• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Operation standstill - Friday 11th Jan, Belfast

Iarmhi Gael

anyone hearing anything about this on the ground? - interested to hear from people in Belfast

I have been told buses will be stopping at 3pm, Law courts advising staff to leave early, businesses and office workers around city centre closing around 3pm.

Seems to be an underground rumour sweeping Belfast, that it is going to kick off accross the city tomorrow - anyone hearing same?

Just Jack

between the bridges

rumor has it those wanting to skive off early on a Friday have nothing to do with this...

InsideImDancing

Mackers

Will this apply to off licenses? I wouldn't want the organizers source of inspiration to be hindered. Furthermore ain't it a bit early for the followers to be out of their scrathers?

Northtipp

Will this apply to off licenses? I wouldn't want the organizers source of inspiration to be hindered. Furthermore ain't it a bit early for the followers to be out of their scrathers?
I'd say the offiesapp up and down the Falls and Andytown roads will do a roaring business. Hundreds of men with Rangers scarves headin their way as offies in unionist areas closing early. Every cloud has a silver lining :)

On a more serious note I has arranged to take the young fella and his two friends from Tipp to Belfast for Giants game at Odyssey. Fek that for a game of ice hockey. No point wondering about the hassle.

vinoboy

This action is being advertised in loyalist FB pages and is UPV led.

between the bridges

Glaucon

I'd say the offiesapp up and down the Falls and Andytown roads will do a roaring business. Hundreds of men with Rangers scarves headin their way as offies in unionist areas closing early. Every cloud has a silver lining :)

On a more serious note I has arranged to take the young fella and his two friends from Tipp to Belfast for Giants game at Odyssey. Fek that for a game of ice hockey. No point wondering about the hassle.
The more and more they behave in such a fashion, the more and more they alienate Catholic-minded Unionists from assuming their constitutional preference. Large strands of unionism seem unable to understand that the more and more they retreat into the "Protestant Ulster - No Surrender" mindset, the more and more perilous the Union with Britain becomes.

Unionists will, in the near future, no longer form a majority of the population, and Northern Ireland will continue the greening process - but if you are a Unionist, all that matters is that NI remains in the UK, and that is assured for at least 30 years more. With Catholic input (as opposed to momentary Catholic preference based on rapidly evolving economic conditions), it could become assured of continuity for 100 years or more. Of course, a proportion of Unionists care little for the link with GB, aside from the fact that it protects them from "Catholic Ireland". They are Protestant East Ulster nationalists. And they made the exact same mistake in the 1960s when instead of admitting Catholics to equality, they toppled their own leaders for having had the temerity to try to do so.

If they move these protests to interfaces and republican areas, they risk setting alight a tinder box of violence that will not be easily extinguished.

Last edited:

Iarmhi Gael

Mark devenport has said on his Twitter that 65 protests are tomorrow night. Jamie Bryson led.

I've been told from earlier today that "hell will be brought onto the streets tomorrow by loyalists"

They plan to run the PSNI around the city - trouble and I mean trouble all over the place.

In other news - jonny Harvey has left Bryson and Frazer show and joined PUP

Levellers

Maybe BTB but it might go to riots and the traffic will be bedlam. These kids are Tipp kids. It's one thing bringing my wee fella who hasn't seen that stuff but bringing someone else's kids into it. No thanks. There will be other weekends.
Wise NT. A RoI registration wouldn't go down well with these dimwits.