Ok to call DUP dinosaurs

PeacefulViking

The speaker of the House of Commons has ruled that it is not unparliamentary to call the DUP dinosaurs, after the Green MP Caroline Lucas so described them.

The Speaker also told Jeffrey Donaldson that

Let me say two things in response to the, I am sure, sincere point of order from the right hon. Gentleman. First, the use of the word in question is not unparliamentary; it is a matter of taste as to its desirability or otherwise. Secondly, I know how robust a character the right hon. Gentleman is, and I would simply say that the word in question refers to a species that survived for many, many millions of years.
Given the creationist leanings of some of the DUP I wonder if the Speaker was poking a little fun at the DUP himself.

The Herren

The speaker of the House of Commons has ruled that it is not unparliamentary to call the DUP dinosaurs, after the Green MP Caroline Lucas so described them.

Given the creationist leanings of some of the DUP I wonder if the Speaker was poking a little fun at the DUP himself.
This smarmy little jumped up Arch Bigot should be happy to be labelled a dinosaur. The Speaker's description flattered him. He has the same blood on his hands as the now thankfully deceased Father of All Bigots, good old Rev, Ian

Hunter-Gatherer

Crocodiles are dinosaurs. And they can give you a nasty nip if you are not breeding fast enough.

occams_butterknife

It does seem a little cruel.. what with dinosaurs being a bit of a sore point among creationists.

This is what makes it so perfect :cool:

Hunter-Gatherer

in fairness to their creationist credentials, many of the DUP look un-evolved . Dragging their knuckles into Stormont and frowning their prominent brow-ridge at all and sundry

james toney

Calling the DUP 'Dinosaurs' is very lenient.

Levellers

To be fair to the DUP/UDA they initially denied dinosaurs ever existed but they now know that they were on Earth in 4004BC when God invented the world.

james toney

This wikipedia edit was funny.

Hunter-Gatherer

Ramon Mercadar

SF Crocs eat the dinosaurs!

raetsel

Of course he was.
It sounds like you are not Irish or British, and don't get the nuances....................

PeaceGoalie

It is unParliamentary. But then again the only person who ever entered Parliament with good intentions was Guy Fawkes, a Catholic.
After the DUP win out, Sinn Fein should be in there warming their hypocritical cockles

Ardillaun

I prefer trilobite. Its sounds like a biblical tribe and would have behaved more like a dupper as well.

Last edited:

firefly123

The DUP negotiating team's trump card

former wesleyan

How many eggs do these dinosaurs lay ?

mangaire2

Ok to call DUP dinosaurs ?

no - it's not ok.
it's very unfair to them.
very unfair to the Dinosaurs, I mean.

New Threads

Popular Threads