• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Only fools and bagpipes....................

raetsel

In the catalogue of improbable true stories the one outlined below would be worthy of a John Sullivan script if only the writer of Only Fools and Horses was alive today.
Admittedly there is a genuinely dark side to the story and only an uncharitable begrudger would not feel genuinely sorry for the predicament this poor woman ended up in, and disgust at the death threats she is now receiving. However there is still something weirdly comical about an ex-RUC officer who is now a professional piper, being accidentally hired to lead a republican funeral in Belfast.

The frightened piper who found herself leading INLA chief Marty McElkerney's funeral has had to call in police after online threats and abuse.
Lee Lawson - a former member of the RUC Pipes and Drums Band - believes she has been put at risk after being booked to play at the paramilitary procession.

The award-winning professional musician says she had no idea that the funeral was to be a show of strength featuring masked INLA members or that she would end up on the front of national newspapers and television bulletins.

She told Sunday Life she turned up not even knowing the surname of the deceased man.

Lee revealed that when she arrived in west Belfast for the service, she was too afraid to turn back because of the presence of masked men.

michael-mcivor

Unionism now, across the deeply divided UK resembles the proverbial cornered rat IMO Michael.
They will have to be handled with care- cornered rats go for your neck- cornered Unionists could jump anywhere- hopefully on the boat out of here with DUP Foster-

Peter72

Intolerant sectarianism is alive and well among the barstool chuckies here.

former wesleyan

Hilarious. Made my day.

between the bridges

Paramilitary funeral for a double child murderer, with masks guns and Shinners and someone starts a thread about the piper...

Mickeymac

It's safe to say that you foreigners murdered more children in Ireland - there is no equivalency.

Not hundreds but millions who fled to other parts of the World to survive, even today, 2019, many families are fleeing their own countries to places to where the people who bombed them out of their homes to the places where the bombers hail from......

Crazy World ffs.

jimbohane

Is she for real? A funeral in West Belfast requiring a piper to lead it is hardly the funeral of an SDLP or Alliance supporter.

death or glory

Is she for real? A funeral in West Belfast requiring a piper to lead it is hardly the funeral of an SDLP or Alliance supporter.
As a professional musician, I'm sure the lady is asked to play at events in West Belfast before.
It's easy for you to say with the benefit of hindsight.

CastleRay

It’s no surprise that those who joined the RUC are head-fcuked-
Now that's funny. You're describing a paid piper at the funeral of an Irish republican child killer who committed suicide. Who was the real head fcuked one?

Newrybhoy

She is not and was never a member of the RUC or the PSNI, yet this is the second thread with republicans spinning this lie.

Mcivor was put right before, but piles in spreading the lie again.

Pitiful.

death or glory

raetsel

To be fair it was a monumental ****-up on both sides. I believe it was the undertaker who hired her, but I can't imagine the family or funeral attendees would have been too impressed when they discovered who the piper was.
I think there must be something wrong with someone who cannot see the comedy in the sort of circumstance where two radically opposed two polar opposites are thrust together. As I say it is typical of the humour of the late John Sullivan.
That's not to say I don't have sympathy for the woman in the light of the subsequent death threats.

between the bridges

To be fair it was a monumental ****-up on both sides. I believe it was the undertaker who hired her, but I can't imagine the family or funeral attendees would have been too impressed when they discovered who the piper was.
I think there must be something wrong with someone who cannot see the comedy in the sort of circumstance where two radically opposed two polar opposites are thrust together. As I say it is typical of the humour of the late John Sullivan.
That's not to say I don't have sympathy for the woman in the light of the subsequent death threats.
And FFS surely you cannot fail to see the how ironically hypocritical it is for you to ignore all the paramilitary trappings, masks guns etc and politicians, when some of your favourite (ad nauseam) items for discussion are paramilitary links of politicians, bands or anything else themuns do...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies