Olaf Tyransen Stepping Aside From Hot Press To Deal With Very Serious Allegations!

General Urko

gijoe

Didn't he run in an election on a cannabis/drugs legalisation ticket?

Mushroom

Found the allegations easily enough online.

How can one clear one's name when one's accuser is dead?

Niall996

If there's one thing I've always destested it's the Hot Press rag. I think thy sell something derisiory like 19K copies a month.

General Urko

If there's one thing I've always destested it's the Hot Press rag. I think thy sell something derisiory like 19K copies a month.
I always thought it was an excellent publication and a real breadth of fresh air when I was a teenager in a 4th world shytehole!

General Urko

If one's accuser has passed on, you won't be legally held account for what allegedly happened, surely?

hollandia

A statement was given to the guards on November 17 by Ms Lee. Therefore it is already in the system. I'm sure AGS, and then the DPP, and then the courts will decide on his good name.

hollandia

Good question.

Is a charge of murder the only one that doesn't require the 'complainant' to be alive?
Nope. The "complainant" is the state in criminal cases. Evidence of a crime is enough to prosecute, regardless of the status of the victim. Even more so if the victim - as in this case - has given a statement to Gardaí prior to dying.

Sync

Nope. The "complainant" is the state in criminal cases. Evidence of a crime is enough to prosecute, regardless of the status of the victim. Even more so if the victim - as in this case - has given a statement to Gardaí prior to dying.
It’s just a statement. It wouldn’t be allowed as evidence without a chance for the accused to challenge it. There’s no witnesses, there’s no prospect of a conviction. Wouldn’t even go to jury, shouldn’t see the inside of a court room.

hollandia

It’s just a statement. It wouldn’t be allowed as evidence without a chance for the accused to challenge it. There’s no witnesses, there’s no prospect of a conviction. Wouldn’t even go to jury, shouldn’t see the inside of a court room.
If the police interviewed her for six hours, I'm sure they're taking it seriously. Anyway that's besides the point, which was that the "victim" doesn't have to be alive for a prosecution to take place.

Sync

If the police interviewed her for six hours, I'm sure they're taking it seriously. Anyway that's besides the point, which was that the "victim" doesn't have to be alive for a prosecution to take place.
You can view things seriously while still being realistic. There’s no prospect of charges being brought. It’s legally possible to continue without a complaining witness. It’s clearly not possible in this case.

D

Deleted member 51920

You can view things seriously while still being realistic. There’s no prospect of charges being brought. It’s legally possible to continue without a complaining witness. It’s clearly not possible in this case.
Unless other women come forward of course - it doesn't usually happen in ones

Niall996

The Rory Best thread legal experts all heading over here as the Jackosn rape case falls apart.

General Urko

The Rory Best thread legal experts all heading over here as the Jackosn rape case falls apart.
Is The Jackson 4 Case falling apart?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies