• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

drjimryan2

Hi All,

I have listened to the various reports of Gardai 'checking' 6000 premises and finding 21 'of concern'.......

TOTAL rubbish.........

I know of 5 pubs in the city alone who are serving drink without the purchase of food....
and having been staycationing this year I know of two more hotels where getting a drink anytime wasn't a problem....
So, I ask....whats the story and who's telling lies?....

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
The Workmans Friend

(after Mr Flann O'Brien)

When things go wrong and will not come right
Though you do the best you can
When life looks black as the hour of night
A pint of plain is your only man
When money's tight and hard to get
And your horse has also ran
When all you have is a heap of debt
When health is bad and your heart feels strange
And your face is pale and wan
When doctors say you need a test
When food is scarce and your larder bare
And no rashers grease your pan
When hunger grows as your meals are rare
In time of trouble and lousey strife
You have still got a darling plan
You still can turn to a brighter life

TheEgg

Hi All,

I have listened to the various reports of Gardai 'checking' 6000 premises and finding 21 'of concern'.......

TOTAL rubbish.........

I know of 5 pubs in the city alone who are serving drink without the purchase of food....
and having been staycationing this year I know of two more hotels where getting a drink anytime wasn't a problem....
That is crazy they should know that the Covid virus is very selective , it is only targeting pubs and the drinkers in those pubs, it will not target anyone who buys a meal for a minimum price of 9 EURO. It will not attack anyone in a supermarket but woe betide anyone who dares to even think about purchasing a pint Why?

This will immediately activate the viruses supersensitive microscopic alcohol antennae that has this amazingly uncanny ability to sniff out a drinker and thus will go straight into lungs with glee. "Gotcha ya nasty nasty drinker of alcolhol..no meal eh!!? that'll teach ya!!"

Round tower

Hi All,

TOTAL rubbish.........

I know 2
One pub is getting around it by putting on the receit, food €9 checked by cops no problem
The other those in after a couple of pints u are given receits that people who got food allready from next door

Cdebru

That is crazy they should know that the Covid virus is very selective , it is only targeting pubs and the drinkers in those pubs, it will not target anyone who buys a meal for a minimum price of 9 EURO. It will not attack anyone in a supermarket but woe betide anyone who dares to even think about purchasing a pint Why?

This will immediately activate the viruses supersensitive microscopic alcohol antennae that has this amazingly uncanny ability to sniff out a drinker and thus will go straight into lungs with glee. "Gotcha ya nasty nasty drinker of alcolhol..no meal eh!!? that'll teach ya!!"
Alcohol tends to lower peoples inhibitions, I rarely see strangers hugging and slobbering in the average supermarket but is not that uncommon a sight when some people have a few pints in them.

TheEgg

Alcohol tends to lower peoples inhibitions, I rarely see strangers hugging and slobbering in the average supermarket but is not that uncommon a sight when some people have a few pints in them.
Asymptomatic people cannot spread the virus.

JCR

Oh dear, I think you have caught a nasty dose of Healy Rae virus.

JCR

I know 2
One pub is getting around it by putting on the receit, food €9 checked by cops no problem
The other those in after a couple of pints u are given receits that people who got food allready from next door
An Irish 'solution' to an Irish problem. Utter stupidity - and of course there isn't a politician of journalist who isn't aware of all of this. Or guard. We are great at lying to ourselves in Ireland. We are actually as a country only pretending to try and deal with Covid and hence our infections per one hundred thousand have become the worst in Europe.

'Ah to be shure, shure isn't it part of our culture to be shpreading the auld bitta virus for the craic'

Uganda

I know 2
My local is getting around it by a party of, say 4 sitting at a table, asking for a menu and while perusing the menu have a drink, and then another one and maybe a third. Before deciding they dont want to really have food after all.

TheEgg

That is just not true, and certainly not true for all asymptomatic people.
The World Health Organisation said so ffs! tighten that facemask now you don't want it slipping over your nose lmfao!!

max99

am sh** sick of listening to pub owners moaning and groaning... we didn't hear a geek out of them during the Celtic Tiger ..when many of them became millionaires .... they've been getting €350 a week since Feb... any pub that I have been in hasn't spent more than€ 50 on a couple of pieces of plastic....and they're now getting grants up to €34,000.... a pure joke

Round tower

My local is getting around it by a party of, say 4 sitting at a table, asking for a menu and while perusing the menu have a drink, and then another one and maybe a third. Before deciding they dont want to really have food after all.
So how, do they have a menu, how will that work out if they don't do food, it gives us an idea, in our town their is now 2 pubs doing food. One has being ddoing food for years while the other used have a resteraunt but closed a couple of years back. He started doing pub food and opened a resteraunt and doing well, now he wont give drink without food and u would need to order a table to get food, of course in the next month or so when their is noone looking for food he will be delighted to have us back. In the other pub u will get drink without food.

Cdebru

Rural

am sh** sick of listening to pub owners moaning and groaning... we didn't hear a geek out of them during the Celtic Tiger ..when many of them became millionaires .... they've been getting €350 a week since Feb... any pub that I have been in hasn't spent more than€ 50 on a couple of pieces of plastic....and they're now getting grants up to €34,000.... a pure joke
What about the people who work for them then? A lot of pubs will close forever and the people who trained as bar men/women and managers will have no job again ever, it will also destroy the tourist trade in Ireland, which has a lot to do with the Irish pub.

If it's the plan of this Government to finish off the rural pub trade (which will also end the tourist trade), what are their plans to retrain the pub staff to work at something else? Y'know, like they did when the building trade went bang.

I mention all of this as a non drinker who happened to like the ambience of an Irish rural public house.

Marcos the black

Have any confirmed cases been linked to pubs/restaurants?

Why do pubs stay closed while meat factories stay open?

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
jayney Rural I didn't know you were a non-drinker, whatever they are. It is like in a soap finding out that Monty the surgeon is actually gay and a space alien besides.

I gasped.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom