumstances. Does this make it even harder for SF, SDLP, Alliance etc to now go back into the Assembly with Foster like a bull in a China shop ?

Arlene Foster’s ex-Spad got £34k after he told department he quit to campaign for the DUP

https://inews.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/arlene-fosters-ex-spad-got-34k-after-he-told-department-he-quit-to-campaign-for-the-dup/

vivabrigada

Arlene Foster’s former special adviser gave his department a different explanation for his resignation than the one which he gave to the public – allowing him to get a £34,000 golden handshake, it can be revealed.

Internal departmental correspondence released to this newspaper show that at the point last year when officials had only seen Andrew Crawford’s public statement about his decision to resign their assumption appears to have been that he should receive no severance payment – seemingly because they believed he was quitting over the RHI scandal.

However, when they later saw his resignation letter, which said that he was instead resigning to campaign for the DUP – one of four instances which would qualify him for severance pay – they changed their minds and approved the lump sum payment.

Unbelievable.

vivabrigada

Not really unbelievable at all. I wouldn't put anything past the DUP in terms of corruption since Paisley Senior left the helm.
I agree but the astonishing thing is they should have been ultra cautious on anything RHI related since the scandal broke.

between the bridges

the penultimate sentence of his resignation statement mentioned that “I will continue to offer my full support to the party and intend to campaign for the election of the strongest DUP representation in the next Assembly”,

In a letter on the same day as his public statement. he said: “As you are aware a Northern Ireland Assembly election has been called for the 2 March and I intend to help the party in the Assembly election campaign….I tender my resignation with effect from today.”

34k for a bit of word play, nice work if ye can get...

GDPR

I agree but the astonishing thing is they should have been ultra cautious on anything RHI related since the scandal broke.
They just whip up a bit of the old tribalist fury and it wont effect them that much. Arlene is an even worse leader than I thought she would be which is really saying something.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Not really unbelievable at all. I wouldn't put anything past the DUP in terms of corruption since Paisley Senior left the helm.
Yep as stated they'd give Fianna Fail a good run for it. Maybe the unionist vote won't leave unionism, but surely some onionists must be questioning voting for the DUP as long as she is around ?

GDPR

Yep as stated they'd give Fianna Fail a good run for it. Maybe the unionist vote won't leave unionism, but surely some onionists must be questioning voting for the DUP as long as she is around ?
The DUP are much more corrupt than Fianna Fail ever was. They would give Nigeria a good run for it. During the last period of Paisley Senior's reign the DUP were moving away from tribalist trolling, however as the real and total corruption set in under Peter Robinson they went back to it in order to keep people focused on themuns instead of what is actually going on within Political Unionism, and this trend has if anything grown significantly worse under Arlene. I don't see this changing unfortunately.

Strawberry

I've said it before - Bertie Aherne in a skirt.

And there are still fools who vote for FF, even after their wink and nod approach crashed the national economy, so I don't doubt there will be eejits queueing up at the next election to vote DUP.

GDPR

I'm not saying that they weren't corrupt under Paisley Mor, just that it was held somewhat in check.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
I've said it before - Bertie Aherne in a skirt.

And there are still fools who vote for FF, even after their wink and nod approach crashed the national economy, so I don't doubt there will be eejits queueing up at the next election to vote DUP.
Unfortunately I have to agree, just like the vegetables that vote FF down here even if they went and nuked the country.

PBP voter

Does it matter?

Its a sectarian hate count society.

DUP Vote

Westminster 2015:25.7%

Westminster 2017: 36%

PBP voter

Unfortunately I have to agree, just like the vegetables that vote FF down here even if they went and nuked the country.
And support Liverpool.

Great to see the ************************************s get stuffed on Sat. Karius petunia

redneck

And support Liverpool.

Great to see the ************************************s get stuffed on Sat. Karius petunia
Says the "man of the people". LOL. No wonder PBP are about 3% in the polls- when they obviously despise the Irish working man (and woman).

Mickeymac

Arlene Foster’s former special adviser gave his department a different explanation for his resignation than the one which he gave to the public – allowing him to get a £34,000 golden handshake, it can be revealed.

Internal departmental correspondence released to this newspaper show that at the point last year when officials had only seen Andrew Crawford’s public statement about his decision to resign their assumption appears to have been that he should receive no severance payment – seemingly because they believed he was quitting over the RHI scandal.

However, when they later saw his resignation letter, which said that he was instead resigning to campaign for the DUP – one of four instances which would qualify him for severance pay – they changed their minds and approved the lump sum payment.

Unbelievable.

If investigative journos could track down the DUP's top moneyman advisor, it's all over for them, cops need to be looking there also.

Mickeymac

They just whip up a bit of the old tribalist fury and it wont effect them that much. Arlene is an even worse leader than I thought she would be which is really saying something.

Only an onionist would say such a thing Ratio:lol:

GDPR

Only an onionist would say such a thing Ratio:lol:
The thing is that Fleggory Campbell would have been a better leader and also the way he would have gone about messing things up would have been a lot more objectively comical to watch- I said that at the time when she took the office. When Fleggory Campbell would have been better than you, well now...

former wesleyan

£34 grand would only buy a half decent set of wheels.

New Threads