• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Olivia O'Leary / Sindo on Saturday Night Show

Bren Boru

I know I shouldn't be bothering with a show presented by the repugnant Brendan O'Connor but, as usual, there was little else on.

Olivia O'Leary made a comment about Enda Kenny "sometimes you'd wonder if there's anything going on inside his head". I've always liked Olivia O'Leary and so feel quite let down that she should make such a grubby remark. I didn't think it was her style to seek a cheap laugh from a semi inebriated audience of a risible attempt at a chat show.

The same panel discussion had Shane Ross and Nick Webb fawning up to Brendan, their boss, and, of course, promoting their new book. Naturally, Brendan didn't remind Ross of his previous desire to have Seanie Fitz appointed Governor of the Central Bank. An institutions man passing for a rebel - give me a break.

Standards at RTE are questionable enough but go through the floor when they team up with the Sindo.

Seagrue

Fair point, well made. It needed to be said. A complete lack of balance from the Sindo hack and his panel. Extraordinary that O'Leary should mention Kenny and Cowen in the same soundbite and speak as she did about Kenny. Incredible, bizzare, unbelieveable stuff.

greengoose2

Olivia is quite correct. The man is a joke Taoiseach. He's the equivalent of a punch drunk boxer, reeling around the place not knowing what he is supposed to be doing! The flower pot incident comes to mind!

He has spent far too long on the Gravy Train and is confused. The latest debacle is that stupid referendum lark with the AG's flawed input being shown up in the Supreme Court.

We can now look forward to the budget for the next round from punch drunk which will have us reeling this time!

'orebel

Olivia would seem to have her finger on the pulse on this occasion. Touché

Analyzer

Jjust wondering. How much is Ms. O'Leary paid for 10 minutes of opinionating once a week on the radio ?

Assuming that she still does that. Is it even available for the public record ?

S

simeongrimes

I wonder would we do better with a directly elected Taoiseach. The party system has produced Ahern, Cowen and Kenny. Direct elections have produced Robinson, McAleese and Higgins.

newtown4

you must be a fgaeler enda is a plank & olivia is dead right so obviously you agree whats happening looking after the bankers so they can protect their own high wage and pensions so that the home help and the likes be cut to support this system its not a grubby remark its about time the thick paddy stands up and says no

I know I shouldn't be bothering with a show presented by the repugnant Brendan O'Connor but, as usual, there was little else on.

Olivia O'Leary made a comment about Enda Kenny "sometimes you'd wonder if there's anything going on inside his head". I've always liked Olivia O'Leary and so feel quite let down that she should make such a grubby remark. I didn't think it was her style to seek a cheap laugh from a semi inebriated audience of a risible attempt at a chat show.

The same panel discussion had Shane Ross and Nick Webb fawning up to Brendan, their boss, and, of course, promoting their new book. Naturally, Brendan didn't remind Ross of his previous desire to have Seanie Fitz appointed Governor of the Central Bank. An institutions man passing for a rebel - give me a break.

Standards at RTE are questionable enough but go through the floor when they team up with the Sindo.

FakeViking

I wonder would we do better with a directly elected Taoiseach. The party system has produced Ahern, Cowen and Kenny. Direct elections have produced Robinson, McAleese and Higgins.
More worringly, nearly elected the FF bagman! Thanks to the plank we were saved.

Analyzer

More worringly, nearly elected the FF bagman! Thanks to the plank we were saved.
Actually, plank was desperate, and would have botched it on his own.

Really, it is a case of thanks to a convicted fuel smuggler, who let SF know about a 5 grand photo with BIFFO.

odlum

Agree with the OP. If I was Enda I would sue her. He might not have that type of money but I do and if she said that about me in public i'd be on to one of my solicitors. You can not speak about others in public without thinking first.

Gurdiev

Olivias always been her own woman. I would defend her right to give her opinion as she sees fit.
Haven't seen the programme , will watch later

FakeViking

Let's not be too OTT here, Olivia has her flaws She once thought that Mary Coughlan was the saving grace of Irish Politics.

b.a. baracus

Agree with the OP. If I was Enda I would sue her. He might not have that type of money but I do and if she said that about me in public i'd be on to one of my solicitors. You can not speak about others in public without thinking first.
If you could successfully sue people for calling you thick then the courts would be rammed to the rafters. Unless Olivia said more than that she thought his head was empty I don't see the basis for sueing. You're not a brief are you?

S

simeongrimes

If you were Kenny's lawyer and he sued because he was called thick, would you put him on the stand?

deepness

She didn't say anything that a lot of people are not thinking anyway..
Enda is a joke of a taoiseach. More interested in being popular than doing what is needed.

Like most Irish politicians, he is just thinking votes.

Eoin Coir

Let's not be too OTT here, Olivia has her flaws She once thought that Mary Coughlan was the saving grace of Irish Politics.
and she keeps saying Biffo was a decent man. He probably was but useless. I remember that vomit inducing thing about Mary Coughlan where she described her as a broth of a girl who attends all GAA matches in state merc in Donegal.
This programme lacked any balance, an RTE/Sindo set up.

onlyasking

Another fine example of the linkage between RTE and the private sector media 'elite'.

RTE, dependent on business sector millions for advertising, crawling with highly paid hirelings of the business sector's wealthiest players, and pouring more money down the pockets of business-sector liars like Brendan O'Connor.

Now, remind us why the electorate have constantly elected those who do the bidding of the business elite, even while that elite is laughing at the rest of us as we pick up the tab for their catastrophic feeding frenzy. Funny how things work in this version of a 'republic'.

amsterdemmetje

Olivia is quite correct. The man is a joke Taoiseach. He's the equivalent of a punch drunk boxer, reeling around the place not knowing what he is supposed to be doing!
Would you prefer if he appeared really drunk rather than punch drunk?.
Give me Kenny any day over the likes of Piss head Cowen or that cu-nt Bertie who don't forget ran this country into the ground ..
Was there anyone in Rte making disparaging comments about these two prize Muppet's for the lent of time they were in office.
No ,not until one of them turned up drunk live on the radio did they start saying anything .

ger12

Holy jausus. You can't open your mouth now? The grubbest remark made by an Irish politician was made by Mr Kenny when he told the whole bloody World that the Irish simply went mad.