OO Grand Master to "The Irish News"; dont report about us unless you say things we like.

GDPR

I am completely flabberghasted by the sheer impudence and shameless of the below open letter.

Just when you think that they can no longer shock the Orange Order always seem to know how to pull a surprise.

If they want positive coverage than they should stop continuing to damage what is left of their reputation.

Also is it reasonable for them as Orange men to expect praise and sympathy from people that they are open about loathing?

Have they no self consciousness at all?

http://www.grandorangelodge.co.uk/news.aspx?id=102822#.WJHESDamnIV

former wesleyan

I am completely flabberghasted by the sheer impudence and shameless of the below open letter.

Just when you think that they can no longer shock the Orange Order always seem to know how to pull a surprise.

If they want positive coverage than they should stop continuing to damage what is left of their reputation.

Also is it reasonable for them as Orange men to expect praise and sympathy from people that they are open about loathing?

Open letter to Irish News by Orange Order Grand Master
What have you got against flower arranging ?

Disclaimer : I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the Orange Order.

GDPR

What have you got against flower arranging ?

Disclaimer : I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the Orange Order.
That was actually quite witty which is why I gave you the thanks.

I did get the fact that you were never in the OO and that you have a dislike for the DUP and fleggers. However how you go on than to support the Zionists the most liberal of whom have a Gregory Campbell view of the world is quite beyond but I suppose that is for another thread.

This Edward Stevenson is a right little whinging snowflake isn't he?

Would you look at the face on him and his sinister squinting eyes full of smug effeminacy....

Levellers

It's the laager mentality of not talking to anyone outside their group or anyone who does not share their views.

former wesleyan

It's the laager mentality of not talking to anyone outside their group or anyone who does not share their views.
I prefer a nice Merlot myself.

cricket

The title of the thread does not exactly reflect the contents of the letter.
Notwithstanding, it's a stupid letter but the order is at least quite consistent in its failure to drag itself out of the 18th century.

theloner

It's up there with this little gem.

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=U1rzhD13dVU[/video]

blokesbloke

I ate a Terry's Chocolate Orange once, am I still OK?

vivabrigada

They are pathetic. They claim to have a God given right to parade where they aren't wanted, are openly anti Catholic, caused turmoil for decades, refused to talk to Nationalist residents on the grounds that their reps were former republican prisoners while glorifying loyalist sectarian killers, cost us millions at the squatter camp and refused to expel one of their members who murdered a schoolboy for being Catholic.(despite their own rules) and gave orange funerals to UVF leaders.
They then claim they are merely giving Christian witness, now they claim they moan about being scrutinised by the media.
My heart bleeds...........

McSlaggart

This is the bit that got me:

"Orange halls provide a home for many activities throughout Northern Ireland and especially in isolated, remote rural communities where often no similar provision exists. Activities include musical tuition, dance, IT classes, first aid training, praise services, flower arranging and a range of indoor sports."

The halls are hardly ever used even by OO members.

McSlaggart

yet you have never criticised the IRA, astounding double standards.
"However, the Supreme Court, the UK's highest court, unanimously overturned that decision and said that the PSNI "misconstrued their legal powers to stop parades".
It added that the police had an "inescapable duty to prevent, where possible, what were plainly illegal parades from taking place"."

Supreme Court rules against PSNI on flag protests - BBC News

The tunnel
Drumcree
Twaddel

.............how will the orange order destroy the Image of Northern Ireland the next time it has the need?

Mickeymac

"Orange halls provide a home for many activities throughout Northern Ireland and especially in isolated, remote rural communities where often no similar provision exists. Activities include musical tuition, dance, IT classes, first aid training, praise services, flower arranging and a range of indoor sports."

The halls are hardly ever used even by OO members.

Activities include musical tuition, dance, IT classes, first aid training, praise services, flower arranging and a range of indoor sports."

I found that part of the statement the funniest sentence I have read for quite some time.

[video=youtube;mx2V-D-Xdq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2V-D-Xdq8[/video]

death or glory

"However, the Supreme Court, the UK's highest court, unanimously overturned that decision and said that the PSNI "misconstrued their legal powers to stop parades".
It added that the police had an "inescapable duty to prevent, where possible, what were plainly illegal parades from taking place"."

McFly,
can you not even post on the correct thread title.
This was the flag protests that had absolutely nothing to do with the Orange order.

But Big Eddie is correct,
youse keep demonising the Orange Order and then Orange Halls keep getting burnt down and attacked.
Seems to be a major coincidence.

McSlaggart

McFly,
can you not even post on the correct thread title.
This was the flag protests that had absolutely nothing to do with the Orange order.

But Big Eddie is correct,
youse keep demonising the Orange Order and then Orange Halls keep getting burnt down and attacked.
Seems to be a major coincidence.

How did Flag protesters use orange halls?

death or glory

The halls are hardly ever used even by OO members.[/QUOTE]
mCfLY,
A bit like the GAA halls, they are hardly ever used now either.
Every time I go past a GAA hall or itch, there never seems to be anyone there or playing in them.

By the way a lot of young Farmers clubs use range halls and ours is used by a mother and toddler group, ight as well avail of the free heat.

theloner

'GAA halls'! Hahahahaha You prople are totally bonkers.
Please keep going it's a free comedy show.
Cracker DOG ♡

New Threads