• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

RodShaft

I know I shouldn't but I could not resist, the promise of the deranged "reasoning" was too much for me.
And I'd be very pro Irish language, but there's taking the piss and taking the pìss...

Expose the lot of them

And I'd be very pro Irish language, but there's taking the piss and taking the pìss...
Ratio has been with us before, more than once, getting more and more deranged on each occasion until it was removed by either the minders or the Mods.

I am the product of 13+ years of compulsory Irish and cannot string a sentence together. Woeful "teaching " and compulsion have all but wiped out the language.

It is time we moved on from the myth of the "First Official Language " and recognised the reality.

The rise of the Gaelscoils provides school places, for those who cannot afford fees, where the vast majority of the pupis are Irish - no foreigners , no special needs.

Once they leave school, unless used for access to a State and now EU, sinecure , the past pupils will not use the language in in their day to day dealings.

madmick216

Good way to keep post brexit #Brefugees out? The ones that voted leave, that is.

Barroso

I am the product of 13+ years of compulsory Irish and cannot string a sentence together. Woeful "teaching " and compulsion have all but wiped out the language.
How are you at the other subjects you studied at school?
How's your maths?
What is your level of ability in the sciences?
Which were your favorite subjects?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom