• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

On Camera v Off Camera- One Swedish Politician's Views on Immigration- Hilarious.

stopdoingstuff

The Swedish political party Moderaterna (The Moderates) has about 30% support in Sweden and is the party of the current Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt. They are a right/centre-right party and they basically toe the line on Multiculturalism. Now I am not trying to say that the party on the whole are hypocritical or anything of the sort, but I did find a rather amusing video that demonstrates the tendency of politicians to pay lip-service to ridiculous ideas while actually believing something entirely different in a private capacity. Whatever your view on immigration or multiculturalism, I am sure you will enjoy this video for delicious hypocrisy of it all. Our hero is a Mr. Christer Ewe , a local politician in Kristianstad. Mr. Ewe died in 2010, but the footage is from 2002.
[video=youtube;DO1vQHHgjmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DO1vQHHgjmk#at=189[/video]

Note also what he said about Vietnamese v Muslims. Hilarious stuff.

If you were his spin doctor, what would your advice be?

drummed

Is this todays Muslim thread? Excellent. Looked like nobody was going to start one there for a while.

stopdoingstuff

Is this todays Muslim thread? Excellent. Looked like nobody was going to start one there for a while.
Today is more of a hidden-camera thread. Anyway, we know you raised at least half of those dodgy cows that Larry Goodman may or may not have sold to the Middle East.

drummed

Today is more of a hidden-camera thread. Anyway, we know you raised at least half of those dodgy cows that Larry Goodman may or may not have sold to the Middle East.
There was a clear gap in the market for this thread. Well done for spotting the need to discuss the same issue for the 1564th day in a row.

Dr Pat

There was a clear gap in the market for this thread. Well done for spotting the need to discuss the same issue for the 1564th day in a row.
Yeah right, you are counting on all your fingers!
That video is hilarious. Even when confronted with what he said, he tried to brazen it out - 10 marks for brass neck. I wonder how many of our elected reps adopt a similar stance on topical issues?

stopdoingstuff

The issue here is not immigration as such. It is professing one view to the public while holding very different views in private.

Spirit Of Newgrange

That Swedish fella must have been to the same school as most irish politicians.

Analyzer

The Swedish political party Moderaterna (The Moderates) has about 30% support in Sweden and is the party of the current Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt. They are a right/centre-right party and they basically toe the line on Multiculturalism. Now I am not trying to say that the party on the whole are hypocritical or anything of the sort, but I did find a rather amusing video that demonstrates the tendency of politicians to pay lip-service to ridiculous ideas while actually believing something entirely different in a private capacity. Whatever your view on immigration or multiculturalism, I am sure you will enjoy this video for delicious hypocrisy of it all. Our hero is a Mr. Christer Ewe , a local politician in Kristianstad. Mr. Ewe died in 2010, but the footage is from 2002.
[video=youtube;DO1vQHHgjmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DO1vQHHgjmk#at=189[/video]

He is a selfish hypocritical phucker.

The bit where he says that he will move out of a certain suburb is, highly revealing.

I just wonder....but in the EU Parlaimenaent alignment....to which Irish party would he be aligned ?

Lempo

I liked the part where he named all those people who have no balls to address the issue publicly.

Reminds me of the council scene in Guards, guards by Terry Pratchett. Any minute now someone's gonna say something about it, and I'm gonna mumble audibly in support. I hate when satire of the action predates the action.

Analyzer

I liked the part where he named all those people who have no balls to address the issue.
Yes. He wants them to take their snouts of the trough, first, presumably.....

He is a veneer liberal.

Eire1976

I wonder how many immigrants Sweden takes in by agreement and how many just turn up there claiming asylum?

bokuden

The issue here is not immigration as such. It is professing one view to the public while holding very different views in private.

What's the big deal? He's putting the party line/interests of the country ahead of his personal views (which he is perfectly entitled to hold and express). I wish more of our pols had an understanding of this during the recent abortion hoo-haa.

stopdoingstuff

What's the big deal? He's putting the party line/interests of the country ahead of his personal views (which he is perfectly entitled to hold and express). I wish more of our pols had an understanding of this during the recent abortion hoo-haa.
Not quite. He is putting the party interest ahead of both the national interest and his personal views.

fuque

Whats bothers me most about this is, we all know his views are the very same as almost all politicians, they all think this negative sh.it about immigrants/muslims, but theyre paralised by fear to express it publicly for fear of getting the big boot off the gravy train.
What a spineless bunch they are. They will happily sit back and watch the slow demise of their country. Truely sickening.

stopdoingstuff

Whats bothers me most about this is, we all know his views are the very same as almost all politicians, they all think this negative sh.it about immigrants/muslims, but theyre paralised by fear to express it publicly for fear of getting the big boot off the gravy train.
What a spineless bunch they are. They will happily sit back and watch the slow demise of their country. Truely sickening.
It is worse than that- they have now literally made it illegal to talk about it in an open manner in several countries.

stopdoingstuff

Interesting follow up from very recently in Sweden and from the same party.
Out of Whack | Gates of Vienna

Moderaterna (The Moderates)..................recently came down like a ton of bricks on a party member named Olle Engström, who dared to raise the issue of mass immigration in public using less than glowing terms.
I am working on getting a translation and will not bother with the Google translate. Link to the original article, reported via a Norewigian site, is provided for any fans of Swedish:
En svenske skrur på alarmklokkene | Rights.no

What I wanted to highlight though was that in contrast to the cover-ups and platitudes that voters get from the mainstream parties, the two most popular comments on his article shows an entirely different view amongst ordinary citizens:

The official immigration policy has been a complete failure. Our reward for having taken in 100,000s of peoples are arson, car fires, housing shortages and a general erosion of the Swedish welfare system, soon not even worthy of the name. The day that the Swedish people receive an objective picture of the costs involved, and what it has cost us up until now on both a national and local level, then maybe they will start to reconsider.

There will be a shock-like hike in local taxes in the future due to a rapid increase in welfare payouts. A 65-year-old elderly immigrant receives SEK 13,737 net per month without having to pay a dime in taxes, according to official figures. One is left wondering what our Senior Citizen Organizations are doing about it and what they are willing to accept.

One should be grateful towards our Swedish youths who are behaving in a collective manner. They should of course be frustrated in so many different ways. There are no longer any available housing or free driver’s licenses for them etc. It has almost reached a boiling point for many of us taxpayers. HOW IS THIS GOING TO END? ?

There are 445,000 unemployed people in this country, but we still receive approximately 1,000 migrants a week. Yes of course we are going to help war refugees as long as they are in need of our protection. I fail to see how this multicultural equation is going to be solved. Many Swedish youths are in a worse economic situation than the immigrant youths.

The second most popular comment is in the same category:

Finally! And thank you Olle Engström for your comments. I feel exactly the same way. Just like Olle writes in his op-ed, we have to stop this; we cannot let this uncontrolled immigration continue. This mass migration has to stop. Just look at who are throwing stones at the police, setting fire to schools and cars and threatening people in their local communities. This is the last straw.

Engström’s op-ed has created a record number of comments, according to the newspaper.
So it ties in very nicely to the video and should really make the sneering elitists think twice about refusing to discuss these issues in a direct and factual manner.

Kai123

No politician would opening tackle the issue, and you cant blame them. Whats the solution? Re-educating? Packing 2nd generation families to a county they don't really belong to now?

Its very stupid, but if someone asked me the solution, I wouldn't have the answer, so why tackle it in the first place?

storybud1

No politician would opening tackle the issue, and you cant blame them. Whats the solution? Re-educating? Packing 2nd generation families to a county they don't really belong to now?

Its very stupid, but if someone asked me the solution, I wouldn't have the answer, so why tackle it in the first place?
The Swiss have the answer, BBC report

BBC News - Switzerland to limit immigration from all EU states

Note how the Swiss look upon the Roma issue,,? what a clued in Country.

If you know about Switzerland, they take citizenship very seriously, no matter if you are there 50 years, if you do not integrate 100% then you will not get citizenship, end of story.

Nemesiscorporation

Not in the slightest suprised.

Put three beers in a Swede and they start complaining about immigrants, namely muslims.

Get them up to five beers and they hate all immigrants.

These days I can almost repeat the conversation before even hearing it.

Nemesiscorporation

I wonder how many immigrants Sweden takes in by agreement and how many just turn up there claiming asylum?
Sweden is not like Ireland.

They don't have to turn up looking for asylum.

Sweden actively goes looking for immigrants to take into the country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies