On Trump Inauguration Day US National Debt Will Hit $20 Trillion

good dog

At current speed US National debt will hit $20 trillion excluding state and local debt on January 20, 2017.

Some $63,000 per person, the ceremony to inaugurate to king of debt couldn't be more timely.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
They will find it hard enough to blame Trump for all the existing debt until 6 months time at least, trying to pin it on him by Friday won't work.

Spanner Island

At current speed US National debt will hit $20 trillion excluding state and local debt on January 20, 2017.

Some $63,000 per person, the ceremony to inaugurate to king of debt couldn't be more timely.

I don't see Americans voting to pay off their national debt... ever.

It won't happen... ever... and I suspect it will just keep on growing...

They're addicted to debt and are reared with it... and sadly they've exported that addiction around the world at this stage...

Is there even enough 'wealth' in the world to pay off all the debt?

I have my doubts - the global economic 'system' is a scam and a sham...

silverharp

it wont be a big issue during the next 8 years of Trump. The US will look ragingly solvent compared to the EU and China doesn't have deep capital markets like the US

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

I don't see Americans voting for paying off their national debt... ever.

It won't happen... ever.

They're addicted to debt and grow up with it... and have sadly exported that addiction around the world at this stage...

it doesn't matter whether or not the can. The question is how Trump is going to deal with it. Is he starting a new war, will Trump drive the US economy into a wall. Who is going to suffer the consequences of his misfortune? And some fortune it will be no doubt.

Herr Rommel

it doesn't matter whether or not the can. The question is how Trump is going to deal with it. Is he starting a new war, will Trump drive the US economy into a wall. Who is going to suffer the consequences of his misfortune? And some fortune it will be no doubt.
War with who ?

Betson

They will find it hard enough to blame Trump for all the existing debt until 6 months time at least, trying to pin it on him by Friday won't work.
CNN will somehow find a way to blame him for it.

Spanner Island

Judging by his behaviour before and since being elected... God only knows what he'll do or try and do if things don't go according to whatever 'plan' is in his head...

He's thin skinned. That much is patently clear all the time.

And his reactions are infantile too.

The debt will... well... it'll just be there like it always is... probably growing.

Watcher2

What does "excluding state and local debt" actually mean? OK, phrased incorrectly, why would the US national debt not include all of that debt in order to see the real debt of the US government(s)? And what is the total?

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

it wont be a big issue during the next 8 years of Trump. The US will look ragingly solvent compared to the EU and China doesn't have deep capital markets like the US
The EU is at a total of 12.5 trillion in national debt. That's only 16,823 euro ($17,819) per person in the EU. And yf you exclude the UK from the EU it's only 14,729 euro ($15,598).

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Judging by his behaviour before and since being elected... God only knows what he'll do or try and do if things don't go according to whatever 'plan' is in his head...

He's thin skinned. That much is patently clear all the time.

And his reactions are infantile too.

The debt will... well... it'll just be there like it always is... probably growing.
or simply put Tramp is a trigger happy douche.

silverharp

The EU is at a total of 12.5 trillion in national debt. That's only 16,823 euro ($17,819) per person in the EU. And yf you exclude the UK from the EU it's only 14,729 euro ($15,598).
its the nature of it though, take Italy , by any reasonable measure they have a national debt they couldn't service if interest rates went up. if Italy defaults the big German banks would be insolvent and that would create a capital flight to the US

statsman

I don't see Americans voting to pay off their national debt... ever.

It won't happen... ever... and I suspect it will just keep on growing...

They're addicted to debt and are reared with it... and sadly they've exported that addiction around the world at this stage...

One person's debt is another person's 'wealth'.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

What does "excluding state and local debt" actually mean? OK, phrased incorrectly, why would the US national debt not include all of that debt in order to see the real debt of the US government(s)? And what is the total?
add another $5 trillion in state & local debt.

Spanner Island

or simply put Tramp is a trigger happy douche.
There's no evidence of him being trigger happy yet.

Tweet happy and bluster happy... yep... no doubt about that...

And of course he did claim during his election he could shoot someone in the street and not suffer electorally...

but despite all that... no evidence of him being actually trigger happy yet.

The people around him are potentially even more of a worry though.

PeaceGoalie

Michael McDowell Spouts

Here is Michael McDowell castigating Trump. I am posting the link for several reasons:
1. to demand an apology and $100mn in damages from Mercurial for assuming Mad Mick and I agree on anything.
2. to ask people to examine McDowell's fawning for Barack Drone Killer Obama and some of the Bush/Reagan crew. Like a growing number of Irish, I despise them all.
3. To draw attention to his Dow Jones remarks; it is very high on expectations but the fundamentals do not back it up, dar liom.
4.to note he doesn't mention Hillary Clinton, a certifiable lunatic and thief at all.
5. to note that someone like McDowell, who can string a sentence or two together, can waffle away but can cause damage when in power.
6. And too much more. Heaven help us all.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

its the nature of it though, take Italy , by any reasonable measure they have a national debt they couldn't service if interest rates went up. if Italy defaults the big German banks would be insolvent and that would create a capital flight to the US
so what the Italian default is inevitable, by 2020 the euro is history. don't think we will see a secession in the US anytime soon.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies