One dead in Ambulance fire in Naas

blokesbloke

RIP and thoughts with the family of the dead and those injured.

daveL

firefly123

Bit early to comment like that surely...

What caused the explosion?
Possibly but having seen the stuff they expect us to put on the road I would be very surprised if it wasn't that.

Niall996

Just reading it now but it appears a patient has died and two paramedics have been badly injured after an ambulance burst into flames in Naas.
Another reflection of the shameful lack of resourcing for our frontline services?
Patient dies after ambulance explodes at Emergency Department in Naas General Hospital http://jrnl.ie/2991450
More to follow
Or a crap/lazy/drunk/careless mechanic or technician who was paid by the taxpayer but who botched some maintenance work? We don't know yet the cause.

Oxygen being deployed?

Whether or not, this is terrible news. We rely on you guys to the ultimate extent.

Prester Jim

Just reading it now but it appears a patient has died and two paramedics have been badly injured after an ambulance burst into flames in Naas.
Another reflection of the shameful lack of resourcing for our frontline services?
Patient dies after ambulance explodes at Emergency Department in Naas General Hospital http://jrnl.ie/2991450
More to follow
If this is because of the age of the ambulance or a lack of maintenance because of low resources it will cause a long needed upgrade.
The Irish govt only improves/evolves when someone dies from their neglect and incompetence, a terrible truth.

johnnypockets

Last edited:

Aindriu

Tragic. My thoughts are with the surviving victims and the family of the deceased man.

firefly123

Oxygen being deployed?

Whether or not, this is terrible news. We rely on you guys to the ultimate extent.
From what I'm hearing it burst into flames from the engine compartment. Oxygen isn't stored there. One paramedic has severe facial injuries which would support that.

firefly123

Horrified at the incident. Disgusted that you would jump so quickly to use it for an agenda. May they rest in peace and hopefully the other two will make a full recovery.
It's not an "agenda" it's a fact. I'm not looking for a bloody pay rise out of it for Christ sake.
I'm angry because it was utterly avoidable but as usual something like this has to happen before someone acts despite all the warnings. Watch as nobody is taken to task over it.

gatsbygirl20

Terrible. An ambulance is supposed to be a place of safety--a rescue vehicle taking you away from danger and towards help and sanctuary.

The poor man trapped inside.....Terrible for his family and those who witnessed the inferno.

Vehicles can go on fire....it happens, alas. And then an ambulance may be carrying very flammable substances--chemicals, oxygen, etc...

Ireniall

From what I'm hearing it burst into flames from the engine compartment. Oxygen isn't stored there. One paramedic has severe facial injuries which would support that.
I've personally worked on some of the ambulances probably still on the road though it's been a few years. I've never seen anything to suggest that chances are taken and I'm struggling to understand how anything in the engine compartment could cause an explosive type of fire like that. The biggest danger with any vehicle is the battery. A proper short across the negative and positive poles anywhere on the vehicle will start an instant fire but would still give you a couple of minutes to get out. There's an added component here I think.

johnnypockets

It's not an "agenda" it's a fact. I'm not looking for a bloody pay rise out of it for Christ sake.
I'm angry because it was utterly avoidable but as usual something like this has to happen before someone acts despite all the warnings. Watch as nobody is taken to task over it.
It is an agenda. Have a bit of respect.

Bill

I've personally worked on some of the ambulances probably still on the road though it's been a few years. I've never seen anything to suggest that chances are taken and I'm struggling to understand how anything in the engine compartment could cause an explosive type of fire like that. The biggest danger with any vehicle is the battery. A proper short across the negative and positive poles anywhere on the vehicle will start an instant fire but would still give you a couple of minutes to get out. There's an added component here I think.
maybe a defective fuel filter

gijoe

Didn't a patient fly out the door of one of them a few years back and got killed?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies