• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

On this day in 1975.

Eoin Coir

On this day in 1975 a great leader and saviour was elected to Dail for time time. I speak of Taoiseach Enda Kenny TD, the man destined to retrieve the reputation of this g8 country from the ashes where FF had led it.
He was elected in a by election caused by the death of his late father Henry Kenny TD. It was marked on Saturday night by a wonderful tribute by Seanie admirer Shane Ross and his son in law, Fintan O Toole, windbag O Leary, Ballsy O Connor.

Asparagus

On this day in 1975 a great leader and saviour was elected to Dail for time time. I speak of Taoiseach Enda Kenny TD, the man destined to retrieve the reputation of this g8 country from the ashes where FF had led it.
He was elected in a by election caused by the death of his late father Henry Kenny TD. It was marked on Saturday night by a wonderful tribute by Sean admirer Shane Ross and his son in law, Fintan O Toole, windbag O Leary, Ballsy O Connor.
Thats a remarkable coincidence. His Father was the TD, died and then Enda won it.
You wouldn't believe it in a movie.

zippo222

He was elected in a by election caused by the death of his late father Henry Kenny TD. It was marked on Saturday night by a wonderful tribute by Seanie admirer Shane Ross and his son in law, Fintan O Toole, windbag O Leary, Ballsy O Connor.
When did Ireland become one of the G8 countries ?

Plebian

A saviour was born in a stable, that one is just a donkey;)

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Why isn't this in the Humour Forum? :confused:

pinemartin

I hate time time, it takes ages and goes on for ever.

Boy M5

When did Ireland become one of the G8 countries ?
Don't worry Eoin's been influenced by the lads in the Dept of Finance and the chief mesmerist Baldy himself.

Boy M5

1975, that's a Hell of a long time.

RobertW

Kenny has shown remarkable resilience since he became leader of FG.

He took his party from nowhere to become Taoiseach. . . Much to the annoyance of the FFers.

He's also seen off Cowen and FF.

Hitch 22

Was he dragged right out of the classroom kicking and screaming?:lol:

Hewson

You just have to be a Fianna Fail supporter.

Eoin Coir

He took his party from nowhere to become Taoiseach. . . Much to the annoyance of the FFers.

RTE will have to bring back Frank Hall to do him down. Ballsy O Connor and Olivia O Leary not good enough ?

bogtrotter

I wish him well but he is far from being an inspiring leader and what he is doing well makes the German bankers and Angela like him and praise him but...

pippakin

Is Ireland the only democracy where a father can bequeath his constituency to his son/daughter.

Just think but for this minor hick up Enda would still be a teacher.

Asparagus

and Cowen was nothing if not astute.

I mean Kenny really nailed Cowen by getting Simon Coveney to say mean things about him on the twitter.

Kenny resurrected Fine Gael with barely a hairs breadth of a FG mandate and then rewarded all the people who tried to stab him in the back.
That why we have to look at LUFECKINCINDA POXY CREIGHTON every now and again.

Eoin Coir

I think it was a close run thing, FF were in opposition and the Flynnasties were in the ascendant in Mayo at the time !

flavirostris

It's true. Kenny has gone a good way towards rebuilding our national reputation which FF had dragged through the gutter. We're no longer an international laughing stock.