One quarter of Irish children can't kick a football properly

Beachcomber

That shouldn't be loaded on to children.
Children should be prepared for adulthood with the skills necessary for coping and survival. And yes, being able to kick a ball is a survival skill because of all that goes with it.
The animals know that play is necessary for survival. When did we become so smart that we lost sight of that priority?

The leftist bullshit that has infiltrated our society is destroying our children.
What goes with kicking a ball?

Beachcomber

What I have picked up from this thread is that there are still people who think gay people and women cannot play football.

Jesus wept.

Isn't that the attitude of GAA supporting folks in general?

Shouldn't comely maidens be hanging out at their local crossroads instead of developing their sporting skills under the rules of Irish nationalism.

As for gays, GAA folks claim that they have none in their ranks.

Beachcomber

But there is plenty stopping them...crap public transport in some cases being one. Generally our public facilities are very poor...we also have a modern trend of houses with tiny gardens. In general doing the right thing has become quite challenging for parents in Ireland...I speak as someone fortunate enough to be able to have our children cared for by at least one parent everyday...I guess I am just defending others!

Are there no streets under these modern trends?

That's where most of us developed our sports skills in the good old days.

Half Nelson

The problem is the Irish people.

Just as with the limited use of the Irish Gaelic language, most Irish people expect "somebody" to do something about this issue. The government is often expected to be this somebody.

Irish people need to understand that somebody else isn't going to do these things that they are responsible for themselves. If Irish people choose to not provide their children with a day-to-day environment that actually uses the Irish Gaelic language, or gets their children out to play sports, then they have nobody to blame but themselves.
When I lived abroad I had access to top class leisure facilities at a very low price. This was is a small town.
Try finding something similar here. I haven't seen anything even close to it in Ireland.

The Irish state uses the GAA as a state agency and pretends its catering for the citizens. It did the same with the Church.

Ireland is behind the times.

Blokesbloke

When I lived abroad I had access to top class leisure facilities at a very low price. This was is a small town.
Try finding something similar here. I haven't seen anything even close to it in Ireland.

The Irish state uses the GAA as a state agency and pretends its catering for the citizens. It did the same with the Church.

Where was that?

stanley

The Irish state uses the FAI as a state agency and pretends its catering for the footballing citizens, they kept a pretty good control on the 2.9m it transported through Abbotstown yearly but it made Del Boy look as if he was running a proper organisation and allowed him to rip everyone else off.

Patslatt1

The money for facilities is diverted to stuff the pay and pensions of the Irish public sector aristocracy who enjoy jobs for life like tenured professors.

Patslatt1

The Irish state uses the FAI as a state agency and pretends its catering for the footballing citizens, they kept a pretty good control on the 2.9m it transported through Abbotstown yearly but it made Del Boy look as if he was running a proper organisation and allowed him to rip everyone else off.
Who kept good control?

stanley

Who kept good control?

SI kept good control that funds they gave to FAI ended up with the right people, they did not however enforce their right to view the rest of the books very well but eventually it became the way in to split the FAI can of worms wide open, still waiting on a couple of Reports.

Patslatt1

SI kept good control that funds they gave to FAI ended up with the right people, they did not however enforce their right to view the rest of the books very well but eventually it became the way in to split the FAI can of worms wide open, still waiting on a couple of Reports.
SI is Sports Ireland, a government funded agency, presumably.

ruman

Isn't that the attitude of GAA supporting folks in general?

Shouldn't comely maidens be hanging out at their local crossroads instead of developing their sporting skills under the rules of Irish nationalism.

As for gays, GAA folks claim that they have none in their ranks.

Hmm i suspect that is your own prejudice at work

Popular Threads

Most Replies