Opinion poll/study claims FG would win 57-60 seats with Leo or Simon as leader

PBP voter

Varadkar favoured to lead Fine Gael in an election | Newstalk

Key points:
-The poll is in the Irish Daily Mail
-If an election was held today Fine Gael would win 44 seats with Enda. Fianna Fail would become the most popular party.
-Simon Coveney would get them 57 seats
-Leo Varadkar would ensure them 60 seats.

The stats were gathered by researchers from survey company Ireland Thinks who spoke to 12-hundred adults in February.

ergo2

Key points:
-If an election was held today Fine Gael would win 44 seats with Enda. Fianna Fail would become the most popular party.

The stats were gathered by researchers from survey company Ireland Thinks who spoke to 12-hundred adults in February.
Daily Mail!. Reliable?

Did it say where those extra seats would be won?
How many were polled in each of those constituencies?
How were those polled in those constituencies selected?
Phone or face to face?

balisong

Key points:

Is this the outfit set up by yer man who jumped the sinking ship that is Labour? I think they're just trying to make a name for themselves with these polls

realistic1

varadkar favoured to lead fine gael in an election | newstalk

key points:
-the poll is in the irish daily mail
-if an election was held today fine gael would win 44 seats with enda. Fianna fail would become the most popular party.
-simon coveney would get them 57 seats
-leo varadkar would ensure them 60 seats.

The stats were gathered by researchers from survey company ireland thinks who spoke to 12-hundred adults in february.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Prof Honeydew

Key points:

Would this be the same Daily Mail polling company which found that:
- 98% of the people of Ireland want to leave the EU
- 97% want to rejoin Britain once it liberates itself from European interference
- 99% responded that Theresa May was the most competent and most admired politician on earth
- 96% believe that only the English soccer team plays by the rules
- 98% believe that Hilda Ogden was the real Queen of England before she was abducted in a flying saucer

Dame_Enda

Never heard of "Ireland Thinks".

HYENA

Time to ale water meters pay, by demanding that damaged superfluous water meters be removed by Irish Waters crews, putting more expense on non performing assets, that initially were installed to be an earner for DOB.ie.

TheWolf

Polls......smolls......
Zoo please.

lord

Sounds like a load of Boll**** to me. I dont hear many people saying good things about FG these days or FF or Labour for that matter.

PBP voter

Sounds like a load of Boll**** to me. I dont hear many people saying good things about FG these days or FF or Labour for that matter.
I don't doubt the figs. Usually more people will claim they will vote for a party when they change leader when the question is posed.

However when things settle down and the new leader is in place they go back to deciding on policy.

I personally think too much attention is placed on the leadership.

Prester Jim

Coveney seems to not understand (bit thick perhaps) how bad a further hames he has made of his portfolio or is too stubborn to admit that he should have followed all the advice that this would merely further inflate the housing market. Neither is a desirable
trait for a Taoiseach.
Varadkar will be where the buck stops as Taoiseach, how will he convincingly finger everywhere else and impotently lament the deaths and disasters that come from FG policy when he is in charge?
Perhaps Pascal would do better but he has no particular track record to speak of so he is a complete lucky dip option even if he did go for it.
Flanagan is an utter dud of course.
Who is left?
Where is there an actual person who is enough of a leader to take the job, I know standards are low here but I think we can all agree that the present incumbrance is not the standard we are hoping to match.

willow68

Gawd. I would rather not see Coveney as our Dear Leader. Varadkar is a joke though has a great likeability factor...I am struggling to point out one in whom I would have confidence and who would serve the Irish people best.
That young Doherty fellow from Donegal seems capable. Time will tell. Mary Lou is waiting in the wings ..

PBP voter

LOL, from a FGer who never shuts up about Adams!!
I am against Ireland being in the EU.

FF FG Lab Greens etc are all for it.

The only good thing about open borders is tradesmen have taken a total and utter stuffing.

troll account

Neither of these c#nts has a mandate to become Taoiseach...even if they do get Kenny out its election time

bogtrotter

Let them at it and see who wins the blue shirt fight.....I will be shouting them on from the sidelines and hoping they both die by their own swords...

offalypat

Let them at it and see who wins the blue shirt fight.....I will be shouting them on from the sidelines and hoping they both die by their own swords...
i rekon fg/ff have done their own ind polls and discovered that sinn fein are right up beside them that is why we see all the talk about the ira at every chance they get in the media lately.

GDPR

i rekon fg/ff have done their own ind polls and discovered that sinn fein are right up beside them that is why we see all the talk about the ira at every chance they get in the media lately.
Yes, because so much has changed in the last 12 months or so.

You lads are completely delusional.

GDPR

Quick question - why are posters and others in the MSM pushing this delusional fart, Varadkar?

Is it all cosy-cosy political world where utter twits are taken seriously because shewer the public will lap and lick anything we present to them - Leo da man! - and we can then sit back and roast our toes, having more fun at the poor fools expense?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies