Oireachtas Christmas & New Year Recess

Hardball

It just been announced that the Oireachtas will be in recess from Thursday 16th Dec until Jan 19th.

Jayus wept!

stripey cat

So, read the budget.

Cut Social Welfare and rent supplement.

Go on a month's holiday.

Sounds like a plan.

Baztard

No surprise. The FF/Green b*stards will no doubt be using the time wisely in preparing for the election and trtying to save as many of their seats as possible. Some hope.

Chrisco

This is unbelievable.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

OceanFrog

I heard both Paul Gogarty and Eamon Ryan saying there would be a shorter Christmas recess this year in order to get the budget through. They also said there would be a GE in January.

Looks like neither of those things will happen.

FF are making the Greens look like fools. Payback for them pulling out perhaps? I cant figure out why the Greens are putting up with this. Its very damaging to them.

Chrisco

I am actually so angry that I think I couldn't be held responsible for my actions if I met a FFail or Glasraí TD right now.

Baztard

I heard both Paul Gogarty and Eamon Ryan saying there would be a shorter Christmas recess this year in order to get the budget through. They also said there would be a GE in January.

Looks like neither of those things will happen.

FF are making the Greens look like fools. Payback for them pulling out perhaps? I cant figure out why the Greens are putting up with this. Its very damaging to them.
FF are not making the Greens look like fools, they are fools.

eoghanacht

Admit it none of us are really surprised, wait til the reports of Ministerial garda drivers being used as taxis for their drinking buddies then we can get really angry.

Did any of the opposition speak against a months break during a national crisis?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
This is where Sinn Féin need to get back up to the plate again.. beg Finian Mc Grath and Maureen O Sullivan to back a private members motion calling on all members of the Dáil to be back at their desks on Tuesday the 4th of January, like the vast vast majority of the public and private sector will be .... call on Dáil members to work the same as the people paying their wages..

Make the Dáil vote on it.. and lets see the real cut of the jib of the Greens.. as well as FG and Labour..

How can these b'stards get the country back to work.. when they won't go to work themselves ?

Cocktail

Was that officially announced? I'm just about to draft (another) indignant Mail to my local FF TD's and senators. Want make sure I'm right first.

PUFF DADDY

Green's latest response re Jan GE:

"It's a balancing act," one Green source said. "We said what we said but we didn't mean to be taken too literally. But that doesn't mean we'll let Brigid's Day become Patrick's Day and on and on."

You really could not make this up FFS

Couglan yesterday -

"The Greens had mooted the idea of the Dail returning from its Christmas break before the scheduled date of January 19 to pass legislation such as the Finance Bill but Tanaiste Mary Coughlan yesterday refused to give a return date.

Ms Coughlan also refused to say exactly when the Finance Bill will be published, insisting it would be after Christmas."

GIVE US OUR ELECTION FFS

The thoughts of waiting until Mar/Apr is unbearable !!!

link: Push for an early election backfires on Greens - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

OceanFrog

Dan Boyle tweeted this about 5 hrs ago ...

"@richardtol Love your independent analysis Richard. Election will happen once the Finance Bill is passed. Late January/February. No later."

Problem is Danny Boy has cried wolf too often in the past to be believed now.

Hewson

If these dates are correct I'll be waiting with bated breath for FG and Labour to put it up to the Greens to demand a shorter recess. My guess is that they're all quite happy to take a long break. FF is the prisoner in the dungeon waiting to walk the Green Mile.

The Greens are well down the walkway to the same fate.

Fianna Fáil with 20 seats. Think about it. God, it's wonderful!

Gryire

It just been announced that the Oireachtas will be in recess from Thursday 16th Dec until Jan 19th.

Jayus wept!
Cowen needs to push GE until April so he can get full Taoiseach's Pension.

New Threads

Most Replies