Oldest Homo sapiens bones ever found shake foundations of the human story!!!

Catalpast

Oldest Homo sapiens bones ever found shake foundations of the human story

Oh Dearie me & shiver me timbers....:shock:

Looks like the 'Out of Africa Theory' has taken yet another knock:

Hublin said the extreme age of the bones makes them the oldest known specimens of modern humans and poses a major challenge to the idea that the earliest members of our species evolved in a “Garden of Eden” in East Africa one hundred thousand years later.
“This gives us a completely different picture of the evolution of our species. It goes much further back in time, but also the very process of evolution is different to what we thought,” Hublin told the Guardian. “It looks like our species was already present probably all over Africa by 300,000 years ago. If there was a Garden of Eden, it might have been the size of the continent.”

But we are told Genetics shows that we all originated in Africa and that our ancestors left there just 60,000 years ago...

- from a species of Human that dated from circa 100,000 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jun/07/oldest-homo-sapiens-bones-ever-found-shake-foundations-of-the-human-story

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jun/07/oldest-homo-sapiens-bones-ever-found-shake-foundations-of-the-human-story

Dublin 4

The Gaystapo won't like this :p

Niall996

Morocco is in Africa.

ruserious

An 8 month old article dug up by someone so screamish at the idea of being African.

Zoo.

ruserious

Most of Africa wants to be European too :D
No. Most of Africa wants to live a good life. I can't fault any person for that.

That's why sustainable farming and population growth is the key to making Africa a good place to live and would let off pressure on the migrant crisis in Europe.

gerhard dengler

No. Most of Africa wants to live a good life. I can't fault any person for that.

That's why sustainable farming and population growth is the key to making Africa a good place to live and would let off pressure on the migrant crisis in Europe.
Does it? I'm not persuaded of that assertion (bolded).

Rhodesia was always referred to as the "food basket of Africa". Then the Africans took over Rhodesia and changed the name of the country to Zimbabwe. Then they decided to try to run their society and their economy.

We all know the utopia that Zimbabwe is today.

leftsoc

Hublin said the extreme age of the bones makes them the oldest known specimens of modern humans and poses a major challenge to the idea that the earliest members of our species evolved in a “Garden of Eden” in East Africa one hundred thousand years later.
“This gives us a completely different picture of the evolution of our species. It goes much further back in time, but also the very process of evolution is different to what we thought,” Hublin told the Guardian. “It looks like our species was already present probably all over Africa by 300,000 years ago. If there was a Garden of Eden, it might have been the size of the continent.”

But we are told Genetics shows that we all originated in Africa and that our ancestors left there just 60,000 years ago...

- from a species of Human that dated from circa 100,000 years ago

It doesn't invalidate 'out of Africa'. There is still no DNA evidence of the survival of any Homo Sapiens genes from any group that may have left Africa before 50 thousand years ago.

Eire1976

I totally agree with you, education of the masses is important but first we need to teach them the basics of providing food stuffs for themselves.
We don't want to be educating the masses and then have the brightest who should be leading them out of the mire of corruption and idiocy to fly off to live better in Europe.

An old uncle of mine used to say that Africa will always be a ************************hole until the West removes the scum who have taken over those lands and puts in place caretaker governments until the natives are at a level that they can take full control and sustain standards.

Eire1976

Does it? I'm not persuaded of that assertion (bolded).

Rhodesia was always referred to as the "food basket of Africa". Then the Africans took over Rhodesia and changed the name of the country to Zimbabwe. Then they decided to try to run their society and their economy.

We all know the utopia that Zimbabwe is today.
We all know the old joke of what did they have in Zim before the Candle? - Electricity

Thick bastards took over and ran the place into the ground, they can't even keep the water plants going.

Degeneration X

Morocco is in Africa.
He means the out of Africa theory posits Homo sapiens evolved in East Africa and that may be revised if these finds are proven. But it would still mean Homo sapiens evolved in Africa and spread to the rest of the globe from there.

gerhard dengler

We all know the old joke of what did they have in Zim before the Candle? - Electricity

Thick bastards took over and ran the place into the ground, they can't even keep the water plants going.
Chaos ensued.
South Africa is now Zimbabwe for slow learners such as youaretedious.

Most of the African countries that were under colonial rule, are failed states subsequently. I can't think of a single country in Africa which has prospered. And that failure to prosper is terrible for the Africans themselves.

Trampas

I totally agree with you, education of the masses is important but first we need to teach them the basics of providing food stuffs for themselves.
We don't want to be educating the masses and then have the brightest who should be leading them out of the mire of corruption and idiocy to fly off to live better in Europe.

An old uncle of mine used to say that Africa will always be a ************************hole until the West removes the scum who have taken over those lands and puts in place caretaker governments until the natives are at a level that they can take full control and sustain standards.
What a load of unadulterated gibberish. If it wasn't for the colonials those Africans would still be sucking termites off a stick. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a small number still are. They would also be breeding like bunnies which of course is the real cause of today's lack of progress.

Degeneration X

Chaos ensued.
South Africa is now Zimbabwe for slow learners such as youaretedious.

Most of the African countries that were under colonial rule, are failed states subsequently. I can't think of a single country in Africa which has prospered. And that failure to prosper is terrible for the Africans themselves.
Libya was quite prosperous before another round of European Intervention in 2011.

Degeneration X

You'd have to be a prize dunderhead to believe that more Regime change is the answer to the world's problems after Iraq, Libya and what was attempted in Syria.

former wesleyan

Libya was quite prosperous before another round of European Intervention in 2011.
Total repression, a fake currency and foreign travel - beyond Malta - almost impossible.

Degeneration X

Total repression, a fake currency and foreign travel - beyond Malta - almost impossible.
But still a lot more prosperous than it is now. Also lots of people travelling from Libya now causing quite of bit of bother in case you haven't heard the news.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies