• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Open Air Art in Bedford Row

Lara2

This should be worth popping along to, every Sunday in August, from 12noon to 4pm:

Open air art on Bedford Row for August Sundays : Limerick Post Newspaper

Commission-free sales, if you want to buy something.
They are commission-free as the paintings are sold directly by the artists. All paintings are. If you wanted to buy a painting directly from me, it would also be commission-free. Most galleries in Dublin charge 50%-60% commission. Cafés can charge less, sometimes 25%. But always remember, whatever price you pay for art from a gallery, the artist is getting half that or less.

So by all means if you have the bobs, buy directly from these artists in Limerick.

Lara2

Support local artists and buy directly from them. Buy a painting that you like, not as an investment. From reading the article, many paintings will be by students from the art college, some may go on to be renowned, some may not, but all will have a little bit of hope if someone buys their art. :)

Alan Alda

Limerick needs much more of this. Ideally some group or body will reopen the gallery on bedford row, it was a nice place to browse around and a valuable outlet for many artists outside of the academic clique that dominate art in the town.
Whilst this is certainly a 'good news' story, the fact that a bit of art on the streets is considered big news in Limerick , is a bit depressing and probably why we werent considered a particularly 'cultured' city by a recent judging panel.

Last edited:

freewillie

Limerick needs much more of this. Ideally some group or body will reopen the gallery on bedford row, it was a nice place to browse around and a valuable outlet for many artists outside of the academic clique that dominate art in the town.
Whilst this is certainly a 'good news' story, the fact that a bit of art on the streets is considered big news in Limerick , is a bit depressing and probably why we werent considered a particularly 'cultured' city by a recent judging panel.
Maybe the Dundons will start throwing out some "street art" from their prison workshops. There will be plenty of do gooding scrotes who were in favour of giving them a second chance when younger that would buy it

Lara2

Maybe the Dundons will start throwing out some "street art" from their prison workshops
Typical cynical response from an artless philistine...

Anything positive to contribute? (for once...ever?)

freewillie

Typical cynical response from an artless philistine...

Anything positive to contribute? (for once...ever?)
"When I hear the word culture ..., I release the safety on my Browning!"
A suitable response

Lara2

"When I hear the word culture ..., I release the safety on my Browning!"
A suitable response
I would expect that response from you. I don't think that I have ever read a post by yourself on any thread that was in any way positive or even informative. You think you are witty with your one-liners but you're not. You are a thoroughly unlikeable poster with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Good luck in your artless, dull, soulless and unimaginative world.

Felixness

Limerick has a lot of potential, if only the right people were put in place to promote the City and County. The idiots who've been tasked with organising things to date have been imbeciles who just aren't up to the job.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies