OLiver Callan

derryman

Tubs kicked off the segment by saying:

"it would be funny, if it weren't so tragic" :

Callan spoke on recently elected politicians and their reluctance to run the country:

then the Healy-Rae situation

Lowry's standing in his local community

Fianna Fail

Fine Gael

Denis O'Brien

(Tubs interrupts);

Callan replies ....

(Tubs interrupts again);

Tubs interrupts ...

Audience claps......

WELL SAID CALLAN .... ..... you're doing something right when you have the 'establishment' squirming in their seats.

To view both of those segments click on links below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lorrxdXQK_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRneCyXka4s

It was nice knowing you. Good luck in any future reincarnation.

HereWeGoAgain

Callan said what needs to be said in an open forum which is fully accessible to all - he was invited to speak on such issues by Tubs..... what did Tubs expect when he began with .... "it would be funny if it weren't so tragic". What was Tubs referring to in that?

daveL

Yes , had a right go at FG and the last Government on the Late Late show on Friday night for their connections to Denis O'Brien , he mentioned O'Brien's alleged dodgy business past re the Moriarty tribunal findings etc but still somehow ends up winning loads of state contracts here once FG got back in to power.

Tubridy nearly wet himself going in to fire fighting mode trying to shut him up and telling us what a great person he and official RTE think O'Brien is mentioning his charity work etc , to which Callan responded with something along the lines of he would prefer if O'Brien paid his full taxes here rather than showing off with public donations.

I suspect Callan had not run that segment by Tubs or anyone within RTE before the show.
What's wrong with that?

HereWeGoAgain

Posts on callan's FB

Jane Leary
April 23 at 3:23pm
Thank you for mentioning the unmentionable last night and for finishing your points despite Tubridy's rude interruptions. I don't watch the Late Late because the host makes my skin crawl, but I'm glad others posted the clip you were in so I could view it smile emoticon
Sandra O Loughlin
April 23 at 11:56am
well done on late late show you were brilliant
link
https://www.facebook.com/olivercallanofficial

Mad as Fish

Devil Eire

As I said before elsewhere, these people sell themselves very cheaply to protect the 'state' of Mother Ireland.

If I were to be paid off to keep my mouth shut and help sell out the interests of Irish citizens to corporate interests, I'd want a hell of a lot more money than Tubridy, well paid as he thinks he is, Enda Kenny, Michael Lowry, or all the politicians, state media and other assorted leeches combined. They sell themselves very cheaply.

The cheapest whores that chicken feed can buy. Is it any wonder corporate interests have sown up this country lock, stock and barrel?

Roll_On

As I said before elsewhere, these people sell themselves very cheaply to protect the 'state' of Mother Ireland.

If I were to be paid off to keep my mouth shut and help sell out the interests of Irish citizens to corporate interests, I'd want a hell of a lot more money than Tubridy, well paid as he thinks he is, Enda Kenny, Michael Lowry, or all the politicians, state media and other assorted leeches combined. They sell themselves very cheaply.

The cheapest whores that chicken feed can buy. Is it any wonder corporate interests have sown up this country lock, stock and barrel?
Turbidy isn't cheap, he's paid more than the Taoiseach.

Roll_On

It's a chat show presenter's job to play devil's advocate when it comes to a guest talking politics. However he should not be interrupting guests.

Turbidy is a part of the it crowd, he has no real talent of any description, nor enough body weight to fill a slim fit suit, a weed of a person who I couldn't imagine interviewing well for any job. But of course when one's daddy can pull strings, none of that matters.

nomahdi

It's a chat show presenter's job to play devil's advocate when it comes to a guest talking politics. However he should not be interrupting guests.

Turbidy is a part of the it crowd, he has no real talent of any description, nor enough body weight to fill a slim fit suit, a weed of a person who I couldn't imagine interviewing well for any job. But of course when one's daddy can pull strings, none of that matters.
Yes, that wasn't devil's advocate. Tubridy's e.g. interrupting censoriously "ah no, there ARE fine people in the Dail" was a desperate attempt to drown Callan out.

Most striking was the speed, and efficacy, with which Callan spoke, with which he had to speak, because he knew that the Montrose "moderators' aren't there to moderate national debate, they're there to drown it out.

Last edited:

HereWeGoAgain

LOL .... doesn't he do that so well .... :)

He comes across as the Establishment's Advocate to me!

P Ryan

Very likely Callan's kicks cancellation is imminent now.

Orbit v2

I think Tubridy tends to defend politics and politicians in general and he is always likely to pounce on lazy generalisations. With DOB, the problem is our libel laws obviously, where lazy generalisations could end up costing RTE and the taxpayer a lot of money. If he wants to talk about DOB and corruption then he should read the tribunal reports and educate himself on it, but all this utter shyte about Topaz is so far off the mark. It's easily ignored on p.ie but less so on broadcast TV.

'orebel

[video=youtube;eRneCyXka4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRneCyXka4s[/video]

Dame_Enda

Very likely Callan's kicks cancellation is imminent now.
Do we really want FG dictating what's on the state radio to shield DOB from criticism?

Levellers

It's a sad state of affairs when it takes a comedian and a chef to take the establishment to task.

Bea C

I was out on Friday night (FF meeting after a book launch), and from what I'd heard, I actually expected RTE to have butchered it.
But it was there for me to see it! (Which surprised me).
Jaysus, it was the finest bit of commentary I've seen/heard broadcast in quite some time.

Popular Threads

Most Replies