• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

PBP voter

"Sean MacEntree" typical of the thick illiterate stupid bast@rd :lol: :lol: Your good for a laugh baldy I'll give you that :lol:
I copied and pasted it from another web page. :)

Tumblr

Good old John F. The little angry keyboard warrior. :roll:

Glenshane4

The emergence of the old-style, kill the brits, defend the catholics, provos came as a relief to them.
What could be wrong with defending the Catholics? What did YOU do to defend the Catholics? If, as I suspect, you did nothing, why do you pass judgement on those who did? Why can you Staters neither put up nor shut up?

Glenshane4

@2.38 old IRA veterans give their opinion on the issue.

The Old IRA react to the Provisional IRA

“I’m not going to criticise men who are fighting…”
- Martin Walton(I believe he was the founder of Waltons music shop in Dublin)

“I don’t agree with the tactics… I don’t agree with them. Too many innocent people getting knocked out.”
- Matt Flood

“I cannot stand it. I have no sympathy with it in any shape or form.”
- R. McCorley

“They should never have been allowed to call themselves IRA men at all…”
Vinny Byrne

“They are preventing the ultimate Union of the Irish people… Hearts and minds… We have two traditions and they must be welded…”
- Sean MacEntree
Were any of these people living under Prod tyranny? Why are their opinions considered relevant?

PBP voter

You'd last years on hunger strike ya fat bald four eyed c*nt :lol:
Im not any of those nor am I am even close to 55.

What would Tony say?

diy01

@2.38 old IRA veterans give their opinion on the issue.

The Old IRA react to the Provisional IRA

“I’m not going to criticise men who are fighting…”
- Martin Walton(I believe he was the founder of Waltons music shop in Dublin)

“I don’t agree with the tactics… I don’t agree with them. Too many innocent people getting knocked out.”
- Matt Flood

“I cannot stand it. I have no sympathy with it in any shape or form.”
- R. McCorley

“They should never have been allowed to call themselves IRA men at all…”
Vinny Byrne

“They are preventing the ultimate Union of the Irish people… Hearts and minds… We have two traditions and they must be welded…”
- Sean MacEntree
Thanks very much for sharing that with us! Very interesting.

During the Border Campaign the IRA flying column men apparently wore military uniforms with tricolour patches to conform to the Geneva Convention ffs. And that campaign was mad (and included bombings), but it wasn't as cruel and callous as the Provos' decades of futile violence.

Antóin Mac Comháin

Thanks very much for sharing that with us! Very interesting.

During the Border Campaign the IRA flying column men apparently wore military uniforms with tricolour patches to conform to the Geneva Convention ffs. And that campaign was mad (and included bombings), but it wasn't as cruel and callous as the Provos' decades of futile violence.
Some Provisional's wore identifying tags in the 70's. I think Francis Hughes was one who did so? I dunno. Would that not be a bit self-defeating, in the same way it would have been self-defeating for Vinny Byrne to wear identifying tags on Bloody Sunday?

PBP voter

If the Brits hadn't shot that ************************************ Joe McCann the PIRA would have.

Antóin Mac Comháin

If the Brits hadn't shot that ************************************ Joe McCann the PIRA would have.
Did the inquest into his death not determine that his death had been in breach of the terms of the Geneva Convention, and the recognized code of conduct during conflict? That is an admission that they were at war in Ireland, but if they weren't at war with the Irish State, who collaborated with them, who and what were they at war with?

michael-mcivor

There are two x brit Soldiers in Court at the moment for their execution of Joe McCann- Gerry Adams was a Godfather to one of Joes sons so I don’t know where your rubbish comes from-

PBP voter

There are two x brit Soldiers in Court at the moment for their execution of Joe McCann- Gerry Adams was a Godfather to one of Joes sons so I don’t know where your rubbish comes from-
The PIRA killed loads of OIRA.

Friday 31 October 1975
Seamus McCusker, a senior member of Provisional Sinn Féin (SF), was shot dead by the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) on the New Lodge Road, Belfast. Both these killings were part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

Monday 3 November 1975
James Fogarty (22), who had been a Republican Clubs member, was shot dead at his home in Ballymurphy, Belfast, by members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA). This killing was part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

Sunday 9 November 1975
John Kelly (19), then a member of the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA), was shot dead by the Provisional IRA (PIRA) in the New Lodge area of Belfast. This killing was part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

Tuesday 11 November 1975
Four men were killed in the continuing feud between the two wings of the Irish Republican Army (IRA).

Wednesday 12 November 1975
Michael Duggan (32), then Chairman of the Falls Road Taxi Association, was shot dead in Hawthorne Street, Belfast, by members of the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA). This killing was part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

michael-mcivor

The PIRA killed loads of OIRA.

Friday 31 October 1975
Seamus McCusker, a senior member of Provisional Sinn Féin (SF), was shot dead by the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) on the New Lodge Road, Belfast. Both these killings were part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

Monday 3 November 1975
James Fogarty (22), who had been a Republican Clubs member, was shot dead at his home in Ballymurphy, Belfast, by members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA). This killing was part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

Sunday 9 November 1975
John Kelly (19), then a member of the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA), was shot dead by the Provisional IRA (PIRA) in the New Lodge area of Belfast. This killing was part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.

Tuesday 11 November 1975
Four men were killed in the continuing feud between the two wings of the Irish Republican Army (IRA).

Wednesday 12 November 1975
Michael Duggan (32), then Chairman of the Falls Road Taxi Association, was shot dead in Hawthorne Street, Belfast, by members of the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA). This killing was part of the continuing feud between the two wings of the IRA.
75- you were on about the Provos going after Joe McCann in 72- if the Brits had not have killed him the feud could have been avoided three years later-

PBP voter

75- you were on about the Provos going after Joe McCann in 72- if the Brits had not have killed him the feud could have been avoided three years later-
They wrere fighting in 71.

If the PIRA had the chance they would have shot McCann.

Monday 8 March 1971
Members of the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) engaged in a gun battle with members of the Provisional IRA (PIRA). The feud between the two wings of the IRA had been developing ever since the Republic movement split on 11 January 1970.

Monday 19 June 1972
Desmond Mackin (37), a Catholic civilian, was shot dead by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) in the Cracked Cup Social Club, Leeson Street, Lower Falls, Belfast. Mackin was involved in an altercation with PIRA members, part of an feud between the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) and the Provisionals.

Friday 21 July 1972
Joseph Rosato (59), a Catholic civilian, was shot dead by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) at his home, Deerpark Road, Belfast. Rosato was the father of the intended target and the killing was part of a feud between the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) and the PIRA.

michael-mcivor

They wrere fighting in 71.

If the PIRA had the chance they would have shot McCann.

Monday 8 March 1971
Members of the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) engaged in a gun battle with members of the Provisional IRA (PIRA). The feud between the two wings of the IRA had been developing ever since the Republic movement split on 11 January 1970.

Monday 19 June 1972
Desmond Mackin (37), a Catholic civilian, was shot dead by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) in the Cracked Cup Social Club, Leeson Street, Lower Falls, Belfast. Mackin was involved in an altercation with PIRA members, part of an feud between the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) and the Provisionals.

Friday 21 July 1972
Joseph Rosato (59), a Catholic civilian, was shot dead by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) at his home, Deerpark Road, Belfast. Rosato was the father of the intended target and the killing was part of a feud between the Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) and the PIRA.
joe McCann was not a target off the Provos-

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom